The online racing simulator
GT Academy 2014
(82 posts, started )
GT Academy 2014
Post your progress in here, given lfs forum is filled with high level sim racers we surrly wil see a fee make it to the finals.

Australia is confirmed for the first time since 2010 so i will be participating and at this rate should easily make it.
My highest position last year was 86th a week before the end of the event, there are just too many Italians . I stopped trying when I realised that I had to drive very unrealistically and get advantage of the physics flaws if I wanted to improve my time
Will try again!
2014 Winner will be Enzo Bonito (REsuperG), just watch.
Mexico is not where near to be included, that's a shame because I really think I'm in a good level here in this country, not compared to the aliens in Europe.
Quote from Mustafur :Post your progress in here, given lfs forum is filled with high level sim racers we surrly wil see a fee make it to the finals.

Australia is confirmed for the first time since 2010 so i will be participating and at this rate should easily make it.

Have you heard of a start date?
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Have you heard of a start date?

Not yet but one of the guys running the live event at clipsol said the time trial will start sometime in April for oz.
Quote from NitroNitrous :My highest position last year was 86th a week before the end of the event, there are just too many Italians . I stopped trying when I realised that I had to drive very unrealistically and get advantage of the physics flaws if I wanted to improve my time
Will try again!

At the end of the day once you pass the TT it comes down to real driving/fitness.
Qualified for Australian National Final via Live event, got 5th best time top 14 qualify.
Quote from Mustafur :Qualified for Australian National Final via Live event, got 5th best time top 14 qualify.

Well done Mustafur. My talent is only good enough to get gold.

Aussie are doing well in the world rankings which is good to see.
I'm 8th currently and I can easily make it to the finals
Congrats! With my current time I'd be 12th in Mexico 66th in Italy has been my best so far this year, but i am currently 87th. I know how to shave some tenths off but I am having a hard time putting well the corners altogether in the same lap
Chanoman, if you make the top 6 in the nationals you will be in the international final against Australia's top 6.

Some Countries are easier to qualify then others, Australia's is extremely competitive this year on the online qualifier lucky im already through via Live event.

Ill be more confident in the real driving challenges as i think i should have the measure on most at the aussie final as im a regular Karter and trackday atleast once a month.
Quote from Mustafur :
Ill be more confident in the real driving challenges as i think i should have the measure on most at the aussie final as im a regular Karter and trackday atleast once a month.

I'm not a karter nor a trackday man but the only trackday ive been I managed to race very good a much superior car than mine with a very good driver.

And with the times regarding countries, yeah I've seen a lot of good laps in some, but check India they are very slow compared to the rest of the world, a surprise may be Thailand.
I would recommend working on your fitness, and go to the local kart track as much as you can with hire karts or something as they will be important in the national final.
Hardest part about karting is how dry your throat gets from all the rubber and such. That will wear you out for sure.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hardest part about karting is how dry your throat gets from all the rubber and such. That will wear you out for sure.

If that is all that is preventing you becoming a winning karter then please contact me..I will demand a fee and a percentage of any future winnings..thanks.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hardest part about karting is how dry your throat gets from all the rubber and such. That will wear you out for sure.

Yeah, that is totally how it works. I bet it's the same with F1 drivers aswell.

I only do the cheap indoor karting, but I just found it intriguing because when we do our simracing we are relatively comfortable. I don't know all the g figures and all that, but I always find that the fun out weights any soar back you have the next day. But then again, I'm a former state-champion BMX racer, so maybe I just used to powering through any pain, unlike you fat pussies :P/tootingmyownhorn
Just depends on your core strength, i have been working on that for about 4 months now and the pain is minimal.
I instruct a karting school for a living. Number one way to avoid fatigue in a kart is to let your body lean into the seat. Lean back, and let the G forces push you side to side. Don't lean in to a corner, let your weight go to the outside of the seat. It helps the handling of the kart (jacking rear tire in the air) and it means the seat supports you. If you lean forward to get "up on the wheel", your torso has to do all the work to support you. Just relax.

Also don't grip the wheel any harder than you have to. Nothing makes your arms go numb faster than a death grip on the wheel. Stretch your fingers on every straight. If they allow you to drive without gloves, drive without gloves. You get a better grip on most wheels (especially cheap ones with plastic for grips).
So the National Finals consist on driving a kart?
Quote from chanoman315 :So the National Finals consist on driving a kart?

not sure, but driving a kart will help driving skills as track time is much more expensive.
Quote from Mustafur :not sure, but driving a kart will help driving skills as track time is much more expensive.

The latest (2013) central european finals was event on some parking lot with track made of barriers and people were doing hotlaps in Nissan Juke + some physical tests.
If it already ended I made it to the National Finals

GT Academy 2014
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG