The online racing simulator
so strange cheating going on in hotlaps
i have just found a hotlap on SO sprint 1 rev with the uf1000 with some strange timeing issues
Attached files
QTPTN_SO2R_UF1_100080.spr - 27.1 KB - 294 views
Okay, I guess that'll be fixed as soon as possible. (The next patch or small update)

For anyone that doesn't like to watch the whole replay:

This guy is starting his lap, than does a u-turn an drives into the wrong direction, for about 35-40 seconds (don't know if he is crossing an checkpoint or not, but I think there was a split time) does a u-turn again an drives into finish an gets a valid hotlap.

Guess in the next patch (or update) the lap will be invalid when you drive the wrong direction for about 5-10 seconds
I haven't watched the replay yet, but I've thinking today about something.
I've been on a server about 5 times in the last two weeks where a certain person who has numerous wr's showed up, and each time was one of the slowest cars in the race.

Kind of peculiar that this thread showed up now ( from my perspective).
#4 - ORION
ROFL
He might get a ban for this, though, as its against the rules. Its simply unfair and lame bug using. Still very funny though

Guess how he found out how to do this? -> he drove in the wrong way on a server... maybe
#5 - Phlos
Seems to work on all tracks and cars...awesome bug !

EDIT : Hmm no, it doesn't work on all tracks (for example Blackwood).
No such thing as an awesome bug - unless it's the kind of bug that makes Famke Janssen run out of your pitbox and start doing a naked happy dance on the grid with your name painted on her ... somewhere :banana:
Quote from Phlos :
EDIT : Hmm no, it doesn't work on all tracks (for example Blackwood).

Actually I think the bug does work on all tracks, but it's only usable on those tracks where the 1st split takes (noticeably) more time than the rest of the lap. Just observe what he did: he first crossed finish, went back till 1st split to get it, and then back to finish. He drove two 2nd sectors + some overhead vs 1st + 2nd.
#8 - Phlos
Quote from AutoPilot :Actually I think the bug does work on all tracks, but it's only usable on those tracks where the 1st split takes (noticeably) more time than the rest of the lap. Just observe what he did: he first crossed finish, went back till 1st split to get it, and then back to finish. He drove two 2nd sectors + some overhead vs 1st + 2nd.

So it doesn't work on all tracks illepall

#9 - Mauni
Quote from Phlos :So it doesn't work on all tracks illepall

Technically it does work on all tracks, just that you don't gain advance on tracks like blackwood
What a cheap exploit. I hope it will be fixed soon even though I'm not a hotlapper. *Runs hiding in bushes.*
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
there is xfg hybrids bug to fix too :bandit:
I only think this works on tracks with 1 split, as someone already said. If you have 2 splits, chances are the track is too big to even do this, and you'd have to drive throught the 2nd, and then the 1st split. So a 1 split track is only possible as far as I know.

Kind of silly that nobody has ever thought of this until now. Hope it gets fixed.
The driver uploaded the hotlap just to show that bug he found by accident.

So no more flaming please (he got enough in our forums ) I hope Scawen sees the thread and takes note of it (the bug)

BTW driving backwards in hotlap mode is a common practice to warm up tyres. I think hotlaps should start with pre-warmed tyres.
Quote from Eldanor :
BTW driving backwards in hotlap mode is a common practice to warm up tyres. I think hotlaps should start with pre-warmed tyres.

However I think tyres should be either warmed by driving 1 or 2 laps into the right direction for the road cars or should be pre heated (adjustable) for the GTR, Formula Cars and the MRT5
Lol.

I think it's good that someone finds out these bugs - one more thing to fix for Scawen to get even closer to having one of the least buggy software products out there. I dunno what that guy was thinking, though, as any cheating or bug abuse in hotlaps will get him banned from ever uploading hotlaps again.
Quote from ORION :ROFL
He might get a ban for this, though, as its against the rules. Its simply unfair and lame bug using. Still very funny though

Guess how he found out how to do this? -> he drove in the wrong way on a server... maybe

I think that victor ban those people from the hotlap charts...
so they never can post any hotlaps....
Quote :The driver uploaded the hotlap just to show that bug he found by accident.

I only wrecked in that race to show that it was possible...

Surely the act of uploading pretty much invalidates that very poor excuse?
Quote from Becky Rose :I only wrecked in that race to show that it was possible...

Surely the act of uploading pretty much invalidates that very poor excuse?

Yeah, you are the king of analogies...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
He Cheats - He gets banned - Simple, huh?

Seriously.....if he only wanted to show that this was possible he should have send an Email or posted it on the forum.....

CU, Sebastian
This is unbearable! Ban forever, take away the license and burn his PC!!!
Quote from afastest :This is unbearable! Ban forever, take away the license and burn his PC!!!

j/k, despicable behaviour!
Quote from afastest :This is unbearable! Ban forever, take away the license and burn his PC!!!

Yeah LOL, kill him and show his head in the main site

DasBoese: There are other LFS forums you know...
But this is the official LFS forum, you know?

I don't think he will get banned from the forums, just banned from uploading hotlaps. If he really only wanted to "show" than an email would've been appropriate.
-
(ORION) DELETED by ORION
this is not hes fault
Ok, I give up LOL
I've got the point... so one of the moderators pls delete the "Bugs - Tracks" thread, coz we gonna post the bugs to lfsw by hotlapping,thx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG