The online racing simulator
#1 - lfsrm
Quote from nacim :Hi everybody,

I know you are working on 3D, Occulus Rift and tires physics, but is that possible to create some graphics optimisations for exemple :
- simple light flare for sun ?
- speed effect for wheels (like this: http://www.gameblog.fr/images/ ... dForSpeed_Shift_Ed040.jpg ) ?
- a real-time reflections for cars ?
- a simple spot light effect for car lights ?
- Real time shadows ?

And more developped (Don't know if it's DX9 compatible) :
- texture normal maps for lighting ?
- SSAO ?

I think this will make the game more realistic, and beautiful, and this forum is full of graphic developpers that are ready to help you to do it, like I'm disposed to help you for textures.
I'm not a low-level graphic developper and I don't know DirectX stuff, so I don't know if it's possible to do this in DX9.

before you get trolled by somebody, scawen clearly indicate that some of graphics improvement are planed after tyres physiques update, like real time sun and shadows.

but for now devs are focused into tyres physique so we need to wait a bit .

avant que quelqu'un commence a trollé sur ton post, scawen a clairement indiqué qu'il ny'auras pas de maj pour les graphisme avant qu'il termine le physique des pneu, quelque amélioration a venir ont déjà était cité par le développeur comme le soleil en temps reel et aussi les ombre ambiant.

mais pour l'instant ils sont concentré sur le physique des pneu alors on doit attendre un peu avant de voir quelque chose de concret niveaux graphisme .
-
(nacim) DELETED by nacim
#2 - lfsrm
Quote from nacim :Je prends note, mais petit truc : en anglais on dit physics

aye sorry for mistake good found.
#3 - Ped7g
- check suggestion thread maybe, I'm pretty sure all of them are here already and Scawen is aware of them.
- what is realistic about lens flare? It's just optical error of camera lenses, so as long as you watch the world trough your eyes, there's no such thing (yes, I'm allergic on this one, especially when combined with words like "more realistic", or ultimately topped by "chromatic aberration" request). I can't recall driving any real world race car/kart with camera lenses mounted on my face, really. Just helmet, nothing more.
- DX9 is capable of all that stuff (and in reasonably efficient way)

(actually I think some of them could do for a nice spin-off for Scawen's brain to get some rest from tires physics, but this has been hopefully well covered by Oculus support now? so I hope he will have now good time and nice progress with tires and content update)
-
(nacim) DELETED by nacim
-
(nacim) DELETED by nacim
Don't think that raising PPS will make much of a difference in fluidity. Its more to the peoples internet connection. There are other parts where improvements are more welcome, for example why Ks, Kn drivers lag like hell (ok, not really lag, but their path is not as smooth as nonkeyboard drivers). This is completly new subject other than current test patch. Altough I'd like to see more than 32 cars / 48 conns As 6E multiplayer improvements proved well, and internet speeds are much faster nowadays.
Off Topic : Textures
I'm not sure if someone have posted this already, but:

This are the only issues that make LFS look a bit "dirty" sometimes.

If not too much to ask: who makes LFS textures, Scawen? I think you can ask Lynce for help, maybe he could assist you

No, it's Eric, and considering that he did this job many, many years ago now, I think they have done a pretty good job standing up to the test of time.
I think was told some time ago that Scawen and/or Eric don't want any external help when it comes to textures. Who knows.

Secondly, Lynce is not active anymore, and I doubt he has enough spare time to dedicate it to LFS.

And by the way, what's wrong with the pole you circled, diego9972? That it doesn't have a shadow? That should be a Scawen's job. I remember him saying he would like to improve track shadows at some point, but I don't know if it's simple/possible to render shadows of movable objects.
Quote from Dygear :No, it's Eric, and considering that he did this job many, many years ago now, I think they have done a pretty good job standing up to the test of time.

I almost wanted to say that it wasn't done many years ago because it wasn't released yet... then I remembered
Quote from Flame CZE :I think was told some time ago that Scawen and/or Eric don't want any external help when it comes to textures. Who knows.

Secondly, Lynce is not active anymore, and I doubt he has enough spare time to dedicate it to LFS.

And by the way, what's wrong with the pole you circled, diego9972? That it doesn't have a shadow? That should be a Scawen's job. I remember him saying he would like to improve track shadows at some point, but I don't know if it's simple/possible to render shadows of movable objects.

No, I mean that it looks like as if it were floating LOL :uglyhamme
Quote from diego9972 :No, I mean that it looks like as if it were floating LOL :uglyhamme

And that because of the missing shadow LOL :uglyhamme
Quote from Eclipsed :And that because of the missing shadow LOL :uglyhamme

But a hole texture behind the pole would make it look better, that's what I mean
-
(TrIpLe M) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless post
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to a deleted post
The First and the best simulator auto racing pc game for me "LFS".
But Still today,now a big change or update for,no new tracks,lokk for te others game pc,tens of something new,I'm back on lfs because I like it again, problem of log in so have register again and lfs page is changed to a superb interface,i see te Scirroco Car and i say:finally a great new,now i can drive this new car,but haven' found it,I really appreciate the changes for the 3d and the other thing I'm entraind discovery here,so I said thank you very much to everyone who made ​​it to,but as said, if you like a good thing so we always like to have more.thank you if you had read all these lines of this message.
new tracks and cars available here : https://www.lfs.net/shop/licenseselect
This will change your life to play only on Blackwood tracks ... and this will add lots of new cars too ^^ ... not yet the vw I agree, but for this you will need S1 anyway
Quote from Flotch :new tracks and cars available here : https://www.lfs.net/shop/licenseselect
This will change your life to play only on Blackwood tracks ... and this will add lots of new cars too ^^ ... not yet the vw I agree, but for this you will need S1 anyway

He said that he had to register again on forum, meaning that he has another account most likely licensed. Now we have 2 messages to delete by moderators here >_<
Thank you,all of you here,and if i have register again that because i ave lost my user and password (formated pc and install windows xp sp3),but in register the only proble was (write the word "race" in case,i write it 4 or 5 times and finaly i'm registred.
take a look here,other players games take tracks from LSF and convert them to what they like us game,so when we can do it?
i play rFactor 1 and it work.
it's for rFactor 2,not 1,Sorry.
Quote from livespeedlive2 :take a look here,other players games take tracks from LSF and convert them to what they like us game,so when we can do it?
i play rFactor 1 and it work.

https://www.lfs.net/faq/8

About porting LFS content to other sims: I have read somewhere on the forum, that demo content is available for porting, but I can't see it described in terms and conditions, so I'm not sure where to look for official LFS team stance on this.

And now to important part:
why do you post *here*? This is about test patch 0.6F8.
Download the official LFS, download the test patch, apply it, write here your [new] problem with the test patch.

Missing modding tools is not new problem related to F8, but old well known problem, so you are just delaying release of official 0.6G patch. You can rant about missing content and modding tools in other appropriate threads on this forum (general/suggestions).

Please read also: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/9866-TEST-Forum-Rules---READ-THIS-FIRST
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG