The online racing simulator
We want these buttons!
(24 posts, started )
#1 - wE1l
We want these buttons!

The steering wheel of Raikkonen's MP4-21.

From top:

+1 and +10 (green, far left and far right)
Used in conjunction with the MSG OK button (marked with a cross, right) to flick through car function menus, allowing the driver to override certain functions in the case of malfunction. The MSG OK button changes the respective menu of each of the two buttons.

PLS (yellow, with P, left)
Activates the pit-lane speed limiter when entering the pits.

PTT (red, left)
Pit radio button. Used to call the pit crew via radio communication.

DRINKS (grey, left)
Provides drinking fluid to the driver. Operates an electric pump to bring the liquid from a reservoir in the cockpit through a tube to the driver’s mouth.

TC OFF (blue, left)
Switches off the traction control. Mainly used during the formation lap to allow the driver to spin the rear wheels and generate heat in the tyres. Also used when exiting the driver’s pit position, allowing wheelspin, which deposits rubber on the tarmac, providing more grip during pit stops.

A and B (black/purple, black, left)
Used to change the traction control setting ,for hi revs and low revs. The various positions enable the driver to find the correct level of traction control interevention. The optimum level changes due to numerous variables, including the level of grip provided by the tarmac, the track temperature, the amount of rubber deposited on the track etc.

Lower left switch (with positions 2 through 8)
This presets the lowest gear for each corner, allowing the driver to change down through the gearbox quickly, without fear of selecting too low a gear.

C, D and E (black/red, black/white, black/blue, along base of wheel)
These switches adjust the car’s differential setting. These depend on various factors related to the overall set up of the car, the fuel load variation, low gear revs and high gears revs.

F (black/green, bottom right)
This button - a very important one - operates and changes the engine braking settings. As the race progresses and the car’s brakes become gradually less efficient, it is useful to be able to increase the amount of engine braking action.

G (black/yellow, right)
This button sets the rev limit for the engine - the highest revs it can reach in each gear before changing up. A higher setting allows the driver to extract more performance; a lower setting puts less stress on the engine.

H (black/orange, right)
This switch changes specific traction control and differential settings in accordance with the tyres being used - grooved, intermediate or wet - to account for the different levels of grip provided by each type.

R (red, right)
Allows the driver to select neutral and reverse gear.

OT (yellow, right)
The overtaking button. This temporarily increases the engine’s maximum rev limit when extra power is needed for a short period. When the button is released the rev limit returns to its default setting.

#2 - wE1l
The OT button is an interesting one, and I find the lower left switch button preventing drivers from downshifting too much quite funny.

Anyone can explain the price paid for an increase in engine braking?
Buttons, sod it, lets just have his wheel and with a FREX converstion kit, attach it to the DFP.

Then one ( cannot remember his name, but he's on here somewhere with his amazing cockpit ) wire the whole thing up
#4 - Vain
I definitely want the "drink" button to be implemented!
Gin-tonic, please!

Vain
Quote from Vain :I definitely want the "drink" button to be implemented!
Gin-tonic, please!

Vain

:iagree:
but I want Czech good beer to be suplied thru LFS wheel
Whats the point of this Thread? It's not even a Bmw Wheel... ^^
#7 - wE1l
Quote from GeForz :Whats the point of this Thread? It's not even a Bmw Wheel... ^^

The point is, we will race with these fancy buttons in S3. So be prepared.
#10 - wE1l
Quote from KiDCoDEa :instead of copypasting without credit, why not just link:

http://formula1.com/race/news/4419/757.html

Actually I thought about post the link directly, but then decided to do some EXTRA work to make the full contents available in the post FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
Quote from wE1l :The OT button is an interesting one

hence why i suggested a while back the 'push to pass' button
#12 - wE1l
Quote from XCNuse :hence why i suggested a while back the 'push to pass' button

Hopefully we could finally blow the engine with its help.
Quote from wE1l :The overtaking button. This temporarily increases the engine’s maximum rev limit when extra power is needed for a short period.

Did'nt they have this in Super Mario Kart ?

Perhaps we need a button to lob banana's out the back of the car, and another to fire coconuts at wreckers

[edit] Ok wise guy Kev , Koopa shells (whatever they are ?), it's been a good few yrs, and my memory's starting to.....erm.....hello :wave2: what was i saying again ?

[edit 2]http://www.mariomonsters.com/koopa/ well, you learn something every day !, terrapins, who knew !
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :One of my all-time top five I think, including LFS, DOOM, Super Mario World and... whatever other game I like. So yeah, SNES ruled.

Goldeneye. I feel sure it was Goldeneye.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Did'nt they have this in Super Mario Kart ?

The mushroom!
Quote from DEVIL 007 ::iagree:
but I want Czech good beer to be suplied thru LFS wheel

Why do you need a button when you can have.....
#18 - th84
/me wrecks kev with his green turtle shell!!

Im saving the red one for later!
You sure, that you aim good enough with the green one?
would be nice to have a good wheel.
+1
Quote from Fordman :Buttons, sod it, lets just have his wheel and with a FREX converstion kit, attach it to the DFP.

Then one ( cannot remember his name, but he's on here somewhere with his amazing cockpit ) wire the whole thing up

Are you thinking of GrandSurf? Here's his cockpit
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3544

Pretty good IMO
Quote from th84 :/me wrecks kev with his green turtle shell!!

Im saving the red one for later!

Forget the red one, the blue one cannot be escaped from, and it targets the guy in first... so I'd never have to fear it
Where's the autopilot? I really need a autopilot.
i would like a button that goes from whatever gear you're in down to second gear for the F1 car.

that would actually be useful. and they have that in real too.

speedfreak227

We want these buttons!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG