The online racing simulator
Who owns the AA GTI Server - Very dissapointed!!
I am currently working away, so I have let my step son have a go on LFS using my account, changing the name obviously. I advised him to let the admin know, he is knew, although he knows how to control a car, he is 14. I have been watchin from my hotel room, and he said, he was new and was using his step dads account, and straight away, he got a reply, I am using my grandad's pants and got some abuse??? This is wrong, he was being honest

Where the HELL has LFS RESPECT and SPIRIT GONE I ask myself.

Everybody should be entitiled to race, not matter what location age or race!!!

Fordie
Everybody is. Everybody can start a host on LFS. I think you know that.

Or... Are you under the impression that if you join any public server you also own a bit of it?
Quote from Fordman :Where the HELL has LFS RESPECT and SPIRIT GONE I ask myself.

Demo racers of today have eaten it...
In the virtual world there are a lot of idiots these days,especially in free of charge online gaming,where everyone can join and compensate their real life problems. Just wear a thick skin and don't care about those poor souls.
Quote from cargame.nl :Everybody is. Everybody can start a host on LFS. I think you know that.

Or... Are you under the impression that if you join any public server you also own a bit of it?

What no, i don't own anything, i was merely speaking as in terms on driver respect, be it they are new, old, can race, cannot etc etc, and this coming from a MAJOR host of LFS servers, oh please

Thank you Eclipse, at least you see what I am saying. He is no wreaker, just trying it out and told the "admin" that's what he was doing.

Fordie
Quote from cargame.nl :Everybody is. Everybody can start a host on LFS. I think you know that.

did you even read ?
Fordman,

At AirAttack we try our utmost best to deliver quality racing servers to the Demo community. We apologise you had this experience on one of our servers, perhaps there was no Limad online at the time to handle the situation. We will be looking into this incident to see what has happened as this obviously isn't tolerated on our servers. If you have any more information such as replays please make a user report here: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=106
Quote from Fordman :I am currently working away, so I have let my step son have a go on LFS using my account, changing the name obviously. I advised him to let the admin know, he is knew, although he knows how to control a car, he is 14. I have been watchin from my hotel room, and he said, he was new and was using his step dads account, and straight away, he got a reply, I am using my grandad's pants and got some abuse??? This is wrong, he was being honest

Fordie

People are rebelling because VWS will be released in early 2009
#8 - Xnaes
You can be sure we try to do as well as we can but obviously we can't be online all day so, if you have any problem, please report user to our forum, and we will have a look.

We are so dissapointed and want to give you some apologises.

AA™| Xnaes
Well the link to AA's forum is displayed on the servers and a little research from your side would have revealed it anyway...instead you start shaming a team without posting a replay or the name of the culprit?....So I wonder what were your objectives when you made this post here?

To be honest, what did you expect?...it is not like you're new to LFS... I mean it goes about a 14 years old joining lfs as a beginner on a demo server, so lets not make a storm in a tea cup here...I can insure you that this is not the way we manage our servers and if one of our admins has acted in a wrong way we'll deal with it, AA's leaders are very mature ppls and I am sure they can handle this professionally!

So if you're serious about this, make your way to our forum and post a report here: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56
Hi - I manage the AA servers and any serious complaint against any racer will be looked into, but I would also ask you to consider whether going onto a public server and announcing you're a noob is not asking for trouble in a way. It's not AA's fault or LFS's that people respond with comments like that. It's the way the world is - just look on any public forum or news site that allows comments. Just look at the vitriol posted following Margaret Thatcher's death with people saying they're glad she's dead and we should all rejoice and stamp on her grave. People think they can say whatever they like online. I'm not saying that's right, it's just a fact of life. So please don't blame AA or the admins for general human behaviour. Instead, educate your son about the reality of the public internet.
"I am using my grandad's pants"
It's pretty funny, though. Even if I take into consideration the fact that it wasn't me who said it (aand I dunno who was). :P

You better have a good amount of humour if you wanna enjoy the beauties of the WORLD WIDE -web- LFS.
Quote from szaboaz :you better have a good amount of immature humour if you wanna enjoy the beauties of the world wide -web- lfs.

ftfy.
Quote from Fordman : What no, i don't own anything, i was merely speaking as in terms on driver respect,

I always get a little allergic when I see parents acting like this to their children. I hope you understand that it feeds bullying? He is 14 years old, no need to start screaming in capital letters asking the owner on a public general forum what THE HELL is going on.

It's pathetic.

Hope you don't enter the school this way too, asking for the 'owner'. Would be hilarious, making the other kids trying to force the same event to happen again.

Quote from Fordman :

And this, this is your opinion. Any host can think differently about it, because it's their host you see. So if they would like to ban 14 year olds using dads account then why not. But as far as I understand now (in between the emotional drama) it wasn't an admin saying this, but other people. Well, welcome to the real world.

Quote from meddc :... It's not AA's fault or LFS's that people respond with comments like that. It's the way the world is - just look on any public forum or news site that allows comments.

this

in a way it's a shame people aren't so civilised on the internet. but it's a given so how are we to change the world really?

out of curiosity i visited the AA forum linked above and saw how the admins handled a racism complaint. talk about a tricky situation and props for a good compromise found. it seems even in the wild west of the internet / LFS chat the smoking guns appear when people cross the line

the LFS community can be very rough, and i think that's good. we demand effort before giving respect and if i found it a hard and uninviting community on the forums especially, it made me work harder and see my flaws because i wanted that acceptance so bad. so my vote is we leave the community as is and say rough banter is accepted and expected.

you know i think we can all agree when someone thinks it funny or appropriate to say you suck because you're a niqqa or chink or whatever then the banhammer comes out, or if they decide a personal agenda to ram another off the road every time they see them... we need to protect ourselves from idiots after all. but tough love and coarse jokes.. well?
I am not getting in to a online propaganda debate on here about this, but here is "my opinon"

I apologise if the server is Demo Server, I thought it was an S2 server. I know the Demo Scene is free for all, just expected a little better from S2 License holders, but like I said above, I didn't know this was a demo Server.

I didn't come on here to point the finger, but making the "admins" of the server aware that just because he said, I am new so be gentle with me, he doesn't deserve abuse hurled at him, in my eyes he was only advising the fast guys, to be careful, there is a beginner online. He's bugged and bugged me to go online, and I know how harsh LFS can be, but personally I have never seen anything on that server,so I told him to go there, only to see that happen

What "if" other parents are looking to purchase a license for their kids, and they see this abuse, they wouldn't buy it no?

There should be a mutual respect amongst us drivers no? No matter how fast or slow we are? We are all here for the same reason....to have fun?

So anway, Mod's close this thread before it gets out of hand, as they can sometimes do on here

Cheers

Fordie
But honestly, nobody is disagreeing with you about how people ought to behave! We're just pointing out it's not realistic to expect them to and that getting high and mighty or taking it out on the server admins is no solution.

Especially, as you now realise, it was a demo server, and many of the people on demo are kids themselves and don't have the maturity. You don't find them on S2 so much simply because they can't afford it (or at least would rather spend their money on One Direction downloads).

As previously stated, you wouldn't tell your kid to go into a playground at school (which is effectively what LFS is to some of these guys) and start telling people to go easy on him because it's his first day at school. Red rag to a bull...
#17 - pipa
Quote from Fordman :What "if" other parents are looking to purchase a license for their kids, and they see this abuse, they wouldn't buy it no?

They or you can wrap their kid in a sugercoat that will protect them from every evil in this world.

Seriously when you think a bit of abuse from one idiot on the internet is a major problem and represents the whole server then i don't think the internet is right place for your child.

People don't act differently online, however since you are lacking the visual or acustic sense it is harder to find out if you dislike a certain person and avoid it.

BUT demanding actions from a whole forum that has nothing to do with it is not only lazy and rude but also pretty coward.
You could have tried to find out who the server owner was and give him some constructive criticism. Keeping in mind that server owner has no obligation to listen to your request, so try to be more polite than your post at the top.
Yet you chose to come here and blame innocent people.

Well done.
The internet is totally a safe place to let your youngster in loose.

Just wanted to use that new smily. Seems like the forum is progressing faster than the game itself.
Not defending those people because people should be polite and welcoming to newbies but it's not a perfect world and by 14 he should be mature enough to rise above a load of crap talk in a computer game without needing his dad to come online and make a fool of himself in the forum.
Quote from Fordman :
There should be a mutual respect amongst us drivers no? No matter how fast or slow we are? We are all here for the same reason....to have fun?

Ayrton Senna would have said we are all here for the same reason: to win

just sayin'

having said that, I can totally see where you're coming from. you had an expectation about LFS when presenting it to someone else, and you felt let down and cared enough to try to address it. everyone else seems to agree though, we can't police the drivers and make them be nice.
Quote from englishlord :Not defending those people because people should be polite and welcoming to newbies but it's not a perfect world and by 14 he should be mature enough to rise above a load of crap talk in a computer game without needing his dad to come online and make a fool of himself in the forum.

I concur. I was playing online games when I was 12. No issues here. :uglyhamme

IIRC, dawesdust_12 was 12 when he started playing LFS.
Quote from Forbin :I concur. I was playing online games when I was 12. No issues here. :uglyhamme

IIRC, dawesdust_12 was 12 when he started playing LFS.

I've been on the internet since I was like 9 or 10 I would have bought S1 when my LFS account was created, so 13, but I played demo basically from the original demo was released back on RSC.

Basically 10 years of my life have had LFS involved in it. and 12 years on the internet. As well about 18 of them being around and using a computer.

And I'm not an axe murderer, I don't have self esteem issues. I have a full time job. However, there was always a few good teams to hang around with throughout the years that were willing to work with children who were driving. dSRC was a lot of them, then UKCT after that (although UKCT more when I was in mid-teen years).

Heck, I remember back in the S1 demo days (I was probably 13 or so), A person (LFS Username: aussie) spending a solid 2 hours at BL1 with me in Teamspeak in a XFG.. Teaching me more about racing lines, apexes, braking... the basics that everyone should know as I drove laps. Giving me pointers on what I should do.

Telling me I was steering too much, scrubbing the tyres and losing a lot of speed. Teaching me the basics that a lot of people don't really know.

There's been a lot of positive people throughout the years that have furnished the fact that I was (way back when) a giant noob and ultimately a child.. but patient with me to not dissuade me from LFS.

Although now, that feel of community is mostly gone. Teams only care about winning, not really training which means unless you're naturally fast (or drive a lot alone to be fast), a team won't want you which kinda sucks.

Which I think is where LFS has swung away from where it was. Days of yore, people would sit in a server, banter back and forth and just.. hang out and have fun. Now, a lot of servers descend into "YOU CRASHED ME YOU TWAT" and overall negative behaviour, although I think that's become true to most of the LFS community. We've all become negative.

We always have that hope in the back of our mind of "One day, there will be a patch", but we are consistently attacking one another. The cruiser drama as of late is a really good indication of this. It becomes this vicious cycle of negativity. The cruisers might be negative, but by being equally negative.. we become no better than them.

They might be a pain by making our IRC and the forum look like a 6th grade classroom without a teacher, and they may be a nuisance but by being equally negative we don't improve the state of LFS, we worsen it. If they are enough of a nuisance, history has proven that nuisances do eventually get dealt with (myself has been an example of this at some point, along with many others).

I've rambled enough, but the key is to try to be positive. Everyone really needs that as a general lesson in LFS. So many people are negative and hold other people in contempt which pushes others away. Do we want to be viewed as a hostile community that attacks anyone that has differing views (I've been guilty of this A LOT before), or do we want to welcome people so that when new things come, the community is stronger with more people to enjoy the new things with.

TLDR: Don't worry, be happy
Just be glad we aren't still in the 80s. The internet was a lot worse then. Especially LFS.
I agree fordman most of the old skool boys have gone or race now and again i dont race with any 1 on lfs i only use just.racing server and race against the clock, i dont get no hassle that way, there is to many immature people about these days, i no there is still good racers about, like i keep saying i hope s3 brings some of them back.

Quote from Fordman :I am currently working away, so I have let my step son have a go on LFS using my account, changing the name obviously. I advised him to let the admin know, he is knew, although he knows how to control a car, he is 14. I have been watchin from my hotel room, and he said, he was new and was using his step dads account, and straight away, he got a reply, I am using my grandad's pants and got some abuse??? This is wrong, he was being honest

Fordie

-
(Foilpact) DELETED by Foilpact
Closed by request of the OP.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG