The online racing simulator
Kickstarter for new content (tracks and cars) - An Idea
Would it be a bad idea?

I for one would be willing to pay handsomely for some new cars and most importantly various tracks. A content pack, you could say.

And that is, to be added on top of S2 and work immediately with our *current* physics. Which is quite good enough at the moment and have been for the past several years...

Am I alone in this willingness?

Content, or at least fictional content (i.e- not licensed/real cars or tracks), shouldn't be more than a matter of paid work for Eric or a 3rd party? Or am I too naive in thinking on those terms?

I know, I also think that the devs are pretty against this kind of thing, from what I could experience here on these last 6-7 years.

But, with kickstarter, the devs could just assign a sum of money and we then would shoot for it. Reaching it, we get the content we so very badly crave for our simulator.

Not reaching it, the money won't be charged from the backers and so, no harm done.

Thoughts?
From what I've read here in the past from the devs, the delays in the development have nothing do to with a lack of funding.

It is more about the craving to simulate the tyre physics correctly down to the subatomic level, or something like that
My point of view:

I'm not going to waste money on something that i won't see for next few years, on content that does not exist - it's freezing money i could use way better.
Once they release some track or car ( S3 ) i will be pleased to give them my money.
Quote from Test Driver :From what I've read here in the past from the devs, the delays in the development have nothing do to with a lack of funding.

It is more about the craving to simulate the tyre physics correctly down to the subatomic level, or something like that

Rofl
Well as stated, money has nothing to do with it actually. So even if it's a, well under normal circumstances a good idea it would not work with LFS.
Quote from Meanie :Thoughts?

I'll bet there are tracks and combos that you haven't even tried yet.
they cant even keep the master server up for a whole 24hours nevermind introducing new content.
I seem to remember reading a post from Scawen saying that he was mad about hackers because he was working on tools for Eric.

Based on what I've seen in the past, writing a something small could lead to cool additions. Look at the autocross editor for instance. An infamous example is the new physics.

I figure that if the devs manage their money well, they should still be quite comfortable.

It'd be cool if someone did a real-deal documentary about LFS when it's development is wrapping up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG