The online racing simulator
cars - adding
(9 posts, started )
cars - adding
Here is a question.

I rarely play the LFS game.

I technically got it for my son. We have the s2 and a license for it so it is unlocked.

My son was showing me all these cars that I have never seen on another site saying dad can I get that one or that one.

But it looks to me like they just over right the original cars.

I know he has a screen full of cars but he is 8 and seems to be wanting different cars than shown on the game.

To me it looks like it is agro to do the "mods" one.

I've seen a few of the cars and wondering is there more cars than we are not seeing in the cars option on LFS?

Like I said I don't play it much but he is on it all the time and wants an answer from his Dad on a quick matter and I seem to always fumble to an answer. I'd like the correct answer to give answer.

Thanks
These other cars are vob modifications - original vob files are substituted by modificated ones,changing cars shape and sometimes also physics. These mods are ruled as illegal as they make problems online and most likely also due to copyright...
Hello, there are third party mods which, as you've mentioned, sort of replace the bodyshape of the "original" LFS cars. Some of these mods have been noted for being buggy during gameplay. There is some suspicion that the downloadable content (which can be downloaded from numerous websites) contains malicious software. So be wary.

As far as I know, discussion of this topic is not allowed and the LFS's developers do not support this kind of mods.

The LFS's cars are those that you see here: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents
cars
Yeah it looked like a huge pain in the arse to do it.

Plus also loosing he original car from the list.

Ok now I know thank you for the help.

I thought it was cool to see skylines and beefed up mini's etc.

But since he is learning as well as going online to race we will not mess with that kind of stuff.

Thank you for the help.
While I'm not a fan of "unsupported" mods myself, I'll say that you could easily make a copy of your LFS folder. Leave one unmodified for online play, use every mod under the sun on the other one. If something goes tits up, delete the modified LFS folder and start again. Best of both worlds.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :While I'm not a fan of "unsupported" mods myself, I'll say that you could easily make a copy of your LFS folder. Leave one unmodified for online play, use every mod under the sun on the other one. If something goes tits up, delete the modified LFS folder and start again. Best of both worlds.

What if the kid goes online with the modded folder though and gets banned from alot of servers? I wouldn't mess with them at this point and just leave LFS the way it came until another time unless your child is more responsible than I assume he is.
Got to give them some rope y'know.
Quote from rbwdriven :Yeah it looked like a huge pain in the arse to do it.

Plus also loosing he original car from the list.

Ok now I know thank you for the help.

I thought it was cool to see skylines and beefed up mini's etc.

But since he is learning as well as going online to race we will not mess with that kind of stuff.

Thank you for the help.

dress the cars up with skins to make them looks slightly different...

i.e XRT to look like 180sx... you son is 8, he'll love it ( if he doesn't already )

basic tricks like that, tweaking the audio ( Shift + A ) will play mind tricks on him too

By no means am i saying troll you're son, but freshen the game up where you can within its own limits...

cars - adding
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG