The online racing simulator
The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
Awesome work, that print screens looks "perfect". cant wait for test it in my home, im at work now Smile
"I recommend disabling dynamic tree as they seriously ruin the landscape (because they don't use the same fog method, I haven't figured out how to do that, at this point I'm nearly sure it's not fixable) "

I can't find a setting for that Frown
Settings > Graphics > Trees : none Wink
Thumbs up
I love it!Na-na Just.. Perfect.
It felt weird playing without your shaders Looney hahah. The vignette filter gives some kind of touch that makes it look even better Thumbs up

Also its perfect for those that can't run Reshade or ENB Uhmm
Looks a bit weird in pits, or with shaders disabled :/
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :I love it!Na-na Just.. Perfect.
It felt weird playing without your shaders Looney hahah. The vignette filter gives some kind of touch that makes it look even better Thumbs up

Also its perfect for those that can't run Reshade or ENB Uhmm

Thanks. Smile
Yeah, returning to the default shaders for a week made me realise how much I was used to mine. Big grin

Quote from PeterN :Looks a bit weird in pits, or with shaders disabled :/

Can you elaborate?
And what do you mean by "or with shaders disabled", do you talk about Post-Process? If so, it needs to be enabled.
Very dark cars in pits (I mean in shift P, not in garage). Obviously post-process needs to be enabled for shaders to work, I just didn't expect the change in shaders to affect anything when post-process is disabled. I'm aware this is an LFS issue rather than your shaders though Smile
Quote from PeterN :Very dark cars in pits (I mean in shift P, not in garage). Obviously post-process needs to be enabled for shaders to work, I just didn't expect the change in shaders to affect anything when post-process is disabled. I'm aware this is an LFS issue rather than your shaders though Smile

Oh, yeah, I can't do anything about that. :/

Actually, volumetric fog is applied on the world shader, so it works without post-process, but since I based my shader off Keiichi's linear color space correction, it needs the post-process to be right. Wink
Shadows are missing from cars in latest version Frown
Ah I see, some of the shaders are active even with post-processing deactivated. Makes sense.
Quote from BeNoM :Shadows are missing from cars in latest version Frown

Install the shaders AFTER patching LFS to 0.6Q3 Wink
Any way to make them work on 6Q(0?) Big grin
I don't know, in theory they might just work on it too, but if it's not the case, use the previous version, and get the PostProcess.psh from the latest version Wink
Thanks! Big grin
There's no car shadow in 6Q10 Frown
Quote from BeNoM :There's no car shadow in 6Q10 Frown

I do have them personally. You need to replace my CarToShadow and ShadowToWorld by the one that Scawen updated for them to work, and that's all. Wink
Ok, thanks Smile
-
(killafilla) DELETED by killafilla : I fixed the problem
Hello again!
The first screenshot is from the version 0.6P of Live for Speed with linear rendering shader by Keiichi / nacim's version - volumetric fog 1-1 (which in my opinion are the best looking shaders). The second screenshot is from the latest version of the game (0.6R) with nacim shaders v1-2. I managed to remove the vignetting, but then the sky has become too bright.

Is it possible to use only linear rendering (without "vignetting post-process effect and without "tweaked post-process S-curve to give brighter colors") with the latest (0.6R) version of the game?
Example:
Is it possible the latest version of the game to look like 3rd screenshot, but with shadow of the car?

Thank you very much!
Attached images
version P linear rendering.jpg
version R nacim shaders v1-2.jpg
version R linear rendering no shadow.jpg
Quote from Evolution_R :Is it possible to use only linear rendering (without "vignetting post-process effect and without "tweaked post-process S-curve to give brighter colors") with the latest (0.6R) version of the game?

Hello Evolution_R!

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to say that I really like vignetting and S-curve in LFS, since it have a really flat look without them, but I understand that it's not for everyone. Wink
In the latest version, I added personalisation of the shaders, so to disable S-curve and vignetting, simply go to PostProcess.psh, and comment #define USE_S_CURVE and #define USE_VIGNETTING (see screenshot in attachments). It should give you the fog and the linear color space, without extra post-process. Wink
Attached images
Screenshot_1.png
2017-02-04 20-34-08.488.jpg
2017-02-04 20-34-24.475.jpg
Thanks for the response!

I managed to disable S-curve and vignetting by myself some time ago, but the game doesn't look like before and that is why I came here for help... its still too bright and I dont know how to make it the same...

First I've downloaded the clean 0.6R version, then pasted the nacim_shaders_v1-2 without CarToShadow.psh&vsh and ShadowToWorld.psh&vsh (because of the shadows) and then commented the S-curve and vignetting.
Attached images
version P linear rendering.jpg
1.jpg
Okay, so I checked further, and it seems that Keiichi used S-curve too, just a little less agressive.

To have the closest possible match (without having shadow problems, but that means a bit of sky burned), just change the 3.2f value to 3.0f in PostProcess.psh.

It should look like on the screenshots.
Attached images
2017-02-04 20-56-27.169.jpg
Screenshot_2.png
Hello!

I managed to get similar results, but I thought it was easier to make it to look exactly the same and I'm too blind for the solution... but now it seems that there is an issue with the shadow of the car and it can't be the same, at least at this moment.

Thank you for your quick response, its appreciated!
help i did something stupid
(actually I just extracted .zip into my data\shaders overwriting everything, but looks like I messed something up)

The custom shaders thread
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG