The online racing simulator
That first corner - Rallycross Blackwood
I cannot workout how to take that first corner properly. I've tried spectating some good drivers - they drop right down to 1st but are they stepping off the accelerator completely or braking and accelerating at the same time? I always seem to skid around the bend really slowly.
Depends on which car you are driving XFG or XRG?
OK, i can show you master-class. Say me your nickname and what server you prefer. You made rightly that make this thread. Maybe with my tips you can get good time, all depends of you.
depends on set temp of tyres and amount of fuel being carried afair...
utilize the brake of the hand
Just go very slow in, and accelerate in the turn. You will skid if you come too fast in the corner. Just practise and practise, go very slow in the turn, and as you get better at it increase the entering speed. Soon you will find a suitable way doing it

At least the way I do it is to brake and turn in, and when the angle of the car and speed is right I start to slowly acclerate. The warmer tyres - the more I can accelerate without skiding all over place.
#8 - bbman
Get most of the turning done on the tarmac so you can use what little traction you have on the dirt to accelerate out of the corner... Some will take your wide entry as an invitation to dive to the inside, so watch out... If possible, use the switchback because they'll have compromised their exit speed severely...
When that is said, T1 drive / divebombs who thinks that wide cornering is an invitation to hit their side - please jump of the nearest cliff and at same time - gtfo track please
If you want to see, what technique are the good drivers using, just turn on pedals in options, you can see them in bottom right then (options/display).
You can study some fast laps in detail here: http://www.lfsworld.net/rafa/

There are also replay analyzers that allows you to compare a replay of your singleplayer lap to replays you can download from LFSworld, such as WR laps. You can then directly compare your lap against theirs. You will see how your line, braking and acceleration might be different, aswell as entry and exit speed in the corners.
Some great help here, thankyou.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG