The online racing simulator
The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
Oh I see, guess I'll have to experiment with anti aliasing compatible with reshade then, thx.

*edit* Sorry, but hell naw. LFSLAZYAYyAYAYAYAY
might use for screenshots, but then I'll supersample from 8k or some crap

*edit2* i took a second look at the screenshots, working on something... something... ;P
ofc its gonna stay private unless u are ok with me publishing my modified version of ur stufflez
how much fps does the reshade takes off ? (i tested it but it was on my not clen version where were some leftovers of enb testing and the reshade works on enb principe i lost al fps)
From my experience, I dropped from 300 to 60 at 1080p... lol. But you can easily lower it by altering the quality of MXAO and for some reason, disabling smaa helps alot as well.
shame that the MXAO is not working for me for some reson (when i switch it on and off no affect and when i do the debug of MXAO it makes the screen white) i will try to look for solution Smile

edit: i have windows 8.1
Quote from Mate2169 :shame that the MXAO is not working for me for some reson (when i switch it on and off no affect and when i do the debug of MXAO it makes the screen white) i will try to look for solution Smile

edit: i have windows 8.1

Depth-based effect on ReShade require to disable MSAA and quit LFSLazy. So you need to disable MSAA in the graphics settings (full scene anti-aliasing to None), and disable LFS's post process in the Misc settings. If you used AMD Settings or NVIDIA Inspector to force MSAA, disable it too.
ty soo much for help <3 it is working now
Isn't it FSAA in LFS, not MSAA? I got different results with ingame aa and inspector msaa
Quote from asyed :Isn't it FSAA in LFS, not MSAA? I got different results with ingame aa and inspector msaa

No, LFS uses MSAA, but it's called "full scene anti aliasing", probably because even Microsoft called it FSAA: https://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/windows/desktop/bb173422(v=vs.85).aspx

I think it's pretty misleading, even if MSAA is technically 'optimised' FSAA.

I don't know where the difference in result between LFS and NVIDIA inspector might come from though. Shrug
is there a way to fix flickering in multiplayer ? (50% the MXAO is off and on)

edit added pictures

and 2 seconds after
Quote from Mate2169 :is there a way to fix flickering in multiplayer ? (50% the MXAO is off and on)

Sadly no, I didn't found a solution for that.
such a shame, i used it before on difrent copy of lfs (my test lfs) and there it worked (even in multiplayer), then i tryed it on my main lfs where it was not even working, soo i made another copy where is it now working only online sadly Frown
No, the depth buffer was only locked out in 1.0/2.0, 3.0 is open source and has it removed
My reshade.
Hi guys,
I've modified nacim's Reshade preset which was based off of keiichi's.
I believe my preset to be "practical", with a lower framerate hit and less eye-candy.
This preset was designed to be as efficient as possible, not for sheer graphical fidelity.

Shaders used:
FXAA
Bloom
Clarity
LinearToGamma (helps recreate keiichi's linear color space)
S-Curve (helps recreate keiichi's linear color space)

Installation:
Disable Inspector AA
(Optional) Re-enable Inspector AA with the settings included in the zip
Copy zip content to LFS root directory
(Reccomended) Disable LFS post processing,

More in-depth instructions may be found in the zip

Screenshots!

Notes:
nVidia inspector AA requires specific settings, see picture in zip.
I lose around 110FPS with this preset, but it still runs fine with my i5 6600 and GTX 970, at 120+FPS and 4x SGSSAA @ 1080p.
Menu is still easily readable despite slight bloom.
No depth based effects are used
Attached files
Asyed's Light Reshade.zip - 12.4 MB - 1387 views
Quote from asyed :S-Curve (helps recreate keiichi's linear color space)

I'm being nitpicky, but S-Curve is used to tweak contrast and color saturation Wink

i'm able to make the game look like this (mxao on very low) but the issue is that it does not work online if it would it will be the best curent lfs grafic inprovement

#Edit it droped from 108fps to 29fps (but however with "Magic Bloom" it drops to 1 fps it was used on the picture above)
If you can barely run the game at 100fps, I suggest you don't use reshade. There's a reason why I went 4x SGSSAA @ 1080p 120fps rather than 8X SGSSAA @ 1080p 60fps + MXAO. LFS's physics refresh every 100 times, with 100+fps you get most accurate physics depiction (although there is little difference, as with "128 tick/64 tick" servers on the source engine.
Am i doing something wrong?

Do you have anti aliasing + post processing shader disabled? It should be working fine then, sometimes DOF can do that due to the fact that menu screens are 2d
Quote from asyed :Do you have anti aliasing + post processing shader disabled? It should be working fine then, sometimes DOF can do that due to the fact that menu screens are 2d

Yup, I have them both turned off.
Quote from Abone :yes......

Everything seems fine, look on his other screenshot, not blurry at all.
Quote from asyed :Everything seems fine, look on his other screenshot, not blurry at all.

No disrespect to the creator if the game is supposed to look like this, but the game looks awful compared to the pictures. Also my PC is capable of pulling 300-400+ fps on vanilla LFS.

If there's anything i can enhance the looks, let me know.

Thanks!
Quote from AymanHilal :Am i doing something wrong?

Well except the fact that you use a cracked LFS (or at least someone else's license), I'd say it's the depth of field that's enabled. Use SHIFT+F2 and Uncheck Depth-of-Field.

I also uploaded a ReShade preset without the Depth-of-Field, download shader-pack_NoDOF.zip.
Quote from AymanHilal :Am i doing something wrong?

Yes, you ask for help on the official forum of a game that you use a cracked copy of.

The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG