The online racing simulator
LIVE BROADCAST: 2014 Kyoto 500 - From 18:00 UTC 28th June 2014
Hello all!

It's time for the Seventh Annual Kyoto 500! The 268 lap trial of endurance and luck, patience and skill takes place on a forecasted clear day with some wind at the Kyoto Ring's Oval layout. It emulates the Indianapolis 500, including a three-wide start, the only one (that we know of) in LFS. It usually makes the hairs on one's neck stand on end, and raises the stress level of the racers.

Patrick Hall (FalconBridge) starts the race from pole for the second year in a row. Dan Sanger (Raven88) starts alongside, and Martin Kapal (Flame CZE) starts outside Row 1. 2012 champion Niko Puntola (nikopdr) starts from 11th. 30 cars qualified, filling the field. Everyone who starts has a chance to win, if they can survive.

Join Chris Wilkinson and Thilo Falkenberg on the NDR Youtube from 18:00 UTC! Special thanks to Kevin Leu (troy) for streaming!

Livestream Link

Spotter's Guide (Courtesy of Stuart Baker (Beano))

NDR Tracker will show positions during the race
Server on LFS Remote
NDR IRC - #ndr @ irc.gamesurge.net
#2 - Bean0
Gutholz, your PDF seems to have been printed in reverse... page 1 is at the bottom.
Quote from Gutholz :would you like to know more?

This is brilliant. Love this micro stuff
Awesome graphs there, Gutholz, I love this kind of stuff

Here are track information images, just like last year.
Attached images
2014Kyoto500_TrackMap.png
2014Kyoto500_TrackInfo.png
I went to the stream and I thought i was early, but I am super-early! My mind is oficially in Standard Time.
We're live! Time for me to lose my hair!
"Live Streaming ist wegen Rechteproblemen in Deutschland leider nicht möglich."
ProxyTube died on this stream for me... saying that it is also blocked in the USA and therefore not available.
Lag Contact = speed higher than can be. Causes lost of connection. Sucks for me
15 laps left, 6 cars on the lead lap!
Pff... You're still Legendary Mr. Legend :bowdown:
My tongue...
Quote from FalconBridge :Lag Contact = speed higher than can be. Causes lost of connection. Sucks for me

This only happened on my end.

I almost never timeout. All well, better luck next year.
I feel so blessed that the race commentator and the mighty camera guy had eyes on me as I crashed due to Remco's epic set whilst going trough the last turn as I somehow managed to get my formula sideways and I simply didn't have a chance to save it as it had a mind of its own
Quote from MousemanLV :I feel so blessed that the race commentator and the mighty camera guy had eyes on me as I crashed due to Remco's epic set whilst going trough the last turn as I somehow managed to get my formula sideways and I simply didn't have a chance to save it as it had a mind of its own

that's why you shouldn't use a set from somebody who likes initial D :P
Wonderful event to watch, huge thanks to all who put in so much effort!
PeterN: first page in pdf should be the red+green "cover page", last page is the one with kyoto-500 logo at bottom. Which is how it displays for me, maybe it is some strange option in your pdf viewer?

This youtube-proxy thing has the best installation:
http://abload.de/img/blaqcjyi.jpg "You must click blabla to continue" but the menu is just a grey box

Now that I got it working the recorded stream is already freely watchable without proxy, but on plus side HD converting is done now.
Seems good so far, but what happend to co-commentator?
Otherwise nice work and thanks to all involved

Quote : Lag Contact = speed higher than can be. Causes lost of connection. Sucks for me

In google-quiz I had put you as race winner
I doubt LFS kicks connections for too high [car?] speed like this, otherwise some time ago before the "bouncy trampoline barriers" got fixed, people would have been kicked more often. Seems more like "normal" connection lose, still sucks of course.
And when Thilo pronounced my surname, I felt hurt...Like if someone kicked me in the face!

LIVE BROADCAST: 2014 Kyoto 500 - From 18:00 UTC 28th June 2014
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG