The online racing simulator
How to survive a 10 hour flight?
(123 posts, started )
So, this thursday I'm leaving to the US of A. I have 2 flights. One long one from Brussels Airport to Atlanta and one short one from Atlanta to Orlando. From Orlando to Daytona Beach we drive.

What is the best way to keep myself entertained during the 10h flight to Altanta? It's my first time ever flying, I'm not feared of flying but rather feared of being bored to death. And I can't sleep in moving vehicles etc..

I allready have my camerabag etc.. as handluggage so can't take my laptop in the plane.

On the short flight (1-2h) I have my "gf" sitting next to me so that won't be boring.

Any helps?
The cabin crew usually hands out blankets if you want one. You can fap underneath it.

Also, grab a tablet / smartphone and watch a movie of your choice.
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO
#3 - Bean0
Read a book, or some books.
*Sighs*
Should've expected that! And no, I'm not going to enter the Mile High Club either.

And I'm not really fussed about watching a movie on my Samsung Galaxy S plus . I either don't have a tablet (yet). They show movies in the plane, like on ye old bustrips?
Well, on my 6h flight I was watching Family Guy episodes, then read some boring newspapers. I would grab some car magazines to keep myself entertained.
#7 - Bean0
Quote from Scrabby :*Sighs*
Should've expected that! And no, I'm not going to enter the Mile High Club either.

And I'm not really fussed about watching a movie on my Samsung Galaxy S plus . I either don't have a tablet (yet). They show movies in the plane, like on ye old bustrips?

nah you get your own lil screen, and tons of movies, series, musicals, football games etc. to choose from. Singapore Airlines even had some A1GP and Super GT races to watch when I flew with them (~12 hours).

Better bring you own good headphones and try to get some sort of adapter to connect them to the inflight system, the headphones they hand out are pretty much shit. They sell those adapters in the airports I guess.

And nothing wrong with books. They don't need batteries.
Quote from Scrabby :*Sighs*

And I'm not really fussed about watching a movie on my Samsung Galaxy S plus .

I've been watching movies on a Galaxy Gio (3,2") just fine Galaxy S is big enough to watch movies, why not?

And a book is a good choice too
Quote from ACCAkut :nah you get your own lil screen, and tons of movies, series, musicals, football games etc. to choose from. Singapore Airlines even had some A1GP and Super GT races to watch when I flew with them (~12 hours).

Better bring you own good headphones and try to get some sort of adapter to connect them to the inflight system, the headphones they hand out are pretty much shit. They sell those adapters in the airports I guess.

And nothing wrong with books. They don't need batteries.

Ah sweet, then it will be allright

Books are okay, but I can't read for that long. My eyes start to hurt then
but remember that you need that "stash" of entertainment for the flight back home aswell. When I went to Australia for three weeks we were rather surprised to find the same movies and stuff on the system on the way back (not that I needed it, slept for 8 hour straight, no idea how I managed that in economy class (I'm 2m/6ft tall))
I'm so damn fortunate to be able to pass out in any chair I sit down in. Last time I got in a plane I was asleep before we were out of the gate.

Books, man. Get that blanket from the cabin crew and pop open whichever 50 Shades book you left off on.
Quote from Scrabby :So, this thursday I'm leaving to the US of A. I have 2 flights. One long one from Brussels Airport to Atlanta and one short one from Atlanta to Orlando. From Orlando to Daytona Beach we drive.

What is the best way to keep myself entertained during the 10h flight to Altanta? It's my first time ever flying, I'm not feared of flying but rather feared of being bored to death. And I can't sleep in moving vehicles etc..

I allready have my camerabag etc.. as handluggage so can't take my laptop in the plane.

On the short flight (1-2h) I have my "gf" sitting next to me so that won't be boring.

Any helps?

At fifteen minute intervals, get up from your seat, walk towards a randomly selected passenger (idealy someone who's asleep), poke them on the shoulder until you get their attention and gently ask them if they've seen your pet lizard, because you're 99% sure it ran in their direction.

Go back to your seat, lather, rinse, repeat.
Quote from Scrabby :So, this thursday I'm leaving to the US of A. I have 2 flights. One long one from Brussels Airport to Atlanta and one short one from Atlanta to Orlando. From Orlando to Daytona Beach we drive.

Any helps?

Most trans-continental flights have a selection of current and classic movies available on the in-flight entertainment system for free. You'll probably spend half of your time watching those, half sleeping (and a little eating). Don't worry, it'll be over sooner than you think.

I just did a 12hr flight to/from Japan and it was totally fine.

And yeah, bring a book or two in case you're not in the mood for a movie.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Most trans-continental flights have a selection of current and classic movies available on the in-flight entertainment system for free. You'll probably spend half of your time watching those, half sleeping (and a little eating). Don't worry, it'll be over sooner than you think.

I just did a 12hr flight to/from Japan and it was totally fine.

Would you say it was even a bit shorter than expected?
Haha, I think she reads that book... As said, i can't read for longer times due my eyes.
But i'll keep myself entertained.
On whatever airline you're flying with's website (I'm guessing Delta?) they'll probably give you a list of the films they're showing at the moment
Hmm ok, never really looked that far!

Thanks
10 hours? I'd get through a couple of paperback novels in that time. I love reading (but not quite comfortable with 'digital' books yet... Tablets/Phones/Kindles are still a bit crap for reading on).
The seats in front of you will probally have a TV with a range of series and movies to watch. But you gotta bring with you a good headset / earplugs! Try the Koss ones or what they are called, they are great at filtering out the other noise around you.
I do 10 hour flights all the time to Brazil. On the airline I usually go on (Air Canada), there's screens at the back of every seat, and they have a 3.5" jack for you to plug your headset in if you have a better pair than the cheap ones they usually provide, Before they renovated the planes, they had the annoying double jack, and screens were in the halls. I actually stashed a lot of movies on my crappy little netbook once back then. I was fortunate to have an outlet next to me.
Make sure you get a seat next to a family with young children, what with colic, grizzling, 'are we there yet', vomiting and explosive diarrhea you won't have a bored moment.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Make sure you get a seat next to a family with young children, what with colic, grizzling, 'are we there yet', vomiting and explosive diarrhea you won't have a bored moment.

When that happens I just want to shuffle those ****ing kids down the airplane toilet and hope they get the worst possible death ever.
I think bringing noicy kids with you on a bus, train, plane or any place which is not home should lead to instant death penality for the whole family tree.

(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG