The online racing simulator
GT1WS 2013 Round 2: Race Discussion

Round 2 of the 2013 GT1 World Series, the 3 Hours of Fern Bay Gold.

Please find attached an official circuit diagram. Please use the indicated sectors of track when you are filing protests, or other reports to officials. The administration will use those sector names to indicate incident conditions.

Also: Please indicate your interest for a test race prior to this round, either on Wednesday or Thursday, a 1 hour race or 2 hour race, likely starting at 19:00 UTC either day.

We will be on SimRace.tv Stream 3 for this round, so feel free to start sharing that information already.

Discuss!
Attached images
FE3.png
Some LLM drivers should show up for a test race
I'll try to attend
i cant wait! and i can show for a test race
I'm in..
Votes for random grid [1/20]
I'll be there practising my rolls.
Me too i'm in for a test race!!
#8 - Emyn
I'm up for a test race, 1 hour race would be enough IMO.
Seems like we have to drop this one :sadbanana
It seems like I am heading to Valencia this weekend, to do some IRL testing for next year.

Good luck all!
TEST RACE THURSDAY, 13 DECEMBER 2012

Qualifying: 18:45 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:10 UTC (1 hour, rolling start behind SC, double file)

Server will remain unpassworded until race start; please be in league format - only those who are in league format and known to a team will be allowed to race.
i might join aswell
Just reminding that until test race qualification is ~55 minutes. Join.
Testrace Server Password: gt1t3st
In the event we're not able to access the email account that we emailed our team roster in, what should we do to update our roster? Didn't see anything in the application thread
GL in race guys, and please slow down in the chicane !
Quote from Mustangman759 :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 10.11.11 MPR time
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 6 CS-10/11 Turn 11
Your Car Number 67
Other Car(s) Involved 03
Brief Description of Incident:

inex plz use breaks

Sorry, you started braking way earlier than I expected (even the inside car brakes later and makes it without problems)
And it got a bit worse since you didnt turn in
Quote from Robendo :Sorry, you started braking way earlier than I expected (even the inside car brakes later and makes it without problems)
And it got a bit worse since you didnt turn in

admins will make it fair if they see fit, (of course excluding me)
Quote from Franky.S :Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -3:02:23
Lap and Location of Incident 2 Turn 2 chicane
Your Car Number: 73
Other Car(s) Involved: 10
Brief Description of Incident

goes off track onto grass and instead of lifting off or rejoining safely just throws his car back onto the track taking out #73 and causing contact with #02 also.

My apologies, but I had no where to go. The chicane is not a bus stop, especially in gt1. Also I couldn't lift on the grass, because car would loose momentum, and it would be even more unstable. And going out with 100kph in a 200kph corner wouldn't be the best thing. Me and James had a contact which pointed me to the rear of your car.
Quote from krkriv :My apologies, but I had no where to go. The chicane is not a bus stop, especially in gt1. Also I couldn't lift on the grass, because car would loose momentum, and it would be even more unstable. And going out with 100kph in a 200kph corner wouldn't be the best thing. Me and James had a contact which pointed me to the rear of your car.

but, you didnt have to launch your car back on to track..

dont give me the "icant control it " excuse because in practice i went off there and can control it just fine. james pushed you wide onto grass then you decided that you would just launch your car into the rear of ours.

I suppose you didn't see I've touched James' front and that pointed me to your car. And the control on the grass really depends on the diff tho. And where am I supposed to go? In the tyres, or turn left from the tyres and spin. Because to put so much steer onto grass is just spin factor.(I hope you understand what I mean). Anyway, don't know if it was my fault, but sorry to your team anyway.
Wow.. that was a surprising ending of the race indeed. But, it's racing and it was great fun until that. Thanks guys
Quote from krkriv :I suppose you didn't see I've touched James' front and that pointed me to your car. And the control on the grass really depends on the diff tho. And where am I supposed to go? In the tyres, or turn left from the tyres and spin. Because to put so much steer onto grass is just spin factor.(I hope you understand what I mean). Anyway, don't know if it was my fault, but sorry to your team anyway.

meh.

just thought you could of done more to avoid it. whatever.
Quote from Franky.S :meh.

just thought you could of done more to avoid it. whatever.

protest has been addressed
LLM #05 was horribly dangerous the whole race. They rear ended me on 3 or else 4 different occasions.
I remember some Ixion's folk words from this round's practice when he said that SAVAGE won't beat Ixion

GT1WS 2013 Round 2: Race Discussion
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG