The online racing simulator
Flock - lets play a game...
(10 posts, started )
I dont know if any of you ever watched flock of birds.
They commonly play game of flocks, especially pigeons or starlings.
The game is about influence: there are leaders, heretics and followers. The point is to be in the lead of the pack because followers always take the longest run. But you can take shortcut when you make a schism but then instead of being a leader you can end up flying in opposite direction.

So here is the RACE of FLOCKS
You got an oval (or could be even city map with lots of shortcuts like in SO Sprints) where counters are put on green lines. Every time when you go thru red gate you get as many points as many cars went thru green gate at this junction in this lap.
The winner is one with biggest points sum... and the first on the finish line of course

Race dominated by one team would be boring but of course all communication (public and private) could be possible.
I think it could be funny idea on boring ovals
Attached images
Oval Flock.jpg
Wat? How? Wat? When? Who? Me?
What the flock are you talking about?
bro i need that weed 2...
Just an idea for AutoX.
I think area for Figure 8 would suffice, but of course full oval would be better.
What the flock? What is this flocking game?
Had some (AI) flocking behavior study before.

While the idea sounds fun, I don't think we'll get anywhere close to the beautiful pattern of typical flocks. It would be boring or mayhem.
So follow the leader in lfs?
Isn't that called racing
Well, not exactly while you can get more points and be in front NOT going where leader goes.
Or even when heretics go with shortcut the first becomes the last.
Or when "heresy" is blasphemy you get just few points.
Or you can be the follower but points dont make you a winner.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG