The online racing simulator
GT Academy 2014
(82 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :If it already ended I made it to the National Finals

Excellent. Keep us updated on what happens and good luck.
Congrats guys. I finished 110th in Italy (which last year had almost 80.000 entries) so I am good but not enough I know I could still improve my lap but couldn't complete a clean one. Kinda annoying that after a certain point the only way to go faster is to drive unrealistically, downshifting like mad to make the car slide
Will try again next year
All the best chanoman.
I will and thanks!, hope to see Mustafur on the Race Camp too!
They should be giving you an email within 5 days of the national event, make sure to keep a look out because if don't respond within 3 days they withdraw your spot.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :2014 Winner will be Enzo Bonito (REsuperG), just watch.

of which area?

there are winners for multiple regions:
Germany
Europe(includes: UK, France, Spain Portugal, Holland etc)
International(Australia, Middle east, India, Thailand, Mexico)
North America(Canada and USA)

so this year will have 4 winners.
-
(NitroNitrous) DELETED by NitroNitrous
Quote from Mustafur :They should be giving you an email within 5 days of the national event, make sure to keep a look out because if don't respond within 3 days they withdraw your spot.

When do the National Events happen?
Quote from chanoman315 :When do the National Events happen?

it will be in the email, no one knows at this stage.
Quote from Mustafur :it will be in the email, no one knows at this stage.

meh, if it's in July I won't make it...
I got my email confirmation to go to the Melbourne natiinal Final on the 11th and 12th of July.
Me too, sadly I won't be in Mexico for the National Finals so maybe next year will be the one.

Good Luck!!
Quote from Mustafur :I got my email confirmation to go to the Melbourne natiinal Final on the 11th and 12th of July.

Kick their ass in the name of LFS
Currentely finished day 1 of the event, would of averaged first in the gaming stage if I didn't bin the last round.

Fitness I was lacking a bit and would be around middle.

Real driving and media tommorow is where I should make up ground and make the top 6 for silverstone.
Quote from Mustafur :Currentely finished day 1 of the event, would of averaged first in the gaming stage if I didn't bin the last round.

Fitness I was lacking a bit and would be around middle.

Real driving and media tommorow is where I should make up ground and make the top 6 for silverstone.

Best of luck Mustafur, I hope all goes to plan and you get the plane tickets.
Best of luck dude!!!
Yes, good luck.
Best of luck
good luck
Didn't make it, my Day 2 went terrible and was off it for basically the whole thing.

At the end of the day it came down to fitness atleast for me, in the first stage gaming i did really well despite red lapping the 3rd round(came 1st in the 1st round and 3rd in the second), the fitness i went to my maximum and got a 8.7 but that took the life out of me, only managed 12 pushups then 1min 36 on the plank.

after that fitness i could barely talk i was soo stuffed, as soon as i got to my hotel and had a shower i basically passed out, only to wake up half an hour after the bus left(so basically 10 hours sleep lol), when i saw the time i thought i had stuffed it and knew there was no point being too angry as the damage was done, i knew that phillip island wasn't until 10am so i called a taxi got the address and managed to make it just in time to get my two last gaming rounds done, i was well off the pace for both as i was still waking up and wasn't focused enough.

then when we went to phillip island we had the media test and driving. I did okay on the media test, nothing bad or anything but in the driving i blew it. the clutch is soo much different to my Astra and could never get a hang of it, and on my last run which was going good untill i had a massive drift moment right at the end and hit two cones.

the Fitness test at the end of the day compromised my day 2 as i was still effected by it and my concentration was all over the place from it.
it shows badly that all the guys that got over 10 in the Beep test all made it to Silverstone, fitness is vital to keep your focus.
Why do they go so hard on fitness? Fitness can always be improved. It's not like driving a GT car requires Olympian athletic levels.
Quote from Intrepid :Why do they go so hard on fitness? Fitness can always be improved. It's not like driving a GT car requires Olympian athletic levels.

I agree with what you say, but from their point of view you can also improve your fitness levels before GT academy not just after. I guess there is a dedication aspect, for sure oversleeping and missing a team bus would count against you.

But sorry to hear it didnt work out for you . You've always seemed like a nice guy and it would have been good to see a member of the LFS community do well
Yeah i feel as if fitness was very heavily weighed in it too much, it is something that can be improved.
I guess it has something to do with the whole ''Nismo Athlete'' thing they are promoting.

I think this competition overall was a good experience and I can always do it next year with more knowledge on what is required.

The driving was very rushed(you got two timed goes around a 25 second Auto X layout in a 370Z), but i understand why as there was limited time to weed out the players and then there is a more rigorous stage at silverstone.

The Australian Competition is extremely competitive because we have been waiting a very long time for the Academy so we had some serious guys in this time(one of the guys a highly regarded Iracing player beat the pros time by around the AutoX by a second), i would expect the Australian winner to be the international Winner.

Ill be working on My Fitness and aim for 12 plus in the beep test for next time, I worked hard on my fitness but I was soo unfit when i started that i would of needed a few more months to get to the right level, and get some experience in Autocross which I really should of done before hand(i mainly focused on track days and karting).
Booo..sorry to hear that but you know what to do for next time.
Quote from Intrepid :Why do they go so hard on fitness? Fitness can always be improved. It's not like driving a GT car requires Olympian athletic levels.

Keeping up the concentration levels during a 1 hour stint in a stinking hot GT car (cockpit temps of ~50 degrees C aren't unheard of) while lapping slower cars and potentially being lapped by quicker cars isn't exactly easy.

lol, get a clue.

And you know this how?

GT Academy 2014
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG