The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2013 Round 7: Race Discussion
Round 7, Clockwise Challenge.

Date: 27 July 2013
Time: Qualifying 17:30 UTC (45 Minute window) Race 18:40 UTC
Race Distance: 157 laps+3 pace laps (3 hour maximum time limit)
Car: Formula V8 (FO8)
Course: Kyoto Oval Reversed (KY1R)
Weather: Clear Day
Wind: None
I have a bad feeling,that this will be the 1st race of season to end with time limit...
Ironically it's also the first race where the Details thread is actually correct!
Actually, the time limit for this round is 3 hours :P So I still had a mistake in this round's thread
Quote from Eclipsed :I have a bad feeling,that this will be the 1st race of season to end with time limit...

Oh yeah, we wish there was enough people for that to happen.
Lol at my calc skills. Missed the race distance by some 5% of fuel. Hilarity caused by that was incredible.
Also Steven, you didn't know i was right behind you in race?
Sorry to Martin, I had to go, I had visitors that arrived after I confirmed to the race and I couldn't be an arse and ignore them
I was so glad in my first pit stop (a just drive in and out to have a stop recorded) that I added 2% fuel. I pulled into garage with 2.4%
What a race
Quote from Kid222 :Also Steven, you didn't know i was right behind you in race?

When? I never backed off on an assumption that I was safe in my position, so I'm curious as to what you mean.
Quote from steven_martin :When? I never backed off on an assumption that I was safe in my position, so I'm curious as to what you mean.

The finish. You stopped probably to let Niki overtake you and i went right behind him to take 4th off you.
I wasn't there through choice Tyres were 100% screwed, I think my last spin which made me end up where I was punctured both rear tyres.
So, after hearing my voice on the post-race interview.. maybe it's a good thing that I'm so ****ing slow all the time. I HATE the way my voice sounds when it's been recorded!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So, after hearing my voice on the post-race interview.. maybe it's a good thing that I'm so ****ing slow all the time. I HATE the way my voice sounds when it's been recorded!

Thinking the same about my voice too.
Also, there's a few golden phrases/dialogues in the stream as well. Deko asking Dominik what the most challenging part of the race is, and Dom's reply being "TURNING RIGHT!" in enthusiastic fashion. As well as this:

Quote :
Deko: "[Rony Kronpuss] stood to collect many points, will now get zero"
Dominik "Which is not a lot"

Dom is just clearly all dead inside. He's the master of cynicism.
He does sound a bit suicide-y sometimes. This race he had a bit of soul, but the South City race (rightfully so, as it was a bit dull) he sounded about 10 minutes away from just ending it right there.

I just blame it on the German in him
Quote from dawesdust_12 : he sounded about 10 minutes away from just ending it right there.

I just blame it on the German in him

Dom is what makes NDR commentary so great. He's supposed to be a colour commentator!
They made a great joke about my NDR comeback at SO City and how I was pointing the same way as I did when the incident occurred. Had a great laugh hearing that.
I laughed when they mentioned my wife.
Then mentioning Irish hyntty. Tim O'Hynenenen. Overall a good amount of interesting commentary providing how boring the actual race ends up for a solid 100 laps (damn us not being able to crash.. 103 laps of green flag racing! )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG