The online racing simulator
#1 - eobet
One thing that has bothered me for YEARS: Getting rid of the camera jitter on curbs?
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who gets a mad jitter/shake of the view when you go over curbs in the game? It's really headache inducing, especially so when the game these days reaches hundreds of FPS (probably turning curbs into a epilepsy hazard even).

Now, I know you can eliminate this by turning down the 1g sliders, but that fixes the entire cockpit into a pixel perfect spot that rather kills the immersion... and so far, I've found no middle ground.

Does anyone have a solution to still have cockpit movement, while eliminating the jitter going over curbs?

I hope it's something obvious I've missed...
Turn it off entirely. Your view in a real kerb doesn't move around in the same way - your eyes and brain cancel out any effects of head movement/vibration at least up to a point (flat spotting at >140mph). Look to apex is realistic, but I find it disconnects you from the virtual car more than assists judging corners.
If you want to get rid of the jitter (or most of it), turn the '1g head tilt' off and keep some reasonable values at the 3 other sliders. That works fine for me. You can still 'feel' some G's when turning / accelerating, but when you run over a kerb, it doesn't jitter. The head tilt and vertical shift have the greatest effect on the jitter.
Quote from eobet :specially so when the game these days reaches hundreds of FPS (probably turning curbs into a epilepsy hazard even).

Best (fastest) monitors nowadays are 144Hz, so you are fine until the first epilepsy attacks are recorded xD
A low pass filter on the headshake would be realistic and help the issue, I think.
#6 - eobet
Just to put all of these in one place:

Quote from eobet :Right, and then you get this, which judging by your answer, I'm guessing you consider is completely normal and not headache inducing or heck, even epilepsy inducing?

I mean, it's difficult enough to capture in a 33fps gif, but the shaking in 100+fps is just maddening!

I don't think any other game does this high frequency shake, and I don't understand why more people haven't complained about it over the years...

It forces you to set the very setting you recommend to zero for the game to be playable! The user sinbad asked for dampening on this, and that's exactly what I'm talking about as well...

EDIT: I see now that user aaltomar also says basically exactly the same as me, and there are some users in the thread I linked who also seem to agree.

Quote from aaltomar :The problem with this is that the bump reaction is too fast in the viewport. Normally your eyes would be able to track the road smoothly even running over cobblestone but in LFS the whole worldview shakes in high frequency, very quickly leads to tired eyes (especially when using triplescreens and fairly low FOV and sitting close to monitors).

Even with the 1g head tilt set to zero the viewport reacts way too quickly to inertia changes, the dashboard will do this faster than light jump around when you hit a bigger hump and rattles around.

Compared to iRacing where the cockpit movement is much more dampened I'm enjoying driving much more. Plus the "real road" is a much more preferred solution than adding artificial shakes that have nothing to do with the driving surface.

Quote from Flame CZE :I must say I don't like that shaking either. I've had it off all the time and now when I tried a couple of laps with the head tilt turned on, it was very uncomfortable indeed.

Instead of the head tilt, I've got a bit of lateral/forward/vertical shift on and it feels much better and softer, while not being completely static.

In real life, most of the shaking is compensated/damped by our eyes' ability to "stabilize" the view on the focused point.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG