The online racing simulator
2013 Kyoto 500: Race Day Timetable and Race Discussion
Hello!

Welcome to 2013 Kyoto 500 Race day!

Here is the raceday timetable:

17:20 UTC: ALL DRIVERS in BOTH LFS server AND TeamSpeak 3 Server!
17:27 UTC: Gridding begins
17:37 UTC: Driver's Briefing (via TeamSpeak)
17:41 UTC: Pace Laps start (2 pace laps)
17:45 UTC: Green Flag (Race official scored distance 268 laps)

Weather Conditions: Cloudy Afternoon; Low Wind

TS info and Server Info will be PMed to you Friday evening.

I quite liked this Driver's Guide that Jeff Garry (SkyDiver173) made ahead of the 2009 Kyoto 500, so you can have a link to it - READ IT - it's got some useful information:

A Driver's Guide by Jeff Garry (Skydiver173)

Please remember that 268 laps is a long way, it usually takes on the order of 3h15-3h30 mins, let's not make it take too long alright?

Good luck, and see you at 17:20 UTC!
For those watching at home, I've created a twitter accout called @Kyoto500. I'm gonna live tweet interesting things during safety cars.

Also, a drinking game. Grab a bottle of your favourite booze (Mine is Fireball). Every safety car you do a shot. Hopefully the drunkeness doesn't occur.

And deko, there's a bottle of booze for you too, to join in as race director!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Also, a drinking game. Grab a bottle of your favourite booze (Mine is Fireball). Every safety car you do a shot. Hopefully the drunkeness doesn't occur.

Challenge accepted!
#5 - Bean0
Quote from Kid222 :Challenge accepted!

Now theres no stream, how will you know if there is a SC ?
I'm live tweeting!
Also Remote perhaps?
I'll be live streaming an onboard
For the record, there may now actually BE a stream - but don't expect it. I'm still debating it - it's a very small crew for certain, and I'd rather have the admin help then comms help. Sorry, but administration is more important than streaming the event.
We all just need to add to the NDR booze fund, and pray for a stream.
deko, what do u need for the stream?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :For those watching at home, I've created a twitter accout called @Kyoto500. I'm gonna live tweet interesting things during safety cars.

And deko, there's a bottle of booze for you too, to join in as race director!

Haha ill follow
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :deko, what do u need for the stream?

I just need people to actually run it - I have people that CAN but it's people who never have really LED a broadcast - leading a broadcast is a hell of a lot different than just being an analyst. I trust that the persons available can step up, but I really don't want to saddle them with the burden. But hey, I'll just extend my workload because it's not like I have anything else to do with my life other than spend it all doing these events for you all.
Well, since there is no stream, here is a track map I have made for this year:

Click image for full size.
Attached images
2013Kyoto500TrackMap.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, since there is no stream, here is a track map I have made for this year:

https://www.lfs.net/attachment/134698

Click image for full size.

Might want to make sure racers know the Pit Entry code. Remember Caution 1 during the 250? A lot forgot to know their rules. Shrug
Quote from Texpelt88 :Might want to make sure racers know the Pit Entry code. Remember Caution 1 during the 250? A lot forgot to know their rules.

We have run enough practices to know that
Quote from Texpelt88 :Might want to make sure racers know the Pit Entry code. Remember Caution 1 during the 250? A lot forgot to know their rules.

Yes, that's why I marked those two different pit entries in green and yellow colour respectively.
Why the crying about the number of cautions? There have actually been a decent space between them, as opposed to last year where the first half of the race was a caution every other lap until the last 3/4.

And this year the racing at the front has been awesome.
Firstly i would like to say sorry to Deko for loosing my temper, the entire race was just agony with the level of racing and in that moment i just lost it.

I would say the problem is there are too little people interested to race the 500. In the past some drivers who u don't want to see on a day like today were shifted out. Now it's like we let anyone race to keep the numbers up.

I think this will be my last 500 i took part it, cause i don't expect it to get better in time, unless some new content might attract a lot more people back into lfs.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why the crying about the number of cautions? There have actually been a decent space between them, as opposed to last year where the first half of the race was a caution every other lap until the last 3/4.

And this year the racing at the front has been awesome.

If you look at the time, I was concerned before the green flag waved. But, by your report, sounds like my expectations were completely wrong. Thanks Blue.
#22 - AsnL
Quote from ChristijaNL :
I think this will be my last 500 i took part it, cause i don't expect it to get better in time, unless some new content might attract a lot more people back into lfs.

^
2013 Inconsistent drivers 500. That's all I have to say.

And Benni, If you want to argue, I was trying to help you mostly during the race.

But since you and 65 cut me off 50% of the time, I found out that I can be a douchebag as well. I see you must be always correct, so I am obviously a bad driver. Seems like I am 100% at fault because of my incorrect timing and stuff.

Maybe you should look into yours as well. I was mostly drafting fine before you decided you must own the road and cut me off to the inside. You push me up a wall, that must be my fault.
Quote from nikopdr :2013 Inconsistent drivers 500. That's all I have to say.

And Benni, If you want to argue, I was trying to help you mostly during the race.

But since you and 65 cut me off 50% of the time, I found out that I can be a douchebag as well. I see you must be always correct, so I am obviously a bad driver. Seems like I am 100% at fault because of my incorrect timing and stuff.

Maybe you should look into yours as well. I was mostly drafting fine before you decided you must own the road and cut me off to the inside. You push me up a wall, that must be my fault.

You started arguing for the record, not me.
In the beginning you were really giving me a hard time, close contact rubbing and dangerously late attempt of inside passes etc, messing up the rhythm and flow when we were trying to create flow.
If You felt like you were getting a hard time, maybe it was because you gave others a hard time. Things go both ways You know.
Congrats to the winner btw. A Rookie showing how it's done.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG