The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 250: Server Information and General Discussion

2014 Kyoto 250 - Server Information and General Questions / Discussions

Server Name: NDR.Kyoto 250
Server Password: Password for all practice sessions available here (must be logged in AND entered to view it)

Use this thread for general event questions and/or discussion. Frequently Asked Questions and their answers will be added to this OP.
Just so you all know; the next session won't be until Saturday. I need to spend Thursday recovering from a busy week of work, and building my new PC, and finishing processing sessions 4-7. Friday I'm busy with other business so it's looking like Saturday.

Should be able to cram a decent number more in this weekend and Thursday and Friday of next week before we hit the event weekend!
Quote from dekojester :
Car 25's penalty in the race for improper pitting stands after review. Although it isn't specifically in the rules, it has been mentioned enough that it should be a point of fact. It has been in past versions of the Clean Racer's Club Rules, in which a large part the NDR Sporting Code is based on.

I can't seem to find the links for this anymore (I know you sent me one) but any chance you can write out the rules for this so we don't muck it up in race?
#4 - Bean0
Quote from Mustangman759 :I can't seem to find the links for this anymore (I know you sent me one) but any chance you can write out the rules for this so we don't muck it up in race?

Quote :CRC DRIVING RULES

1. Passing: If you are passing someone on the inside while entering a corner you must have your car at least 1/2 way along side the other car to have the right of way. If you try to pass around the outside then exiting the corner you must be fully along side the other car, otherwise they are entitled to take the normal racing line, which may include pushing you wide. In the event that they do start take you wide, you should fall back behind the other car as safely as possible.

2. Incidents: If you hit another driver and gain a position advantage you must let that driver pass you before continuing to race on the track. This is especially important if you hit any driver(s) off the track and slow them down.

3. Defensive driving: The lead driver is entitled to make 1 move to maintain his/her position and 1 move to return to the normal racing line before every turn.

4. Exiting pits: When exiting pits make sure that it is clear before you enter onto the racing line. Use of the track map and the look left & right keys/buttons is recommended.

5. Re-entering track: If you go off the track in a race DO NOT reset the car or drive back onto the track. You could possibly ruin another race in progress. Again, you should use your map and look controls to see if anyone is coming. If you do re-enter the track safely but are too slow and drivers are getting closer behind you... drive off the racing line, or if necessary, pull off to the side of the track to give room.

6. Car Damage/ Fuel: If your car gets severely damaged in an incident and you want to try and make it back to the pitlane, then, drive off the racing line to let faster cars past. If you run out of fuel get off the racing line as soon as possible or pit right away. We recommend that you turn your hazard lights on to let other players know you are a caution on the track (press 9 on your keyboard. 0 to turn them off).

7. Contact: Rubbing and tapping are all parts or everyday racing, so, this is allowed as long as it doesn't harm anyone's race or gain you an advantage. Due to occasional lag, small taps may cause a major crash, so be careful!

8. Race Rules: If you are being lapped by leaders please let them pass you, when it is safe do to so ( i.e. not in the middle of a chicane ), and as quickly as possible. You should know what drivers are in front of you by seeing yellow dots on the track map. Orange dots are drivers behind you.

9. Pitting: Pitting can become dangerous if you do not pay attention. It is required that you drive in the 'pitlane' used to enter and exit the pits. Don't drive straight across every pit box, instead go to the furthest available pitbox.

10. Deliberate Corner Cutting: Deliberate Corner Cutting: Deliberate Corner cutting will not be tolerated in CRC, as it is not in real racing. Please keep to a minimum of 2 wheels on the track at all times.
In RallyX use of non-track environment is allowed as long as cutting doesn't violate the track layout.

thanks Stu that is what I was looking for.
Have fun guys, I won't sadly make it to the race day. RL stuff is a bit more important nowadays.
nooooo niko I never forget about that last lap in 2012

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG