The online racing simulator
The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
It's normal, I removed the lighting multiplier, I don't really like the light saturation. Reshade's fake HDR is doing a better job at making bright zones shine.

I'll try to add some configuration for the next update.
Dude, that's sick! But I'm not gonna test that version yet and tease myself, I'll wait for an update as it's definitely worth it! Smile Keep it up Thumbs up

BTW, LFS.YA1.RU - reported.
Here's an update to my shaders. Big thanks to Keiichi_Tsuchiya for the tips and help. Smile

Changelog:
- Added (some kind of) forward scattering
- Added some configuration (disable custom fog, disable forward scattering, density multipler, ...), available in the World.vsh file
- Reverted car shader to default fog (wheels fog is bugged, just like for dynamic trees)
- Improved height fog
- Reverted my change to the lighting multiplier, now it's not "very darkly" anymore! Big grin

Notes:
I recommend disabling dynamic tree as they seriously ruin the landscape (because they don't use the same fog method, I haven't figured out how to do that, at this point I'm nearly sure it's not fixable)

Screenshots:

Download is in attached files below.
Attached images
2016-11-25 20-34-38.691.png
2016-11-25 20-13-54.408.png
Attached files
volumetric_fog_1-1.zip - 13 KB - 1018 views
cant wait for final work.that looks good enough for a test Smile
Just tested it and the overall atmosphere looks really impressive Smile But as for me it has a bit too much contrast, or to be more precise - dark areas look too dark (like formula bmw cockpit or tyres). Can't wait for custimizable version Smile
Quote from R@fiXII :Just tested it and the overall atmosphere looks really impressive Smile But as for me it has a bit too much contrast, or to be more precise - dark areas look too dark (like formula bmw cockpit or tyres). Can't wait for custimizable version Smile

Just go to PostProcess.psh and add return tex_col; just before the // S-curve comment. It will disable it. Wink
Quote from nacim :Just go to PostProcess.psh and add return tex_col; just before the // S-curve comment. It will disable it. Wink

So like this?

float4 tex_col = LinearToGamma(tex2D(Tex0, In.Texture));

return tex_col; // S-curve
float4 x_sq = tex_col * tex_col;

P.S. Took me half a f*cking hour to post this reply, every time I clicked "reply" the page would crash. I swear to god this site is so slow...
Quote from BeNoM :So like this?

float4 tex_col = LinearToGamma(tex2D(Tex0, In.Texture));
return tex_col; // S-curve
float4 x_sq = tex_col * tex_col;

It will do just fine, even if the comment is misplaced now lol Big grin
Don't forget to do /rsh in LFS's chat when you edit the shaders and the game is running. Wink
Do I have to do /rsh evertyime I launch the game? :o

Now my game is too bright Rofl

Is there a way to make the brightness in between? Nod
Quote from BeNoM :Do I have to do /rsh evertyime I launch the game? :o

No, no, only when you edit it while the game is still running. Wink

Quote from BeNoM :Is there a way to make the brightness in between? Nod

Yeah, just renable the S-curve (remove the previous bit of code you added), and increase that 2.95f you see on the line "tex_col = -2.0f * x_cu + 2.95f * x_sq;". By default I think LFS uses 5.0f. You can try that, or values in between. Wink

So i got the same problem . Is very dark , i tryied to change some details in PostProcess.psh but still nothing. so help me someone :c
Quote :so help me someone

The LEAST you could add was "please". BTW, you need to buy a license to play on Fern Bay with a GT2 car, I hope you run fast, because you just got reported. Smile

EDIT: Seriously though, the least you can do is respect the developers and post screenshots with DEMO content only on it. As a developer myself, I can't really tolerate that.

For those who have a similar problem, you need to enable the post process first in the Misc menu.
Oh snap!

Lol these crack users are so dumb sometimes Omg omg omg

Nacim it worked, thanks!
Yo nacim or Keiichi_Tsuchiya . Want to ask if there any way to make turned on PostProcess in lfs working with ENB?
1 - I don't see why it wouldn't work

2 - Why using ENB when Reshade 3.0 exists? I know Reshade can't find the depth buffer, but END doesn't do much with it except ambiant occlusion.
ENB has more functions/features then Reshade, that's why people still use it Wink
Can you tell me which file and line to play around with for the tires smoke?I downloaded nacim's volumetric fog and it made the smoke look really good, but im sure it can be even better, thanks.
Nacim, I played arond with settings and I finally found good compromise Smile Looks really immersive. Some things seem too plain though, like tire stacks and 3D grass (on BL1 -> screenshots)
Taipalsaari, Indeed the smoke looks much better, and to make it look even better u can make different texture Smile I don't think it can be edited via existing shaders. Next step forward could be soft particles, but again, I think this can't be done by just editing these shaders.

That's how it all (the smoke actually) look on my LFS.
Attached images
2016-12-09 19-47-30.487.jpg
2016-12-09 20-21-23.835.jpg
2016-12-09 20-21-53.752.jpg
2016-12-09 20-25-41.618.jpg
Quote from R@fiXII :Nacim, I played arond with settings and I finally found good compromise Smile Looks really immersive. Some things seem too plain though, like tire stacks and 3D grass (on BL1 -> screenshots)
Taipalsaari, Indeed the smoke looks much better, and to make it look even better u can make different texture Smile I don't think it can be edited via existing shaders. Next step forward could be soft particles, but again, I think this can't be done by just editing these shaders.

That's how it all (the smoke actually) look on my LFS.

Smoke looks incredible, mind uploading your settings? Wink
Hello!
First, @nacim, I really love your work on these shaders. Thank you! Heart
But after I updated the Live for Speed with the latest test patch 0.6Q3 the shadows are no more. I've tried to fix it... but its too complicated for me. Big grin
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Quote from Evolution_R :Hello!
First, @nacim, I really love your work on these shaders. Thank you! Heart
But after I updated the Live for Speed with the latest test patch 0.6Q3 the shadows are no more. I've tried to fix it... but its too complicated for me. Big grin

You're welcome Smile
You need to use the CarToShadow.psh, CarToShadow.vsh, ShadowToWorld.psh and ShadowToWorld.wsh from Scawen (which are in the update). I shouldn't have exported mines since I haven't modified them.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted a fix that didn't worked (for my defense, LFS crashes on start on my desktop), I just tried it on my laptop.
I suggest for people using my shaders to revert to the default one (linked in attachements) and wait for and updated version of the shaders (it won't be this week though, too much work to do, sorry).
Attached files
default-shaders.zip - 15.1 KB - 808 views
Benom, here's my smoke Smile (Actually it's a smoke found somewhere on lfs database afair, with some editing)
Attached files
DUST_ALP.dds - 85.5 KB - 1157 views
Quote from R@fiXII :Benom, here's my smoke Smile (Actually it's a smoke found somewhere on lfs database afair, with some editing)

Thank you! Big grin
Here it is!

Changelog:
- Added support for 0.6Q3
- Added vignetting post-process effect
- Tweaked post-process S-curve to give brighter colors
- Added configuration to PostProcess.psh

Notes:
I recommend disabling dynamic tree as they seriously ruin the landscape (because they don't use the same fog method, I haven't figured out how to do that, at this point I'm nearly sure it's not fixable)

Screenshots (raw shots, no Reshade):

Attached images
2016-12-19 13-56-10.662.jpg
2016-12-19 13-45-29.530.jpg
Attached files
nacim_shaders_v1-2.zip - 14.1 KB - 1099 views
yay!!! Na-na Na-na Na-na

The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG