The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 4 Discussion
Round 4 is the Grand Prix Jamaica, taking place at the open configuration Fern Bay Silver Alternative.

Track Map (Not NDR official, that'll be out Tuesday sometime :razz

The race will be 34 laps in length, with one bonus lap added for the formation lap.

Race date, 15 April 2012.

Timetable:

14 April 2012 @ 17:20 UTC: Entries locked; no additions, edits, or deletions to a team roster from this point until 1 hour after the event concludes, for accuracy of eligible entrants and other necessary configurations.

15 April 2012:

15:20 UTC: Confirmation of team's race roster deadline

17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

Qualifying Group 1 [22] (Main Server => NDR.LFSCART Light)
3, 4, 8, 11, 13, 25, 30, 31, 33, 34, 38, 44, 45, 50, 51, 60, 64, 70, 72, 73, 78, 86

Qualifying Group 2 [21](Spare Server => NDR.LFSCART Light 2)
5, 6, 14, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 32, 35, 36, 48, 49, 57, 58, 59, 71, 74, 79, 90
I like this...I think I'll be doing this race!
oh yeah, still got some requirements to get through first...balls.
How bad am i with 2:19?
very
...i forgot to add, in terms of qualifying into the race. But any benchmark is welcome.
Erm, I guess a good time to aim for is the 16's, should be a good benchmark
airio FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
i twas only kidding
Lulz @ LLM penalty.
goddammit rui
Just another day at FE.

Gonna check some moments i had with others, while i was there, but i guess it was all caused by the nature of the track.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Session of incident (Qual or Race): Race
mpr timecode of incident: 1:11:00
Lap of incident: 26 (LFS count)
Cars involved in incident: 25, 06, 33
Brief description of incident: Rasanen, Teien, and Wentjarvi spun ahead of me and I was collected. Behind us, Ray Kingsbury entered the accident scene under the SC conditions and failed to slow enough, hitting Teien and sending him into me, which caused me to flip and ended my race.

Ok i'm sorry about this. First of all there is no yellow flags and I was trying to avoid Jarl and I knew if I slammed brakes with a tire in grass or on rumble strip i would spin and cause chaos. I barely touched Mr. Teien and on my end it looks like if anything when I hit him it was lag and he almost seemed to turn into you. Not sure what happened and I'm really sorry
Only car not to pit... that strategy was quite good until people didnt realize I had to brake so early.
Apologies to Mr. Koltowski for our incident in the last turn. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it went badly for you and I'm sorry for that.
anyone with the replay? Forgot the save
Deko said they'll be up "shortly".
Quote from Kid222 :Deko said they'll be up "shortly".

Some real life shit cut in and spun him around like Ryan Hunter-Reay did with Taku Sato. So no need to hurry!
Quote from TFalke55 :Some real life shit cut in and spun him around like Ryan Hunter-Reay did with Taku Sato. So no need to hurry!

What a dirty move!
Pretty bad race for me...

Qualy went just as planned, got pole after my second attempt and that was that.
The race was hard, once Matti had jump started he was holding me up and costing me time. After the second safety car had come out, I decided to fill up the tank and go to the end. Number #44 was out in the lead, and had some good pace which was worrying for me, but I knew he had another pit stop so it wasn't too much of an issue. Around lap 20 I noticed that my rear tyres were very thin and I had to make a choice to pit for new ones without many laps remaining. I came back out in P9 or so, and made progress quickly until I got suck behind car 04 of Joonas. His persistent defensive driving and mid corner braking made it near impossible to avoid contact or make any reasonable move. Eventually after the safety car I just mugged him around the outside and left him for dead. Then ANOTHER safety car came out and then i was behind Jarl who was heating his tyres and from my view he just went off (out of my vision) and I just took the place. There is two sides to every story so I will accept which ever the admins decide to do in this situation. Also apologies to Jarl, I was driving like a idiot at that stage anyway.

Eventually after a interesting race to say the least I brought the car home in P3, disappoint as I feel I could have had the race win if I hadn't of had to pit for the new tyres, but its not the end of the world. Cya next round!
Quote :Session of incident (Qual or Race): Race
mpr timecode of incident: 1:30:05
Lap of incident: 33 (LFS count)
Cars involved in incident: 48, 71

On restart 48 (me) moves to middle of track (just on pit exit line) to defend from 71. 71 moves to inside and once there moves his wheel to the right, even though he has racing room. I drive dead straight, but the loss of control from the contact makes a crash at the chicane inevitable. I am out.

Watch the replay, or Webber / Vettel in Turkey in 2010 - much the same except Vettel (71) is still behind when he turns into Webber (48)

I see much same in your and younger Michael Schumacher's ways to defend position. If you view this from my car you can see how crazy line you left for me in inside line. In my opinion you deserved your DNF there.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
Quote from MonkeyHead :I see much same in your and younger Michael Schumacher's ways to defend position. If you view this from my car you can see how crazy line you left for me in inside line. In my opinion you deserved your DNF there.

So what did you want me to do? Vanish? Give up the corner although I was ahead and it was you who put us into an inevitable crash situation by choosing to overtake on the complete opposite side of the track to the racing line into a flat chicane. I took my position on the track before you moved - I didn't squeeze you; you put yourself there.

In my opinion, just because you are able to gain a degree of overlap does not mean that you necessarily should. You've kind of implicated yourself in your reply - I left you a crazy line. It was your decision to take it therefore your fault we crashed. And you moved into me once partially alongside. I drove straight.
No, we wouldn't have crashed if we both had slower speed, it was possible to complete that turn without crash but I expected you to use brain and go back to the normal racing line which would have saved us time. When I noticed we both were not going to slow down I knew that we will have contact and I just tried to keep the car in my control. We both took a stupid risk but only I survived.
So I should slow down for you. Got it.
Nope, we both should've slown down to complete that chicane clean with the lines we had. You can't just think you can drive through it with full speed because of that I was next to you and our line was too tight for it.
Quote :Session of incident (Qual or Race):Race
mpr timecode of incident:5:12.20
Lap of incident:2
Cars involved in incident:03,13
Brief description of inciden: #13 Comes from the back and hits me, I spin and loose positions.

Look on this situation, and think about what i do ? Flying on your car? I tried you overtake...
Quote from patryk_dk :Look on this situation, and think about what i do ? Flying on your car? I tried you overtake...

Use brake

LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 4 Discussion
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG