The online racing simulator
How to survive a 10 hour flight?
(123 posts, started )
Lol :P

I've seen some pics of the wheel, allot of suspension parts where still on it. Was hard!

But I rarely happens in oval racing that a wheel jumps over the fence. But the things is, it also happened at the weakest part of the fence, in one of the entrance doors. If it's been a few meters sooner or later, nothing would've happened. And we were damn lucky, that there weren't allot of spectators on the front rows. There would've been allot more injuries if there were.
God damn, i feel shiiiiit. My stomach is kinda fooked thanks to the food in the airplane, i've got a bad cold thanks to the airplane and i've got jetlag coming up soon so.... Happy days

But it was really cool, will be going back to the US next year. Just going to see what i want to do. Want to see a round of Formula Drift also so maybe check that out. NYC looks cool to visit too.. We will see
What did you think of the Daytona 500?

Hope you had a good time here
I really liked it. I also like the whole atmosphere and show around it. Nothing like you would ever see over here in Europe. But I think for me, once is enough. It's one of those things i've wanted to see in my life and I did

These 12 days have been mainly around motorsports on the occasion of 2-3 days of doing other stuff. So I'm a bit tired now of getting up early and going to sleep pretty late.

I'm also impressed by how well everything works at the track. Everything is recovered so fast when there's an accident. It's unreal. When you look back when Montoya crashed into the jetdryer, they fixed the pavement that evening and finished the race. Here it would be end of the day.

I also like the way allot of things are in the US. Free water when dining, free refills and the people who work at the restaurants are much nicer and caring then here. So many things that we could learn from the US, but some things are a bit complicated also

Definitely changed my view and opinion about the US 200%!
Off topic, but I have to ask. Did you tip at restaurants?
Yes
But there were a some where the tip allready was included.
I hate it when they force you to give them tip.

I understand that ( here in canadia at least ) they are paid less than minimum wage because they have tips, but if you dont work that ass and give me a good service, i wont give you anything. Dont look at me like im a cheap bastard, i am a student, you expect my pockets to be full of gold?
Yeah, but that's my whole point. Everytime time again we've had great service. We had some one with lactose intolerance and they made sure the meal was without anything the person couldn't eat. I didn't mind paying extra for being treated well
Quote from el pibe :I hate it when they force you to give them tip.

I understand that ( here in canadia at least ) they are paid less than minimum wage because they have tips, but if you dont work that ass and give me a good service, i wont give you anything. Dont look at me like im a cheap bastard, i am a student, you expect my pockets to be full of gold?

I agree with your tipping statement there. I would do the same
Don't ****ing go out to eat if you can't afford to tip.
Yep, take another 10h flight and eat at home - problem solved.
Quote from 4d01f :Yep, take another 10h flight and eat at home - problem solved.

Wasn't talking to Scrabby.
Yeah
Enough KFC's, Mcdonalds or BK's to go where you can eat for less without tip
Well, taking it out automatically I don't like. If the waiter or waitress doesn't deserve it I'd like to have the option to give less or given none rather than 15% no matter what

When we went to the race in Dover we stayed on the beach and there was a Pizza Hut. We waited forver to be served, and then we waited 30 min to have our order taken after we were taken to our seat. We didn't give a tip that day. If it was automatically taken out we would have been ticked...

That's the only reason why I don't like it being taken out automatically. Otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.
no olive garden?
Only time I've ever seen restaurants apply a tip automatically is with large parties (usually 6-8 or more).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Don't ****ing go out to eat if you can't afford to tip.

It's a culture thing - in the UK it doesn't really happen (or at least, when it does it's normally an Americanism!)

No-one tips a mechanic for slaving away on their car, or a heating engineer for fixing their boiler in the freezing cold, or the AA for fixing their car at the side of the road, or even the chef for cooking their food... just for the person bringing it out.

I also appreciate that in the US service industry staff "need" a tip to survive (or at least so I've been told) due to their minimum wage - but in the UK it's not the same situation.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Only time I've ever seen restaurants apply a tip automatically is with large parties (usually 6-8 or more).

Quite a few restaurants in the UK to this. Incredibly annoying (for me) especially as it "forces" people to tip (do you really want to appear cheap in front of your date, even if the service was average at best?). I refuse to tip in such restaurants out of principals.

I do occasionally tip, but the service has to be actually outstanding - not someone merely doing their job (just as I would for someone in any other role!).
Quote from Jakg :It's a culture thing - in the UK it doesn't really happen (or at least, when it does it's normally an Americanism!)

No-one tips a mechanic for slaving away on their car, or a heating engineer for fixing their boiler in the freezing cold, or the AA for fixing their car at the side of the road, or even the chef for cooking their food... just for the person bringing it out.

I also appreciate that in the US service industry staff "need" a tip to survive (or at least so I've been told) due to their minimum wage - but in the UK it's not the same situation.

Quite a few restaurants in the UK to this. Incredibly annoying (for me) especially as it "forces" people to tip (do you really want to appear cheap in front of your date, even if the service was average at best?). I refuse to tip in such restaurants out of principals.

I do occasionally tip, but the service has to be actually outstanding - not someone merely doing their job (just as I would for someone in any other role!).

I know about the cultural/economic differences between countries re: tipping.

I was responding to el pibe (mostly, but also Kingsbury) re: "Dont look at me like im a cheap bastard, i am a student, you expect my pockets to be full of gold?"

Tipping in the US/Canada is more or less a part of the social contract. It's expected (for the reasons you explained), and if you can't afford to go out and eat when a reasonable tip is factored into your bill, you should stay home or go to a fast-food joint. If you eat at a proper restaurant and don't tip, you'd better have a damn good reason. End of story.

Anyway, here i was enjoying some time at Bubba Gump!
(i'm in the middle fyi)
Probably the best restaurant chain based on a 90s movie.
Yeah, food is good, service is good. And i got myself a license plate to put on the driftcar haha
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Don't ****ing go out to eat if you can't afford to tip.

I always tip unless the waiter is well... terrible... I dont eat out much tho
the only time i didnt tip when i waited 45 minutes for someone to even pick up the order. than wait an other hour for the food. and that was my favorite restaurant

How to survive a 10 hour flight?
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG