The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well Massa's move towards him was more abrupt then Perez changing his line, he did changed it but Massa literally turned hard right into him..

Because Massa followed the track, as a normal driver would. It's easy to look back and ask him why he didn't predict on Perez changing lines in the braking zone, but why anticipate such a silly move?
Great race. Massa didn't have enough speed advantage when the other car also had DRS, so not much else he could do. Perez did an amazing job until his last braking zone - silly to move that late. Could clearly see on the live footage what he did, so no idea why people think it was Massa's fault. Rosberg the driver of the race - nursed a very sick car home quite quickly. Might use more fuel than Hamilton, but perhaps is easier on brakes (not normally an issue until they lose the energy recovery and have to survive on the under specced rear brakes.

Good job by Button to somehow leap to 4th. Ricciardo did what he could, but he won't be mega overjoyed as he didn't win totally on merit. Vettel has found some pace recently, so maybe finally getting used to the new style of driving required.

Chilton is okay as long as he's allowed to tootle around at his own pace. Ask any more of him and he becomes a liability (not just in this race).

Not sure what happened to both Lotus. Saw end result, but didn't see cause. Their car still looks evil to drive though, but nobody seems to take that into account.
btw, awesome race to attend. Canadian crowd was enthusiastic and knowledgeable, facilities were good, got to walk the whole track at the end. Would definitely come back.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :btw, awesome race to attend. Canadian crowd was enthusiastic and knowledgeable, facilities were good, got to walk the whole track at the end. Would definitely come back.

And because you weren't in Quebec City, you could speak English!
#931 - CSF

Dumb.
Quote from PMD9409 :Because Massa followed the track, as a normal driver would. It's easy to look back and ask him why he didn't predict on Perez changing lines in the braking zone, but why anticipate such a silly move?

Yeah right.
http://instagram.com/p/o_3AwKo4Q7/
And if you watch the replay you can see perez going into a racing line, just not turning completely to make a good apex, considering his brake problem he maybe moves a little bit so if he fails does not rear end Vettel.
You can see in that picture who makes the wrong move.
Quote from chanoman315 :Yeah right.
http://instagram.com/p/o_3AwKo4Q7/
And if you watch the replay you can see perez going into a racing line, just not turning completely to make a good apex, considering his brake problem he maybe moves a little bit so if he fails does not rear end Vettel.
You can see in that picture who makes the wrong move.

stop
Quote from Seb66 :stop

But why the f is he steering to the right, right before the impact, and it's a very sharp switch to the right..
Quote from Boris Lozac :But why the f is he steering to the right, right before the impact, and it's a very sharp switch to the right..

Its a picture, it could of been a split second reaction steer, either way the incident was clearly Perez's fault, regardless how much a mexican will tell you otherwise.
Look at the Vine and that slowmo video i posted, he's steering to the right with no good reason..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Look at the Vine and that slowmo video i posted, he's steering to the right with no good reason..

because its a right corner maybe?
That part of the track isn't straight it turns right.
https://vine.co/v/MD0BgJYVeam

110% perez's fault

Perez drifted off the racing line(Vettel was on the racing line perez clearly was but then drifted off it), towards the offline part where massa was, you simply can't do that, massa turned right as the track is turning right but stayed off the racing line, which Perez then drifted off towards him.

It couldn't be more clear its Perez's fault.
I would say it's more Perez's fault, but not completely his..

Needs no explanation. He also starting braking earlier... Ok, you can change your line once, but not when someone's almost alongside you. Massa could do nothing, Perez braking earlier was a surprise as well.
But Williams and Massa knew about his problems surely? Why get that close to someone who has brake issues and whatnot..
It's possible he wanted to move away from Vettels line, knowing he has bad brakes and to try not hit him and simply misjudged where Massa was?
Because you can simply pass a person under braking if they are truly having brake issues. Hard to do that though if the car is going to cut across in the braking zone and take both of you out.

@Franky: Then you'd move outside, as moving inside while "possibly hitting Vettel" means you'll probably hit him once you reach the corner.
Quote from Franky.S :It's possible he wanted to move away from Vettels line, knowing he has bad brakes and to try not hit him and simply misjudged where Massa was?

That, and Massa was too close and steering to the right, yeah maybe a twitch in a split of a second but that is too much going 290kph+
I can't find a video of Perez's onboard but he never makes a turn to the left, never, when I find it I will post it.
Quote from chanoman315 :I can't find a video of Perez's onboard but he never makes a turn to the left, never, when I find it I will post it.

Perez pretty much doesn't turn right at the right kink. Do you recognise that by keeping the steering pretty much straight in a right hand turn has the same effect as turning left on a straight?

Might be taken down soon, but have a look here. Vettel's path is very much different to Perez's.
Quote from amp88 :Perez pretty much doesn't turn right at the right kink. Do you recognise that by keeping the steering pretty much straight in a right hand turn has the same effect as turning left on a straight?

Might be taken down soon, but have a look here. Vettel's path is very much different to Perez's.

I know, but why Massa does not follow that path? He has done it before in his career, why screw it up at the last lap? He was VERY patient when he got close to the redbulls, so patient he did not even try to pass them.
Case closed for me.
(Not because im mexican and he's mexican im defending him, I still think massa made a wrong move too)

By the way
Massa:
http://instagram.com/p/pBqUxVnLeY/
Perez:
http://instagram.com/p/pBznbeuadX/
-blaming Adrian Fernandez for his penalty

Edit2: http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/0 ... -why-he-had-to-scrape-by/

Edit2: (Regarding the photo Checo posted
Sahara Force India @clubforce · 1m
We're not used to air our grievances publicly. But when others do and accuse us of playing with others' safety, we are compelled to reply.
Perez turns right. Then turns left. Steering input is tiny, as you would expect at that speed and steering ratio, but you can see it both onboard and from above.
Quote from tristancliffe :Perez turns right. Then turns left. Steering input is tiny, as you would expect at that speed and steering ratio, but you can see it both onboard and from above.

Quote from CSF :

Dumb.

Perez's 'right turn' has very little impact on his actual path through the kink. Just look at Perez's road position in the first 2 images, before contact.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG