The online racing simulator
Few small possible additions
(15 posts, started )
Been a while since I've posted here but I jumped on the other day to have a few laps and just thought of a few small things that could add a bit to the sim.

Dyno graphs : Adding dyno graphs for cars in the setup screen, possible a tab to view or visable dyno in info screen. Or a ctrl+(key) in game for an additional driving telemetry. While it doesn't have any massive benefit it's one of those 'little things' that's nice to have.

Restricted setup server type I've played in the past a few restricted setup races in small team games. How good would it be to have a restricted setup public server. This would apply mainly for STD (lol) TBO and LRF class cars. Where everyone would drive cars locked in an unmodified factory setting. It would make for some very fun competitive racing and true show of driver skill. perhaps some slight tweaking of the 'default' setup would be required to make all cars in a particular class be more balanced however it's already very close. This can also leave open the possibility of locked admin setups. As well as restricted starting fuel for the longer races so that pit stops and driving style are more calculated.

Different wheel style options Enough said.

More refined engine note tuning When tuning car sounds it's a bit tricky sometimes getting that note you're after without slipping into the "my speakers can't do that" realm. Perhaps a more simplistic format of just. Loudness, sound insulation, higher/lower pitch. With an added tick on/off option of hearing other peoples custom notes.

Cars need nos Nitros oxide and also nitros purging when at the starting grid to show off with custom colour tuning of the gas.
Quote from FPVaaron :

Restricted setup server type: There will be some fixed setup racing when the VWS gets released.
Different wheel style options: not NFS.
Cars need nos: Just no comment...

All my opinions above.
Quote from MandulAA :All my opinions above.

Thank you for clarifying to me that it is not need for speed. in regards to wheel options.. We already have tyre options which have no benefit aside from a visual appeal. Perhaps we should remove that feature. Also we have customizable horn sounds which can be heard by other players. A feature I guess should not be here either. Or maybe just don't tick that box since my suggestion gives the option for people who do not wish to use it Actually since it's not need for speed. The already existing engine note tuning should be completely removed.

In regards to nitros oxide it is essential to have coloured nitros purge effect when showing off your VIP camber at the start grid.
Quote from FPVaaron :
Cars need nos Nitros oxide and also nitros purging when at the starting grid to show off with custom colour tuning of the gas.

That purely reminds me of NFS. It's not necessary to have anything like that in a racing simulator, it's pointless and has no real use.
Quote from MousemanLV :That purely reminds me of NFS. It's not necessary to have anything like that in a racing simulator, it's pointless and has no real use.

I had a beer last night and I was also very disappointed that it was 4% empty. Completely ignoring the 96% that was full.

I'm really hoping some one on this forum will get what Im saying here.
Quote from FPVaaron :I'm really hoping some one on this forum will get what Im saying here.

Everyone does, and gives their opinion about it. NOS isn't a feature that adds anything to a simulator. It's fun in an arcade racer I guess.

In general, not having things like NOS or KERS is what makes LFS so great. Hard racing and nice overtakes which aren't pressing a button and fly past the other guy.
Quote from FPVaaron :

If you aren't getting the answer you want, you might have to reconsider explaining what you really mean. A facepalm will get you nowhere.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Everyone does, and gives their opinion about it. NOS isn't a feature that adds anything to a simulator. It's fun in an arcade racer I guess.

In general, not having things like NOS or KERS is what makes LFS so great. Hard racing and nice overtakes which aren't pressing a button and fly past the other guy.

Oh please continue to explain to me how all of you honestly take in full seriousness a LFS licensed member for more than a decade is actually suggesting adding a feature of coloured nitros purge to add to the effect of VIP camber on the start grid. Don't forget to cover your eyes too and fight your concious mind of detecting blatantly obvious sarcastic humor. While at the same time completely ignoring any kind of legitimate suggestion.
Quote from FPVaaron :Oh please continue to explain to me how all of you honestly take in full seriousness a LFS licensed member for more than a decade is actually suggesting adding a feature of coloured nitros purge to add to the effect of VIP camber on the start grid. Don't forget to cover your eyes too and fight your concious mind of detecting blatantly obvious sarcastic humor. While at the same time completely ignoring any kind of legitimate suggestion.

Haha, I understood your sarcasm brother. Definitely some good suggestions that shouldn't take too much to implement.
Dyno graphs : No....

Restricted setup server type : Would be cool

Different wheel style options : Not style, but aluminum/composit 19" race rims does not suit rally imo, or drag. If we could play around with-rim diameter/Tire-profile, we could have even more enjoyment of the tire physichs I think

More refined engine note tuning : Sounds interesting

Cars need nos : Hell no...

Why not using NOS @ racing? I don't see point why not to add features what would not hurt LFS at all. It is just the fear it makes LFS in your eyes arcadish and you then have to use AC, iRacing or other faction.

NOS could be added though only to new cars what are going to be added, and only specific cars, mostly tuned cars, drag cars, rarely race cars. Maybe with even a new classification would not be impossible.

Also, it could be refilled up in the pits ( it should also take a bit longer than adding only normal fuel )

Don't like it? Don't use it then you f......... blooper
There is a certain app out there which can generate Dyno Graphs for you, realtime. However as it also allows you to do the usual tweaks too so I won't be linking it here. That said you can't use it on multiplayer which is a good thing.
#15 - kdo
Quote from MandulAA :All my opinions above.

Or for the xrg, the ability to use the old wheels.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG