The online racing simulator
Game Of Thrones Season 3!
(119 posts, started )
A friend was telling my wife that people freaked out so much because of this last episode they were threatening to cancel their HBO.
I'll admit that episode was a pretty big shocker, but I think it was great. I get sooooo tired of predictability.
Totally agree! And from what I'v heared it's true to it's book, so if anyone rage they should rage on the one that created the story in the first place

It's a great show, mainly because of the fact that every character has good and bad sides, and there are twists and turns everywhere. This makes it all interesting and not so linear / predictable as other shows.

Altho the last episode whent totally batshit.
Yeah, it is surprisingly true to the books, and anyone knowing them was expecting the red wedding to happen at he season's finale.
why d hak bastrd left his "wife" ? fakin shit i was so happy to see them in the bed.
What the ****?!?! That killing at the end?!!? Oh my god...
I can't be the only one who doesen't watch this shit
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :I can't be the only one who doesen't watch this shit

You pretty much are.

I still wrap my head around the fact what happened last episode.
Shit? .. Have you even seen the show?
Not really, but it sounds like a bunch of lame fantasy stuff which I'm not a fan of... Maybe I should watch an episode or two though before saying it's absolute crap
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :I can't be the only one who doesen't watch this shit

I watch it for the dragons, I just fast forward through everything else.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Not really, but it sounds like a bunch of lame fantasy stuff which I'm not a fan of... Maybe I should watch an episode or two though before saying it's absolute crap

Well give it a season or two. To get the full value of the show you got to keep attention on whats going on and the characters. The powerstruggle and personal dramas that occure are more than thrilling, and there is no good or bad guys in this show. Everyone got several sides.

Without going in details, just give it some time and some episodes, I am sure you will find it enjoyable
It's not just a bunch of swordplay and tits like Spartacus, the dealings between the families is very much like mafia sort of business with lots of snide dealings etc.

Only 10 episodes a series, so you could be caught up pretty quickly too.
And Spartacus is just swordplay and tits?
Sometimes there is gay sex too, in Spartacus. There's actually not a lot cheesy kiddy "magic" in the first three seasons of GoT. The worst is probably the "birth of the blob from Lost" cameo. Mostly it's gritty, faux-medieval drama. With tits, and murder.
Spartacus is the best TV series for me, then GoT. And I like Spartacus because there's swordfighting, blood and tits.
Personally I enjoy watching GoT because it is not the typical kind of marathon of cliffhangers, predictable storytelling and uninteresting and bland characters like in most other tv series. The last episode really highlights the unpredictability and roughness of the GoT world and personally I just love it when something happens and there is never the feeling of "hero will always find a way to win". In GoT you can do everything the best you can but sometimes the mistakes are just too big to put aside or someone else does everything even better. Just because someone is central character in the story does not mean he is invincible or even immortal.

It is much better compared to the other scifi and fantasy that seems to be written mainly for kids. And I'm not talking about the tits, swearing and sex scenes (which are kinda bland anyways) but about the way characters are not just build up to be totally good or bad but each have their own reasons which make sense even if you don't like them. It is not that the characters are grey but more like real diverse humans who don't just do things just because they are this or that.
Totally agreed there Hyperactive.

If there ever was a TV show made for adults, I'd say GOT is that series. Not because the sex or brutality, but because the actual world isn't a place where bad people always lose and good people always win. It's not all black and white like so many bland hollywoody TV shows are, even the evil charecters can have some redeeming features.
But isn't that a bit of predictability by itself by now, for the main point of the show is to kill every single charachter, that "let's be different and kill everyone" has kinda become predictable by now.. if you catch me.
Don't get me wrong, love the show, but Spartacus is equally awesome, in it's own way.
Arya, *Samwell*, Jon, Jaime and Brienne probably should all be dead, but aren't.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But isn't that a bit of predictability by itself by now, for the main point of the show is to kill every single charachter, that "let's be different and kill everyone" has kinda become predictable by now.. if you catch me.
Don't get me wrong, love the show, but Spartacus is equally awesome, in it's own way.

Spartacus is based on a real story, so it has to be predictable, and GoT has more than 100 characters by the end of the 3rd book so someone has to die...
Quote from Rappa Z :OK, now I was pretty drunk while I was watching the episode, so I probably missed this. How does that certain thing that you mention in your spoiler happen twice?

Also, Was Edmure Tully killed as well?

explanation:
1st time Ned Stark died was when geoffrey chopped his head.
2nd time was now, before they all got killed, Rob's wife told him that if it was a boy, that she would like to name him Ned Stark. `` how would you like to teach little Ned Stark how to ride a horse? ``

as for Edmure, i am reading the book and he is not dead. Walder ****ing Frey keeps him hostage, and tortures him by telling him that he would kill any child that his wife brings to life.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But isn't that a bit of predictability by itself by now, for the main point of the show is to kill every single charachter, that "let's be different and kill everyone" has kinda become predictable by now.. if you catch me.

I don't think the main point of the show is to kill every single character. Not at all and I don't think it makes GoT any more predictable that sometimes even very central characters in the show can die. On the contrary the point is that none of the characters in the show are unkillable and GoT uses that in a great way to create storylines and story arcs for individual characters that show it very nicely how diverse the world is and how diverse are the destinies of all people in the world. It makes the story much more exciting and engaging to watch because in the sense the destinies of the characters are real and final.
Quote from Matrixi :Totally agreed there Hyperactive.

If there ever was a TV show made for adults, I'd say GOT is that series. Not because the sex or brutality, but because the actual world isn't a place where bad people always lose and good people always win. It's not all black and white like so many bland hollywoody TV shows are, even the evil charecters can have some redeeming features.

There are several shows that are more adult—The Wire is probably the one I'd immediately think of—but yeah, for a "genre" show this is significantly more adult than most. BSG is another one that does pretty well handling morally grey characters and heavy themes.

Game Of Thrones Season 3!
(119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG