The online racing simulator
Aston 175 (Round 2) Discussion Thread
Discussion regarding the 2012 Aston 175 (Round #2 of the 2012 World TBO Championship Series) may be made here.

Round 2 – Aston 175 – 34 laps at AS7R – September 23, 2012 – 16:00 GMT - Official Layout - Weather - Event Logo

Qualifying Begins: 16:00 GMT
Race begins (if qualifying in 1 group): 16:45 GMT
Estimated Race Conclusion: 18:10 GMT

A pre-race driver breifing will be PM'ed to all registered competitors and may be in the form of a video or text. All participants are expected to watch or read all of this text. This will occur overnight for most drivers (based on their local time) on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Stream: (TBA)
Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/
SPDO Scoring: http://www.spdoracing.com/satellite/host/290967/live
#2 - Cawwa
Can't race this round either ...
Quote from Cawwa :Can't race this round either ...

Same here, IRL life interfering once again with my LFS plans
Really nice race. Pretty disappointed to get the popup on the last lap, I was really on my limit to stay anywhere near Joe and Niki which was a bit disappointing, hoped to have a bit more pace. Have to be happy with it even though its P4, Stankus did really well to be so close, didnt expect that good job. Cya next race
@ #23: So I accidentally spin you off, I slow down, give you the place back as a way of saying sorry, and then on Turn 1 you decide to try and ram me off the track? And then at the end of the race you go "noob grosjean" on me? Nice. Very nice of you to be like that. See if I'm ever that nice to you again next time.

With that situation addressed, It's great to see that Stankus finally got a chance to shine and show his true potential with a race that was free of major mistakes. 2nd place just missed him, but to at least put up a bit of a fight against drivers like Joe and Niki...damn.
The rest of us (Nathan, Jordan, Arnas, me) did a nice job by finishing the race. Nate and Jordan always had good pace in the XRT and deserved to finish where they finished, if not a bit higher up the order. Arnas' race was marred by some mistakes but he still fought through, and I had a terrible race. It started with the first laps where I got spun by some guys who were too focused on making the corner, and that knocked me down to the back and effectively ruined my race, because shortly after that, my tyres started overheating and I lost a bit of pace and took more laps to regain some positions. After lap 40 the tyres started cooling down and at that time I was up to 16th and becoming faster and faster, catching up to Jarda. I go down to 18th after the incident, and then I realise I have to pit because I had too little fuel for the finish.

I'll probably edit this post once I realise there are some things here which I shouldn't have said...but I'm pretty P'd off right now.
Tip for the overoptimistic divebomber of #69 Koski - if you do these re-overtake divebomb manouvers to someone who is not so patient as I am,believe me,you will end up wrecked! It's just sick,if someone cannot accept to be overtaken after he is caught from multiple second gap and deffinitely has to attempt retake position with a manouver you physically cannot complete without contact. Similar was with the lithuanian,forgot his name,licence name was something with lucifer I guess,but luckily he at least tried to avoid contacts.
Otherwise - what a crap race for me,when I was in crear,made mistakes,had too much stress pasing few drivers,never got some pace... I guess,I start to regret to choose the wrong car for me...
Meh race, I had about 100° wheel offset almost half of the race, really hard to drive...
Senninha25: I think you should change your statement, because your driving in the race was quite forceful. Pushing other drivers in the middle of turn, lots of contacts... i don't want to say "typical FXO driving", but it was close to it. And then, when someone does the same to you, you go all crazy.
Quote from Senninha25 :@ #23: So I accidentally spin you off, I slow down, give you the place back as a way of saying sorry, and then on Turn 1 you decide to try and ram me off the track? And then at the end of the race you go "noob grosjean wannabe, **** you" on me? Nice. Very nice of you to be like that. See if I'm ever that nice to you again next time.

Waiting on me was your choice. It can't give me position back.

Ram you off the track? Are you kidding me? Belive me, if I would do it, I wouldn't use brakes. That little touch didn't cause you any problem. I was trying to overtake you, nothing more. Maybe it was too much agresive, but still.

Of course, you can give a protest to ban me out of the world.

And read the post-race chat again. I wrote something else. I didn't ment it so strict.

Anyway, good race
Race Replay

I'm not sure if Cameron still has the link so I'll put this here as the raplay thread is closed.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Really nice race. Pretty disappointed to get the popup on the last lap..

Ow. I wondered what suddenly happened to you.

Absolutely surprised to take pole position as that is almost reserved for epic Joe.

I gave my absolute best to stay ahead of Joe which worked great until his tires cooled off and after fending off many attacks I had ever so slightly damaged rear toe/camber which was horrible in 3-4 left corners, and as you see I had no chance to pull away any more. Too much race left, we fought hard and fair, very enjoyable even-though I lost the lead there and then. I kept driving as quick as I could in the given situation until little bit of bad luck interfered with slow hairpin curb and my rear left toe/camber went to hell as well then. The car was an oversteery animal from there till the end.

I always knew there was a chance that any of us runs out of fuel, because boy did we push so very hard. Running on fumes I had to go drink some water after the race to believe my eyes, because I didn't see when I passed Joe. xD

Racing with wind is as good/fun as without it and Joe is one crazy madafaker who never gets tired.
Quote from Fast Jarda :Waiting on me was your choice. It can't give me position back.

On my mind it wouldn't be fair if I just drove away, you'd be even more p'd off and it would be even more justifiable for you to put a protest against me.

Quote from Fast Jarda :
Ram you off the track? Are you kidding me? Belive me, if I would do it, I wouldn't use brakes. That little touch didn't cause you any problem. I was trying to overtake you, nothing more. Maybe it was too much agresive, but still.

That move had a little smell of revenge after all the horn buzzing you did after the spin, and through the corners coming up to T1, and that was no soft hit. Nor was all the contact we had when you started defending like a driver who was pissed off after being spun by an FXO...Although granted, I didn't get spun out or lost a huge amount of time out of that hit. But I felt a little revenge/rage out of that.

Quote from Fast Jarda :Of course, you can give a protest to ban me out of the world.

A protest would be too much for what the incident really was.

Quote from Fast Jarda :And read the post-race chat again. I wrote something else. I didn't ment it so strict.

I overdid that out of rage when I transcribed it, but the Grosjean line was just evil. Got it, Michael Schumacher? *edits rage post*

All I did was put my nose in, try to finish the move but then you got the grip to go back to the racing line and then "tap" and "spin".
Wish I could have made this race, had something come up last minute. Round 3, here I come.
Quote from Senninha25 :With that situation addressed, It's great to see that Stankus finally got a chance to shine and show his true potential with a race that was free of major mistakes. 2nd place just missed him, but to at least put up a bit of a fight against drivers like Joe and Niki...damn.

At long last someone making a result with FXO.
Quote from edge3147 :Wish I could have made this race, had something come up last minute. Round 3, here I come.

I'm seeing a trend.
Crappy race for me, didn't get a decent lap at qual and spun out by some weird accident at lap 1. Worked my way up the grid only to find myself spun again and at the bottom. 14th is the best I could have got tbh I think

But again, some nice close racing while working my way up. Looking forward to next round.
Quote from N I K I :Ow. I wondered what suddenly happened to you.

Absolutely surprised to take pole position as that is almost reserved for epic Joe.

I gave my absolute best to stay ahead of Joe which worked great until his tires cooled off and after fending off many attacks I had ever so slightly damaged rear toe/camber which was horrible in 3-4 left corners, and as you see I had no chance to pull away any more. Too much race left, we fought hard and fair, very enjoyable even-though I lost the lead there and then. I kept driving as quick as I could in the given situation until little bit of bad luck interfered with slow hairpin curb and my rear left toe/camber went to hell as well then. The car was an oversteery animal from there till the end.

I always knew there was a chance that any of us runs out of fuel, because boy did we push so very hard. Running on fumes I had to go drink some water after the race to believe my eyes, because I didn't see when I passed Joe. xD

Racing with wind is as good/fun as without it and Joe is one crazy madafaker who never gets tired.

I think the weird handling was because of the wind, I had the same thing. Yeah, I couldn't keep up really. I dunno why you didnt pull away in the last laps, your tyres were much nicer and you were faster at the start and the only reason I was close was because of the battle you guys had, I was just so focused to try and stay close incase you made a mistake. I'm actually pretty happy with 4th within 10s of the lead after a popup but its frustrating when I was 2nd 1s from first with 3 corners to go, I just hope everyone has their share of bad luck over the season so I can get back into the championship. Either way it looks like a good chance there should be a good fight between Niki and Joe, hopefully races like this are the norm rather than KY3R. Gratz again to the top 3. Need to work on Q too, because passing is impossible here unless you really risk something or have a lot of patience to wait for the mistake.
Was good round;
Qualy was a little bit of a disappointment, never hooked up a lap and only put it on p2, not the end of the world but still...

Race was interesting, I took a chance of running a high camber setup which 90% of the time never works, but today it was good. My tyres were getting pretty hot, running most of the lap at 80 which isn't great at all, I knew I needed to back off one way or the other but I didn't want to let Niki get away so I opted for just battling very hard with him it worked out great for me because the lap times were slower and my tyres soon cooled down. I realised around lap 20ish I was gonna run out of fuel so I needed to make a move on Niki and push like mad and give it my all to get a pitstop gap. I ended out pitting and coming out into p3 but Isaac got his popup(!) and gifted me p2.
Bit of a shame to lose the win like that bit hey ho. Grats to Niki

In terms of the championship it's good, pitstop could have cost me a lot more!
Congratulations NIKI, and Isaac thank you for the podium.
Well done Mindaugas
Quote from kart-36 :pitting and coming out into p3 but Isaac got his puncture and gifted me p2.

I didnt get a puncture you arse, popup!
Quote from Bmxtwins :I'm seeing a trend.

not everyone that gets big starts out full time. I do the best I can with what I have, that's all that matter.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I think the weird handling was because of the wind, I had the same thing.

Might be that, but the set usually gets understeery towards the end... really weird.
Quote from kart-36 :Was good round;
Qualy was a little bit of a disappointment, never hooked up a lap and only put it on p2, not the end of the world but still...

hehehe, Imol could learn a thing or two from you.
Quote from kart-36 :I knew I needed to back off one way or the other but I didn't want to let Niki get away so I opted for just battling very hard with him it worked out great for me because the lap times were slower and my tyres soon cooled down.

heheheh, indeed. It's really weird cos the track made divebombs possible in so many places, quite unique. Gotta see the broadcast sometime.
Quote from kart-36 :Bit of a shame to lose the win like that bit hey ho. Grats to Niki

Well you absolutely saved everything better than anyone else would probably in your place, not distracted by lack of fuel, not making mistakes and putting the laps down. Great drive.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Either way it looks like a good chance there should be a good fight between Niki and Joe, hopefully races like this are the norm rather than KY3R.

The luck served me very well this time, unlike ky3r... still I wonder.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Need to work on Q too, because passing is impossible here unless you really risk something or have a lot of patience to wait for the mistake.

Passing on Blackwood might not be so much of a trouble. Still yeah, good quali is essential to all of us.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG