The online racing simulator
Rather strange behavior
(37 posts, started )
Rather strange behavior
Early today I was racing at FM oval server, I racing around and everything is cool. Then I see something beside me racing, that looks similar to my team skin. When I take a closer look at skin, it actual is the team skin for [xxx].
First I laugh some, and tries with a calm tone to say that the dude has to change it... no reply I got.. hmm I thinked, and asked him 2 more times, then he suddently start calling me a n00b, and says it`s hes skin. I just laugh, because I do know whats my skin and whats not
Then I say more roughly, "NO, that is my skin! Change it now please!".
He does the same, call me n00b and says it`s hes skin. Then after 4 warnings I say, change skin, or take the consquenses. He just whent on calling me stuff and wearing the skin..
I know this was very bad driving of me, and I shouldn`t done it, but I crashed him to show him that I would not accept hes using my teams skin. Then of course he wanted to ban me, but the vote did not pass.

Everything whent as before, he used my skin..
Next race, I was leading and on last lap, then I see him in front of me, I tried to avoid him but he just crashed me, so I could not finish.. I said something like "wtf? First u steal my team skin, and calling me n00b, then u crash me".

After some more stupid behaviour from him, we kicked him.
I know, I am very sorry I crashed him, but after 5 warnings I got enough. And I also know that when u upload things to LFS WORLD, it isn`t yoor anymore. I have no big problems with ppl using my skins offline of other places, but when the actual team that own the skin ask you to change the skin I belive it would be rather normal to do it. I am not perfect myself, I have used others skins before, but if they ask me to change them I of course do it, but I never starts making shit and fooling around when someone ask me

The funniest thing is that this dude seems to hate me, I posting an image from LFS WORLD, that shows his latest message, after the kick he got..

" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />
Now replace that skin with an 'I am an idiot' skin, and upload it with the same name. Then everyone will see that instead and make him look like a moron.

I love his PM to you, it's almost as if he nearly went to school.
I think he should get his S2 licence removed. Although that's up to Victor and Scawen.

Tip : Steer well clear of oval junkies.

Great idea tristan.
well, we had such problems too, but sending an email and explain why this livery cant be used in public, solved the problem...
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
Watch out, he's going to kill you dead
The bad side of LFS getting more popular - more idiots and immature people will also come to see what the fuzz is about.
i thought altertobi got banned from lfs? he is a known wrecker

whoops i didnt read all of the 1st post
Ahh, I wrote wrong, he is banned from FM server for 24 hours.
Sorry for the missinfo, but if you see him - tell him that the only thing I wanted to say is to change his skin. I am not going to "kill him to death" lol, but please just change the team skin My good friend Furball used a lot of time on it. Feel free to use it offline, but no online plx
Sad when people steal skins, but far sadder when they argue that they created it to begin with. It's one thing to be stupid, quite another to delude your SELF.

Of course "I kill you" TYPED to someone indicates this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

"I'll kill you ! Please provide your name, address, and directions, and if you are in another country, I'll have to get my passport in order first. But rest assured, I will kill you.
I had this problem once, the guy was actually using my team skin, and it even had my name on it, and my country flag on it. took my a good half hour to tell him that he didnt made it and i asked him nicely to not wear it online. The good thing was that after that he never used it again.
But them, if the guy act the same as this guy did, i wouldnt know what i would do.
It would require a lot of money to get rid of these idiots but paying their 24 pounds back and withdrawing their licences would be a very effective way of making LFS a better online simulator.
Now that I think of it, they might not even be entitled for the 24 pounds, I remember reading somewhere that in case of foolish behaviour the developers have the right to terminate their licences.
School is finishing in three weeks and I'd like to enjoy my races...
Playing devil's advocate here, but is the skin named in such a unique way that there is no chance of anyone unintentionally giving their own skin (which for whatever reason they don't upload to lfsworld) the same name?
AFAIK LFSWorld checks for name uniqueness, so no, you can't upload a skin with the same name.
perhaps we have the worlds first LFS terrorist ! are you scared? i am
Tango

Its happened to me with an old ATC skin, some dude took it and changed the colours and decals. He refused to change it so I banned him permanently from ATC servers. My team mates didn't realise until i made this useful demo of the stolen skin. The insulting thing is that he did such a poor job.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8553/xfrrockstar3rs.gif

It happened again recently, if people refuse to change it then they get banned for stealing on ATC servers.
Hi Endy - sorry this kid upset you m8! I think all anyone can atm is to ask the person nicely to change it, and if they dont then try an ignore it. Its just life m8, your gonna get idiots everywhere. Like you said weve prolly all used someone elses skin at some point BUT im quite sure 99.9% of lfs racers would respect the skin designers request to not use it. If i see the kid ill have a kind word .

I try and think positive, and think hey it must be a nice skin if others want to use our team skin. But if this kid is just doing it to annoy us then just ignore him. These types of idiots hate being ignored - lol. The Freaks
#17 - col
If you are really worried about other people using your skin, rather than making a big deal out of it here - which won't do much good IMO, why not petition the devs to have some kind of selectable locking on skins ?

Right now skins are public, so its pretty reasonable to expect others, particularly novices to pick one they like and use it - getting all high and mighty with them seems a little OTT to me.

FWIW, I think it's kind of flattering to think that someone likes your skin best out af all the ones they've seen, so, why not create a seperate version of your(teams) skin for 'guests' - then if you see someone using your personal one, you can suggest they use the 'guest' one ?
I have ignored him, but I am not making a big case out of it

I am not going to start whining to devs about it, just wanted to post it because I thinked it was pretty funny someone could be that stupid

And Neil - I don`t care about him, lol he was going to "kill me to death", I laughed so hard of it that I almost died of getting food in the wrong "pipe" lol
Quote :Its happened to me with an old ATC skin, some dude took it and changed the colours and decals

I think that kind of thing is ok, infact i'm "guilty" of doing it myself. It's very useful to have another skin as a basis for a new one and use it as a sort of template. My own skin started out as the very beautiful Fox Martini skin, it looks nothing like the original Martini one but the basic underlaying design is from it. The colours are different the decals are different and some of the detailing has changed, but the layout of the pattern is the same.

The bad thing about stealing a skin is masquerading as another team member, or another person (I often have names off and recognise drivers by their skins), and that more than anything else is what needs to be actioned against - rather than the copying of artwork which in itself is no bad thing because if a skin is good enough to be ripped, it's probably a pretty one and i'd rather have more pretty cars in the game rather than badly rehashed skins made using the Text tool and a teenagers dictionary.
Quote from sinbad :Playing devil's advocate here, but is the skin named in such a unique way that there is no chance of anyone unintentionally giving their own skin (which for whatever reason they don't upload to lfsworld) the same name?

This is not too unlikely, actually this happened to me once.

I was using the FZR Gulf skin from resound that's somewhere here in the skins section for download.

Then there was another guy using some Gulf skin too. But the one I used and his own were absolutely unmistakable. The one from resound had the old Gulf color scheme with light blue and light orange. And the other ones had the darker colors that are used by Gulf nowadays. Furthermore the paint scheme was completely different too.

Suddenly this guy started to call me a skin thief and told me to remove the skin. Of course I asked him what was wrong since I got my skin downloaded from here and it did look very different from his own. Then he became very angry, went on accusing me and even started to insult me very hard. He didn't want to stop doing so and at some point I had enough and started to shoot back. In my eyes he was a complete moron that didn't know what he was talking about. And I was correct...

After some time I got the idea that his own skin might have the same filename as the one I was using (shit might happen even with LFSW filename-check I thought) - and that was also correct to some degree. It took me some time to convince this raging idiot to look into his LFS folders what his skin's filename was and while doing so he found out that he still had an old version of his own skin in there that really had the same filename as the one from resound.

So before bashing others everybody should at least have a look at their own LFS folders if they might have something similar left around. Sometimes the people that say that they don't use your skin, while you can clearly see it, are right...

Btw.: the idiot that wrongly accused me didn't even say sorry after all the things he called me for nothing...

And TBH I really don't get it what makes people so mad if others use their skins. I know that people try to identify themselves with their skins and this is even more the case with team-skins. But you people should really calm down about that - you make the skin available for the public yourself by uploading them and there will always be some people that like what they see and use it. If you don't want your skin to be used by others you don't have a choice but to not upload it and share it for example only inside your league or something. I mean, you're not losing any money if others use your skins...
Quote from AndroidXP :AFAIK LFSWorld checks for name uniqueness, so no, you can't upload a skin with the same name.

That's right, which is why (as I said ) it could only happen if the guy didn't upload his own skin to LFSworld.

I.e I make a nice skin with the same name as your own skin which you have uploaded to LFSworld, but I choose not to try to upload mine (I couldn't if I tried). I drive seeing my skin, LFS doesn't try to download your skin because I already have one with the same name, and everyone else downloads and sees your skin wherever I drive.
That gives me an idea, there's a few players I regularly drive with who's skins I dont like...

I just have to bump this thread, because I don`t know if this dude is just having it real fun, or just fooling himself completely, here is the latest news from our all loved one

For this we warned him, and later on we baned him, because he stared to call people losers, and so on, just stupid behaviour we did not want.
But of course...

He had to say a decent goodbye
-
(Goop) DELETED by Goop : links fixed
Ahahahahah

The sad thing is, I somehow remembered his name from somewhere. I don't know exactly what he did, probably wrecking related, but his name is associated with a bad feeling.

And his swearing is that of a typical German teenager.
He should be banned from lfs asap (account removed)..

Rather strange behavior
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG