The online racing simulator
How to survive a 10 hour flight?
(123 posts, started )
Racer, that made my day.

I just never sleep the night before, then sleep on the plane. Most of the time I am only able to sleep 50% of the time though, as I'm not too good at sleeping in moving vehicles myself.
Quote from The Very End :When that happens I just want to shuffle those ****ing kids down the airplane toilet and hope they get the worst possible death ever.
I think bringing noicy kids with you on a bus, train, plane or any place which is not home should lead to instant death penality for the whole family tree.

My advice to all men who's partners are getting broody, both of you look after an under 3 for the weekend, and feed them coke, chocolate, V, anything to make them, a: obnoxious, and b: projectile vomit.
It'll give you at least six months peace and quiet from ' Wouldn't it be great to have kids'

Granddads advice.
Quote from racer x nz :my advice to all men who's partners are getting broody, both of you look after an under 3 for the weekend, and feed them coke, chocolate, v, anything to make them, a: Obnoxious, and b: Projectile vomit.
It'll give you at least six months peace and quiet from ' wouldn't it be great to have kids'

granddads advice.

:d
Man, you should have your own TV show. Would be hilarious!
10 hour flights normally have their own movies, and they are usually 'not bad'..

But make sure to bring some relaxing music so that you can catch some Zzz, also this will help the travel lag

Have a safe trip!
Quote from Scrabby :Man, you should have your own TV show. Would be hilarious!

Please no... it would be filled with conspiracy theory shit...

Back on topic: I hate long flights with passion... the best is if you have a row of seats for yourself (had this luck one time), then you can actually sleep comfortably. I highly advise to buy one of those "around your neck" pillow things.
I will take my ipod with me and put some music on it

I'm also considering if I have enough money left, to buy an Ipad 2 at best buy. They come around 300€ now for the 16GB version.
[QUOTE=jibber;1779727]Please no... it would be filled with conspiracy theory shit...

LOLZ

Y when u have young kids ?

But I've often felt that I'd be awesome with my own show.....

Lol do I need kickstart or my own funding ?
Quote from Racer X NZ :
LOLZ

Y when u have young kids ?

But I've often felt that I'd be awesome with my own show.....

Lol do I need kickstart or my own funding ?

Well, I guess all you need is a webcam and a bunch of pot, based on your forum posts.
Haha

Just checked-in online, need to pack a few more things when I get home from work and tomorrow morning at 5.45h we leave to the airport. Flight goes at 11.40h.
Will take camera bag and laptop onboard with me. So will download some movies and music
Quote from Scrabby :tomorrow morning at 5.45h we leave to the airport. Flight goes at 11.40h.

Is it such a long way to the airport?
No, but everyone is going to be there around 7.00h. They said we need to be there that early
You have to be there 2-3h in advance.
And everything goes very slow here in Belgium, so it's really needed to be on time
Quote from Scrabby :So, this thursday I'm leaving to the US of A. I have 2 flights. One long one from Brussels Airport to Atlanta and one short one from Atlanta to Orlando. From Orlando to Daytona Beach we drive.

What is the best way to keep myself entertained during the 10h flight to Altanta? It's my first time ever flying, I'm not feared of flying but rather feared of being bored to death. And I can't sleep in moving vehicles etc..

I allready have my camerabag etc.. as handluggage so can't take my laptop in the plane.

On the short flight (1-2h) I have my "gf" sitting next to me so that won't be boring.

Any helps?

Well, I'd take tonight to get used to the US time zone if you could to avoid jet lag. Go to bed 6 hours late (2 AM your time) if you can and then wake up just before you leave at 7AM (GMT +1 going to GMT -5). Then if you're tired still just sleep on the flight when possible (great way to pass the time ). I've never flown, but I have taken 13 hour road trips before to Daytona Beach

Orlando to Daytona should take just a little over an hour if my memory serves correct . Don't get away from the Airport in Atlanta though. Where the airport is located is crime heavy I recall (It's not the good part of town really). The airport its self though seems nice, so no worries (I've only ever drove past there though)

What all will you be doing in Daytona? Saturday night's race should only have around 100,000 at it, so it shouldn't be all that busy compared to next weekend. .

Happy travels, and I hope you enjoy your stay in the United States
Thanks for the info!

We'll be watching all races, qualifiers etc... We will be going to Volusia speedway for some World Of Outlaws. Think we'll go to the beach parade too. With the old beachracers etc
Rest is just relaxing, bit of shopping...
Just ask them if they could show the 9/11 documentary or the movie made out of it.

Or go to the toilet, fap, repeat for x times

I could say the best bet is to have your phone/tablet full of some race footage, or similar, maybe your favourite TV show. Like MLP. There's no-one that can not like it.
no niko, MLP is not liked by everyone.
I fap to MLP, so I can't "just watch" it.
Quote from Scrabby :No, but everyone is going to be there around 7.00h. They said we need to be there that early
You have to be there 2-3h in advance.
And everything goes very slow here in Belgium, so it's really needed to be on time

I guess if it's your first time flying and at airports its good to be there early.
However, i was flying from Switzerland, Thailand, Mexico, Austria, Czech Republic, Spain, Qatar, The netherlands, UK, etc... many times. It was always plenty of time left waiting around when i was there two hours early. It can get hectic if you arrive only one hour prior to take off... but usually even that is enough (i never missed or delayed a flight).

Have a safe trip!
I think it's safe to say, no, you won't survive a 10 hour flight trip, your ****ed - big time.
Quote from Scrabby :I fap to MLP, so I can't "just watch" it.

That's what you need the bloody blanket for! Pay attention.
Fap in the bathroom till you are raw. It is quite a feeling with all those people within a few feet.
I would meet up with you in Atlanta depending on what time but you probably don't have a lot of time between flights.
Quote from CheerioDM :I would meet up with you in Atlanta depending on what time but you probably don't have a lot of time between flights, and fap you in the bathroom till you are raw. It is quite a feeling with all those people within a few feet.

ftfy?

How to survive a 10 hour flight?
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG