The online racing simulator
Force Feedback doesn't work
(15 posts, started )
Hello.
I have a Logitech G25 and it's my first time since years playing LFS. I wanted making my experience as realistic as possible, so I've tried enabling force feedback, but it doesn't really work. Sure, it is enabled, but it doesn't work in the game. I've tried turning up the "force strength", but all it does is it turns my steering wheel whenever I hit something or start sliding. Otherwise, the steering wheel is completely loose, no vibrations whatsoever. I know the G25 is working, because it works perfectly in Euro Truck Simluator 2. I would greatly appreciate any help, but please be specific, since I don't know much about this game (anymore). Thank you.

My settings:

Sincerely,
Adam
Is the wheel correctly configured in the profiler?

Your settings should look like these:

Quote from Whiskey :Is the wheel correctly configured in the profiler?

Your settings should look like these:

Yes it is.
#4 - RedJ
The force feedback is too low (8%) to be felt , try 30% or more
Quote from RedJ :The force feedback is too low (8%) to be felt , try 30% or more

I have, but then the steering wheel just starts spinning whenever I hit something. Without vibrations, it feels so unnatural!
#6 - Davo
What are you hitting? And the wheel spins... it's called force feedback
Ffb
Had the same problem myself recently see this thread

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85954

I solved it by going into the LFS controllers option screen, up at the top where it shows the controller as G25 wheel, change it to Keyboard.
Then change any one of the key mappings.
Then go to the track with keyboard set as controller.
Now go back to the controller options screen and reselect G25 Wheel as the controller, then to the Axes/FF screen and recalibrate the wheel, set FFB on and set any axis/key mappings you want.

See if that sorts it out, did for me.
Quote from JackSun :Had the same problem myself recently see this thread

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85954

I solved it by going into the LFS controllers option screen, up at the top where it shows the controller as G25 wheel, change it to Keyboard.
Then change any one of the key mappings.
Then go to the track with keyboard set as controller.
Now go back to the controller options screen and reselect G25 Wheel as the controller, then to the Axes/FF screen and recalibrate the wheel, set FFB on and set any axis/key mappings you want.

See if that sorts it out, did for me.

Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I don't know if it matters, but in the settings it doesn't say "G25 Wheel" but "wheel/joystick" - maybe LFS doesn't fully recognize my wheel?

You know what, I am willing to pay $10 via PayPal to anyone who can find the solution.
Quote from Aukoue :I have, but then the steering wheel just starts spinning whenever I hit something. Without vibrations, it feels so unnatural!

I suggest you hold the steering wheel to stop it spinning. Mind control doesn't work too well.

G25s and G27s do not have a wheel vibration effect; it is faked in some games by alternating the wheel direction rapidly. LFS does not simulate vibration of the car through the wheel, only motion of the wheel based on forces to the steering system.
ffb
Quote :Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I don't know if it matters, but in the settings it doesn't say "G25 Wheel" but "wheel/joystick" - maybe LFS doesn't fully recognize my wheel?

In your image it shows as G25 Wheel, the writing to the right of Wheel/Joystick.

Try uninstalling the Logitech software, restart PC.
Then make sure wheel is unplugged and reinstall the latest logitech software with any anti virus software disabled.
Only plug in the wheel when the Install program requests it.
Then see how you get on.
Quote from JackSun :In your image it shows as G25 Wheel, the writing to the right of Wheel/Joystick.

Try uninstalling the Logitech software, restart PC.
Then make sure wheel is unplugged and reinstall the latest logitech software with any anti virus software disabled.
Only plug in the wheel when the Install program requests it.
Then see how you get on.

I'll try that, thank you!
#12 - kdo
What happen if you press "," and ";" ?
Quote from Aukoue :I'll try that, thank you!

I just reinstalled the profiler, but now for some reason it won't detect the wheel..
Did you uninstall it and reboot your pc before reinstalling it?
And which OS are you running?
#15 - Be2K
Fry a New profile! If you are loading old settings or reimport Settings, lfs or logitech Software arent Working correctly

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG