The online racing simulator
Quote from ChristijaNL :Congrats to the winner btw. A Rookie showing how it's done.

Thanks Ramon, too bad you had a bad experience
The problem isn't the event, or the majority. It's around 5 or so people that cause wrecks in every 500 they attend.
Quote from lamerr :You started arguing for the record, not me.
In the beginning you were really giving me a hard time, close contact rubbing and dangerously late attempt of inside passes etc, messing up the rhythm and flow when we were trying to create flow.
If You felt like you were getting a hard time, maybe it was because you gave others a hard time. Things go both ways You know.

I started arguing, yes. But I thought if you want to continue, feel free. I also could apologize for acting like an idiot after the race. It was a bit over-excessive.

The main thing is, most of the time it was either 65 or you that I had the hardest time driving. Checking the replay show that there is no communication at all between us, and you 2 trying to draft only with yourselves when I tried to help a bit.

I couldn't really understand anything about your "flow". 75% of the time you didn't have any flow. But then again, if we could've had communication it could've worked out a lot better. But then again, we didn't.
Good job Dennis, you showed how fast you were in the last practice session.
#31 - AsnL

(reference to this)
Attached images
2013Ky500.jpg
Quote from nikopdr :I started arguing, yes. But I thought if you want to continue, feel free. I also could apologize for acting like an idiot after the race. It was a bit over-excessive.

The main thing is, most of the time it was either 65 or you that I had the hardest time driving. Checking the replay show that there is no communication at all between us, and you 2 trying to draft only with yourselves when I tried to help a bit.

I couldn't really understand anything about your "flow". 75% of the time you didn't have any flow. But then again, if we could've had communication it could've worked out a lot better. But then again, we didn't.

You slowed us down a lot,your set sucked, you messed up timing etc so best thing was to "ignore" you. We had 3 car draft and it could be a lot faster if you have patience or sense how to drive. You didnt have.

Allso i saw you taking contact to my car in the last lap coming to pits, that was totaly unnecessary.

This event would be a lot more interesting if people knows how to drive. What i saw today was a lot of stupid passes and unnecesary risks which ended many good drivers race.
Quote from Jatimc :What i saw today was a lot of stupid passes and unnecesary risks

Welcome to road course drivers series!
Quote from BlueFlame :The problem isn't the event, or the majority. It's around 5 or so people that cause wrecks in every 500 they attend.

I tried not to cause wrecks. But I'm noob.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I tried not to cause wrecks. But I'm noob.

Incident that caused us to crash out was just unfortunate with LFS' netcode. And you manned up and took responsibility for not leaving enough room. But it happens. You were one of the few cars I was with the entire race that was willing to actually draft and no slam into my rear. So kudos.
Yeah, it was a bad moment of lag. I had seen similar contacts between other drivers and nothing serious happening. My (fairly high) ping, coupled with your ping, along with a poor position update packet caused mayhem.

Between any 2 other cars, that would have been maybe just a spin, but more likely just a bump and continue on.

Although that sort of incident proves why I'd never make a good racing driver. I admitted fault immediately
Quote from BlueFlame :The problem isn't the event, or the majority. It's around 5 or so people that cause wrecks in every 500 they attend.

I would tend to agree the problem is around 5 people, but it is really everyone. And yes including myself at times. Is when anytime someone get's a run on someone in a group of cars they think they have to pass so they try to force the issue. Maybe when theirs 5 laps to go then I would say yeah have a run go for it. But when your on lap 20 of 270 or whatever you might want to think about the passes you make. And when your not in the same TS channel as they people are you racing against they might not have an idea your there.

Seems like when we run the practice sessions everyone remembers the fact that they can back off when they get a run. But once it's race time its full throttle or nothing. When you are in that huge pack of cars chances are they are not going to get away. You will probably catch them the next corner when someone goes wide.

The other problem and it always has been a problem is restarts. Seems people want to jump them. Part of might be Deko being a little slow on getting the green flag in the air. But hes going to throw it once he knows the leader is going. But the other issue can be the leader trying to play games with the rest of the field by going the low line one time, high line the next, low to high to low, high to low. Telling the people in your channel your going now works good if your all in line 1st to whatever spot. But the people in the back on the field that then try to jump because they know when the leader is going just create a huge mess for everyone else.

Needless to say but all Deko can do is react to how WE are racing. If WE race like idiots he will treat us like idiots. If WE race like normal thinking people he will treat us like normal thinking people.
Quote from AsnL :That strange, i can only hear 'shhh ****ing garbolewski shhh ****ing niko shh ****ing everyone except me, im the god of kyoto 500'
Go home kid, u are drunk.

might be cuz u were drafting like a moron, breaking drafts up etc. you are a good qualifier, but you need to work on your drafting.
#40 - xyx
Quote from Raven88 :I would tend to agree the problem is around 5 people, but it is really everyone. And yes including myself at times. Is when anytime someone get's a run on someone in a group of cars they think they have to pass so they try to force the issue. Maybe when theirs 5 laps to go then I would say yeah have a run go for it. But when your on lap 20 of 270 or whatever you might want to think about the passes you make. And when your not in the same TS channel as they people are you racing against they might not have an idea your there.

Seems like when we run the practice sessions everyone remembers the fact that they can back off when they get a run. But once it's race time its full throttle or nothing. When you are in that huge pack of cars chances are they are not going to get away. You will probably catch them the next corner when someone goes wide.

The other problem and it always has been a problem is restarts. Seems people want to jump them. Part of might be Deko being a little slow on getting the green flag in the air. But hes going to throw it once he knows the leader is going. But the other issue can be the leader trying to play games with the rest of the field by going the low line one time, high line the next, low to high to low, high to low. Telling the people in your channel your going now works good if your all in line 1st to whatever spot. But the people in the back on the field that then try to jump because they know when the leader is going just create a huge mess for everyone else.

Needless to say but all Deko can do is react to how WE are racing. If WE race like idiots he will treat us like idiots. If WE race like normal thinking people he will treat us like normal thinking people.

So true!

+1 to that comment

xyx
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, it was a bad moment of lag. I had seen similar contacts between other drivers and nothing serious happening. My (fairly high) ping, coupled with your ping, along with a poor position update packet caused mayhem.

Between any 2 other cars, that would have been maybe just a spin, but more likely just a bump and continue on.

Although that sort of incident proves why I'd never make a good racing driver. I admitted fault immediately

Well, my ping is consistent and i am on a reliable net. Only saw finns and you lagging, but as is expected at such high speeds
Quote from ChristijaNL :Firstly i would like to say sorry to Deko for loosing my temper, the entire race was just agony with the level of racing and in that moment i just lost it.

I would say the problem is there are too little people interested to race the 500. In the past some drivers who u don't want to see on a day like today were shifted out. Now it's like we let anyone race to keep the numbers up.

I think this will be my last 500 i took part it, cause i don't expect it to get better in time, unless some new content might attract a lot more people back into lfs.

+1
250 is still game.
Really, the Kyoto 500 should always have a long (50+) lap green flag run, it usually manages at least one of them. There usually is the necessity for strategy to come into play at some point with the long green flag runs, but that's totally tossed away when there's a SC basically every 10 laps.

The SOURCE of the problem is the LFS draft, and the fact that the constant slingshot passing is the fastest way of it. What this causes, is drivers to think that they should always pass when they have a run. No, that's not always reasonable, or even smart. When you're in a gaggle of 4+ cars, the first 2-3 should do all the drafitng, everyone else should chill behind and wait for a chance to sneak through with a partner and break away if possible. Chaotic drafting where no one is really making any ground is FINE, as long as the risks that cause the accidents aren't being taken. When you get to 50 or less laps to go, then you start to have the NEED to look for the holes, and try to go for it.

There's never really *many* incidents that are fault-assignable (eg that merit a penalty) - but often there's just a few who are always in the source who contribute, and that's when and where the penalties would usually come.

I have a log of all the contacts made during the race, and I can split those up and post a tally of how much each driver had. I then can look at the drivers with the most, and probably associate them with most of the problems had in Saturday's run.

The fact that you all can TAKE the risks over and over without significant time loss or total loss of car, really makes it hard to get a cleaner race - you're never really burned, you just do it again because you know you can get away with it. I would almost be willing to bet money that when LFS gets a better damage model, some things will clean up, especially if it can equate to race over.

In the end, as Raven88 said, if you all act like idiots, I have no choice but to treat you like idiots. If you act like adults, I'll treat you like adults. The less you wreck, the less bad stuff you do, the less you hear my voice. And that can't be a bad thing, can it?
Quote from dekojester :The less you wreck, the less bad stuff you do, the less you hear my voice. And that can't be a bad thing, can it?

Not at all
Quote from Mustangman759 :Lap AND mpr timecode of incident (UTC time of day will suffice) 271 (post race entering pits) 3hrs 52 minutes
Car(s) involved21, 08, 17 , 98
Brief description of incident

08 enters pit lane at an excessive speed and slams into the 21,17, and the 98 entering the pitlane.

Gotta say that this was stupidly done from myself. I was pissed after I got slammed by JACK so I lost all my motivation in the race tbh, but for sure I should have not done that full-throttle wreck in the pitlane, I'm sorry about that one, was a stupid move once again. Wont happen again, next time I'll think way more early and clearly what I will do and what I wont.
Totally worth the spam.
Just a random though that came in my head while in race - somehow happened,that I met 2 of my teammates on track,so we worked together,but I didn't had the motivation to really put effort to go very fast,as we were behind a 8-10 car group,where I from straight could see the group in turn - they were all over the track,4-5 wide in 2 rows,so I got the thought: "I don't actually want to catch them!" Even it was with less than 100 laps to go and we were outside top10,I really had no motivation to join that mess ahead. Just as I said after Light's race - I pretty often got the feeling,that everyone around are fighting for current position (even if more than half of race to go),rather than try to work together and get some speed.
I still haven't checked the replay,what actually cought me out,where I was hit from side by crashed car,knocking me out of track just behind the GP track's chicane. If the tracks fences had some physics,I would have stayed on track instead of flying through fence... But then again - if the damage model would be more realistic,my car wouldn't survive that crash anyway.
How did this barrel roll guy managed to lead the race for like..10 laps or something? Why didn't you barrel roll it?
uwotm8

2013 Kyoto 500: Race Day Timetable and Race Discussion
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG