The online racing simulator
#1 - Ziroh
LFS Insim changes to new LFS Patch/Version
Hiii,

Soo.. I've got an LFS_External project in Visual Studio that have some functions. Nope, its not a Cruise insim
But my question is, since I started on this project in the 0.6B version of LFS, I was wondering what changes have been done with the LFS_External to match the new LFS version? :P
Maybe a bit hard to understand what I mean, but I hope some understand

Thanks,
Ziroh
As far as I know the last one got the the version number 1.1.1.7 with the help of DarkTimes

The only missing packets are

ISP_OBH : contact car + object (collision report)
ISP_HLV : report incidents that would violate HLVC
ISP_PLC : player cars
ISP_AXM : autocross multiple objects
ISP_ACR : admin command report

I tried adding PLC myself ... But I could not make it work.
Here is the Link and the open source
https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1589388#post1589388

Maybe someone more experienced could do it and save lfs_external because Its the easiest library I came across ... not the best but still :3
#3 - Ziroh
Hi,

Ye I also like the LFS_External best
Is there any "uptodate" LFS_External project out here?
Unforunately because LFS External is closed source, it is effectively impossible to update LFS External. It is highly suggested that (if possible) you switch to InsimDotNet.
Another solution would be a InSim.NET->LFS_External wrapper. It might help resurrect LFS_External based projects which would require a complete rewrite. Something of this sort is in the works...
LFS_External has a few inherent problems (besides the lack of support for LFS 0.6B and above) which is why I really don't recommend it for any new projects.
#6 - Ziroh
After a lot of reading about the LFS External, it seems like I have to switch to Insimdotnet
Thanks guys, always good to get some advice

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG