The online racing simulator
Server's suggested car setup
(15 posts, started )
Just thought of this while online, and well I don't think it would be very hard to use or understand. Basically, you know how people come online and ask for setups... well what if you could minimize that and have an option where the server could give a player a suggested setup (from the admin).

So basically, say if you were on Blackwood GP with the GTi, there would be all kinds of setups being passed around. But if an admin could upload setups to the dedicated server's /settings folder... when a user presses 'N' to bring up the connections list, there would always be a green 'S' button you could click on to get the server's recommended setup.

This would be a very useful addition, and save a lot of trouble for people trying to get a setup. The admin would just upload setups specific to each and every car, and possibly for any particular track. And whenever a player joins the server, and pit out with whatever car they want to use, there would be a message saying "host sent you a setup" (or whatever hostname is). Something like that... or not saying anything at all. The list would just have the "S" button lit-up all the time, and any noobs could benefit from this feature I think.

Would require some thought how the setups would be linked per track config, but I think this would be nice (Would maybe be something like the allowed tracks list to organize setup and track combos). Because a lot of people seem to ask and struggle with setups... or at least getting a good setup. So servers could give users a choice by retrieving a setup from another racer or by the host itself . This would help on an Oval server too for instance.

In general, as long as the server has supplied a setup, a user can get it from the server at anytime. Maybe even any Admin could "SS" the host to update the setup for a specific car and track they are currently using. That would be nice and easy

Attached images
server_ss.jpg
Nice idea. I like it, and would like to see it used.

What if we had a sugested setup site, (ether on lfs world or not) that you can use as a defult setup, so even if the server admin dosent suggest one, or even have on, there will/is one avalable.
Quote from SID135 :Nice idea. I like it, and would like to see it used.

What if we had a sugested setup site, (ether on lfs world or not) that you can use as a defult setup, so even if the server admin dosent suggest one, or even have on, there will/is one avalable.

Yeah I was thinking about that too... maybe LFSW can hold some setups which are world record setups or something. But still, LFS comes with setups already (maybe not good ones)... but I see what you mean.

Still I think the server having control of supplying a good and up-to-date setup for everyone to use is a useful option.
Oh I agree with the server option is great, i just think the setups on lfsw could be used as backups. Perhapse servers can be voted by how good they are, or somthing. Not sure yet... let me stew for a bit, i'll come back... =)
Great idea.
I would also like to see the server being able to FORCE the setup. That would be awesome! Scawen? Can we? Please? With sugar on top?
Great idea Tweaker.
A nice idea.
#9 - XsX!
yeah, very cool idea.
Best suggestion I've seen posted in a long time Tweak
Quote from lurcho :Why don't you just goto
http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

a) They don't always have a setup for a car/track combo.

b) It's not always convienient.
I would welcome the ability to make a setup available from our host, with an option to "force", for those fixed setup events.
Good Idea Tweak, this one should be pushed.
*pushes*

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG