The online racing simulator
#1 - TRKAC
First impresions from FPS gamer(interface,settings and some other stuff could be bett
After mw3 and bf3 failed games i wanted to find something else to play.
Since I love to snipe I decided to give racing a try since you need precision and skill for that

I donwloaded this game,go to singleplayer,start the game and I am STUCK! I cant get the car to move?!
I press some kys and I see i have to put the gear in 1 to move.i dont like that since it is on auto shifting but ok
Then I wanted to see all the views,i would like if there was a front hood view but ok
I tried changing some control setting then for a gamepad and i ended up with nothing,I could not set it properly and i could not set it to default

Then today i bought genius speed wheel pro 5,I wanted to set it but i could not,it is irritating,but I was persistent so I figured out how to set the wheel to turn in the game but them ass and brake is a problem

finally I managed to set that also

I still did not try to set handbrakes and gears(but i will probably go with auto shifting so it is ok)

Then i wanted to play online,with demo version,I enter my name and password from this site but it wont work!
I figured out that I needed a separate password for that

All this was irritating to me,I hope you will improve on this so new players are less frustrated

Now about driving,I played before need for speed games,colin raly 3 and similar,this is my first simulator and with a mouse,keyboard it sucks!
BUT with a wheel it is ****ing great
I tried this wheel in nfs shift 1 and 2 and grid but this game feels the best to me
and i have to say using a wheel is incredible,shift,grid and this game feel like a completely different game

also I LOVE the amount of customization (but I dont like the interface,it is too confusing)
I love the FOV and other camera options,I managed to set a good cockpit view
Hand animations could be better but ok

-I cant turn the wheels when I brake?! I do drive in real life and that does not happen,but then I searched this forum and found out that with 100% braking that does happen,in real life i dont brake that hard but I guess i should learn not to brake in corners at all

-I would like to see a cockpit view made for people with wheels
since I have a wheel I dont want to see the wheel and hands in the game,there is an option to turn that off but it looks ugly that way

I would like a camera closer to windshiled so i can only see the gaudges
BUT with FOV of 90

-I also love how this game looks better then grid or shift2 and runs better
i ****ing hate bloom,blur,no colors,dark screen filters etc. like in some other games so that is a big plus
Quote :-I would like to see a cockpit view made for people with wheels
since I have a wheel I dont want to see the wheel and hands in the game,there is an option to turn that off but it looks ugly that way

As you said, there is an option to turn the hands and wheels off. I don't know how it could look better without a wheel.

Quote :I would like a camera closer to windshiled so i can only see the gaudges
BUT with FOV of 90

You can adjust the camera position, camera angle, FOV and loads of other things in options -> view

I don't really know what you were suggesting with this topic tho.
Quote from TRKAC :After mw3 and bf3 failed games i wanted to find something else to play.
Since I love to snipe I decided to give racing a try since you need precision and skill for that

I donwloaded this game,go to singleplayer,start the game and I am STUCK! I cant get the car to move?!
I press some kys and I see i have to put the gear in 1 to move.i dont like that since it is on auto shifting but ok
Then I wanted to see all the views,i would like if there was a front hood view but ok
I tried changing some control setting then for a gamepad and i ended up with nothing,I could not set it properly and i could not set it to default

Then today i bought genius speed wheel pro 5,I wanted to set it but i could not,it is irritating,but I was persistent so I figured out how to set the wheel to turn in the game but them ass and brake is a problem

finally I managed to set that also

I still did not try to set handbrakes and gears(but i will probably go with auto shifting so it is ok)

Then i wanted to play online,with demo version,I enter my name and password from this site but it wont work!
I figured out that I needed a separate password for that

All this was irritating to me,I hope you will improve on this so new players are less frustrated

Now about driving,I played before need for speed games,colin raly 3 and similar,this is my first simulator and with a mouse,keyboard it sucks!
BUT with a wheel it is ****ing great
I tried this wheel in nfs shift 1 and 2 and grid but this game feels the best to me
and i have to say using a wheel is incredible,shift,grid and this game feel like a completely different game

also I LOVE the amount of customization (but I dont like the interface,it is too confusing)
I love the FOV and other camera options,I managed to set a good cockpit view
Hand animations could be better but ok

-I cant turn the wheels when I brake?! I do drive in real life and that does not happen,but then I searched this forum and found out that with 100% braking that does happen,in real life i dont brake that hard but I guess i should learn not to brake in corners at all

-I would like to see a cockpit view made for people with wheels

BUT with FOV of 90

-I also love how this game looks better then grid or shift2 and runs better
i ****ing hate bloom,blur,no colors,dark screen filters etc. like in some other games so that is a big plus

"I donwloaded this game,go to singleplayer,start the game and I am STUCK! I cant get the car to move?!"

thats common sense tbh

"Then I wanted to see all the views,i would like if there was a front hood view but ok"

when on view of wheels, press shift+o and view. you can change.

"I tried changing some control setting then for a gamepad and i ended up with nothing,I could not set it properly and i could not set it to default"

you have correct drivers for this?

"Then i wanted to play online,with demo version,I enter my name and password from this site but it wont work!
I figured out that I needed a separate password for that"

you getted told this when u sign up.
1st step ever when downloading a new game:

READ THE MANUAL.
#5 - TRKAC
Quote from pärtan :As you said, there is an option to turn the hands and wheels off. I don't know how it could look better without a wheel.

You can adjust the camera position, camera angle, FOV and loads of other things in options -> view

I don't really know what you were suggesting with this topic tho.

I guess it is hard for you to comprehend what i am talking about.I think i was clear but ok you dont need to worry about all that

Quote from Franky.S :"I donwloaded this game,go to singleplayer,start the game and I am STUCK! I cant get the car to move?!"

thats common sense tbh

"Then I wanted to see all the views,i would like if there was a front hood view but ok"

when on view of wheels, press shift+o and view. you can change.

"I tried changing some control setting then for a gamepad and i ended up with nothing,I could not set it properly and i could not set it to default"

you have correct drivers for this?

"Then i wanted to play online,with demo version,I enter my name and password from this site but it wont work!
I figured out that I needed a separate password for that"

you getted told this when u sign up.

Lol son,you dont need to quote me,I know you are talking to me
,but it is aok ,i can see by your answers that you are very young and that you also aint able to comprehend what i am talking about

Quote from Si Mclaren :1st step ever when downloading a new game:

READ THE MANUAL.

Dont get this the wrong way,but trolling aint nice (at least i hope he is trolling)

kids -)
wat?

back to nfs ..
Quote from TRKAC :
Dont get this the wrong way,but trolling aint nice (at least i hope he is trolling)

kids -)

Im not trolling... All the problems you had, could be simple solved if you readed the manual (or/and LFS Wiki) before...

How to configure cameras, turn on/off wheel and driver hands, all of this is on LFS Wiki...
From MW3 to LFS

Is like ride a bicicle to fly a YF22 without training...

Also, i dont understand how could you be "lost" on such simple interface and customization that offer lfs

In others sims you have 32'949324'3294' controls to customize before you can actualy ride the car cough cough rFactor or any simbin sim cough cough

First time i played lfs took me no more that 10 minutes to setup everthing and star driving the car...

But if you think lfs is "complicated" you should try DCS: Black Shark and try to start up the helicopter properly
#9 - TRKAC
Quote from Si Mclaren :Im not trolling... All the problems you had, could be simple solved if you readed the manual (or/and LFS Wiki) before...

How to configure cameras, turn on/off wheel and driver hands, all of this is on LFS Wiki...

Not trolling? wow ,sorry but then i have to say that you are not very smart,but like i said maybe you are just very young and non educated

Quote from Inouva :From MW3 to LFS

Is like ride a bicicle to fly a YF22 without training...

Also, i dont understand how could you be "lost" on such simple interface and customization that offer lfs

In others sims you have 32'949324'3294' controls to customize before you can actualy ride the car cough cough rFactor or any simbin sim cough cough

First time i played lfs took me no more that 10 minutes to setup everthing and star driving the car...

But if you think lfs is "complicated" you should try DCS: Black Shark and try to start up the helicopter properly

It is funny how a lot of games forums are full with trolls like this one (ok maybe he aint trolling and is just a "little" slow)

Son,stay in school and dont take drugs,that is my honest advice to you.

peace
hazaky? jamie? which one now..

READ THE MANUAL.

1st step for any guy when seeing a manual: Throw away manual.
2nd step: Find out where not as smart as we think we are and check manual when no ones looking.

Love posts like these, genuine and unbiased first impressions are a great insight and surprisingly hard to find for any software.

The interface looks like crap and feels clunky at first, when your used to it try a big name title and see how it compares. Was playing GTR2 a few days ago, options buried in tiers of menus, no shortcuts, a dozen clicks to do anything, have to load setups every race, have to find menu to load setup, setups for every car listed so have to dig out the right one...... give up in frustration and load up Richard Burns Rally, down, down, return, up, return, down, down, return, 'are you sure?', up, return, 'are you really sure?', ctrl+alt+del..... Thank god for indi games, LFS has its faults with configs and menus but it doesn't sacrifice function for the sake of appearance.

Different name and pass for game and forum might seem clunky but sharing them is a really bad move, the chance of hacked accounts is much greater as it adds all the hackers trying to crack the forum software to all the hackers trying to crack the game and the same forum software could be used for hundreds of games.

Hope the trolls don't put you off the forum, there are plenty of friendly and helpful folks here too. Have a good one.
Quote from stan.distortion :1st step for any guy when seeing a manual: Throw away manual.
2nd step: Find out where not as smart as we think we are and check manual when no ones looking.

Love posts like these, genuine and unbiased first impressions are a great insight and surprisingly hard to find for any software.

The interface looks like crap and feels clunky at first, when your used to it try a big name title and see how it compares. Was playing GTR2 a few days ago, options buried in tiers of menus, no shortcuts, a dozen clicks to do anything, have to load setups every race, have to find menu to load setup, setups for every car listed so have to dig out the right one...... give up in frustration and load up Richard Burns Rally, down, down, return, up, return, down, down, return, 'are you sure?', up, return, 'are you really sure?', ctrl+alt+del..... Thank god for indi games, LFS has its faults with configs and menus but it doesn't sacrifice function for the sake of appearance.

Different name and pass for game and forum might seem clunky but sharing them is a really bad move, the chance of hacked accounts is much greater as it adds all the hackers trying to crack the forum software to all the hackers trying to crack the game and the same forum software could be used for hundreds of games.

Hope the trolls don't put you off the forum, there are plenty of friendly and helpful folks here too. Have a good one.

1.lol,so true about the manual
2.great post,at least someone understands me
Quote from TRKAC :Not trolling? wow ,sorry but then i have to say that you are not very smart,but like i said maybe you are just very young and non educated

It is funny how a lot of games forums are full with trolls like this one (ok maybe he aint trolling and is just a "little" slow)

Son,stay in school and dont take drugs,that is my honest advice to you.

peace

OF course i'm trolling, i thought was the same with you with your noobish post
Do us a favor and keep playing your arcadish game ( MW3 ) Or go and play some NFSS1/2

LFS is not for you kid
Thats why i don't play those games like BF, COD...

There are only kids tho thinks they are badass, make questions but don't want to see the answer...

About manuals, its the same like make a question: Make a question and be stupid for some seconds, don't make and be stupid forever.

Btw, good one Inouva

Succesful troll
Quote from Inouva :OF course i'm trolling, i though was the same with you with your noobish post
Do us a favor and keep playing your arcadish game ( MW3 ) Or go and play some NFSS1/2

LFS is not for you kid

Quote from Si Mclaren :Thats why i don't play those games like BF, COD...

There are only kids tho thinks they are badass, make questions but don't want to see the answer...

About manuals, its the same like make a question: Make a question and be stupid for some seconds, don't make and be stupid forever.

Btw, good one Inouva

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

Succesful troll

Someone is having a period .

READ THE MANUAL.

Jup... That was always my advantage when playing FIFA/PES (what ever was higher rated in the magazines) on Playstation - I read the manual and could do all the new stuff my friends simply did not know about (yes... EA actually impelented some new features once in a while) It also helps to understand how to build up IKEA stuff quickly, understanding one's car. Even comdoms have a written manual
Oh, and by the way... Formula 1 drivers have to learn a 100+ pages manual each and every year just to be able to work with their wheel. I wonder howmany try-and-error-drivers would still have a ride after blowing their 3rd engine before the second race

Quote from TRKAC :Not trolling? wow ,sorry but then i have to say that you are not very smart,but like i said maybe you are just very young and non educated

About your point, someone reading the manual not being smart, nah. You can't put it that simple. Standing in the laboratory, it is always better to have read the manual before, for example. Every once in a while you read about students killing themselves by not following the instructions written in the manuals.

By the way, quoting is often used here to make clear where what answer belongs to what input, as they try to make it transparent to everyone.

Quote from TRKAC :I donwloaded this game,go to singleplayer,start the game and I am STUCK! I cant get the car to move?!

Well, a real car also has to be shifted into D or R or S at least to be able to move. on N or P, it doesn't move at all, even with an automatic transmission. Moreover, it would really be problematic at the start of the race. You would either jump most of the starts or bearly moving, as you wouldn't be able to use throttle to gain high revs.

Quote from TRKAC :Then I wanted to see all the views,i would like if there was a front hood view but ok

To be honest, I'd advise anyone to kick off in singleplayer with the default cokpit camera, just to get the first feeling for the cars. After that you can ask what of the stuff you need, you don't need or need aditionally. The position is crutial to how you experience the racing around you. Like in real life, an optimized position can help you to decrease your amount of incidents. Of course you can create yourself a custom hood cam. Going into the options to "view" you can set up the cam in x, y and z direction. Also, if you like, there are options to roll the cam or to ditch it. However you might need to set it up for each car individually.

I still recommand cokpit view, as there might be fcv, means forced-cokpit-view, servers you'd like to join some time.

Quote from TRKAC :I tried changing some control setting then for a gamepad and i ended up with nothing,I could not set it properly and i could not set it to default

Ok, setting up the axis for Gamepad or Wheel can really be frustrating. That's one thing which is easier in other sims. However, once you have the clue, you can use some features in it for LFS video work and stuff like that. For the actual driving however it is really something, meh.

Quote from TRKAC :I still did not try to set handbrakes and gears(but i will probably go with auto shifting so it is ok)

Well, you really should go with at least sequential shifting. The problem about auto shifting is that it is not an automatic gearbox. It is rather a special moment LFS decides to shift up or to shift down. In some situations it might be wrong and you have more control with being to fully control your current gear.

Quote from TRKAC :I cant turn the wheels when I brake?! I do drive in real life and that does not happen,but then I searched this forum and found out that with 100% braking that does happen,in real life i dont brake that hard but I guess i should learn not to brake in corners at all

Well, go to an empty car park and tickle everything out of your car. You will see that in reallife, once you have to do an emergancy breaking for example, you hardly can steer around a corner. Thanks to different electronic inventions, ABS, ESP, ASC, and and and, you have nowadays to get around. Still, you need to train every once in a while driving on the limit just to have this extra percentage of skill if you end up in a critical situation in real life.
In the sim, where it is your target to be on the edge, to get this extra little

Quote from TRKAC :I would like to see a cockpit view made for people with wheels

BUT with FOV of 90

Again, options -> view.

Btw, why is everybody acusing anybody to troll or cheat or or or these days?
Son,it really seems that you cant comprehend what i am talking about.

Dont take this the wrong way but since you think the game is perfect you should just go and play it.

I still hope that you and others are just trolling,even if you are very young it is hard to believe that you are serious

It is nice that you read the manuals before playing games but you should start reading some other stuff also

peace
+1 for a coming to a forum telling every kid there how bad the game they play is because it require some mannual reading/searching, the auto gearbox is so stupid that it can't even go to right direction without "forward" command (and can't flip throttle/brake), or the physics is f**king retard that you get limited tyre grip. Well done, OP. (Yes, I am trolling.)

@stan.distortion:

You can mark a setup as "favourite" in GTR2. It will load the next time (for the same hdc).
Quote from TRKAC :Son,it really seems that you cant comprehend what i am talking about.

Dont take this the wrong way but since you think the game is perfect you should just go and play it.

I still hope that you and others are just trolling,even if you are very young it is hard to believe that you are serious

It is nice that you read the manuals before playing games but you should start reading some other stuff also

peace

why when people help you must start crying about nothing?
Quote from TRKAC :Son,it really seems that you cant comprehend what i am talking about.

I don't think the sim is perfect. How can it, it is not even a gold status game, it is just an alpha. It lacks quiet some stuff. Some collision physics are strange, the fuel milage of some cars is way too high, there is no dynamic wether nor dynamic daytime. Etc., etc., etc... Just take a brief look through this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626 and you see what stuff has been requested over the years.

Still, LFS offers some strengths: The car and tyre physics are really good, the tracks are propperly coded, there is a good variety of virtual racing series of which most can be entered by just posting into a thread in these forums, it has a quiet high consistency (i.e. no need to download thousends of mods).

Quote from TRKAC :I still hope that you and others are just trolling,even if you are very young it is hard to believe that you are serious

Where was I trolling? And why is it hard to believe that I meant it serious? And by the way, what do you mean by being very young?

Quote from TRKAC :It is nice that you read the manuals before playing games but you should start reading some other stuff also

peace

What stuff?
Quote from Keling :+1 for a coming to a forum telling every kid there how bad the game they play is because it require some mannual reading/searching, the auto gearbox is so stupid that it can't even go to right direction without "forward" command (and can't flip throttle/brake), or the physics is f**king retard that you get limited tyre grip. Well done, OP. (Yes, I am trolling.)

@stan.distortion:

You can mark a setup as "favourite" in GTR2. It will load the next time (for the same hdc).

ok troll now spam off
lol
Quote from Franky.S :why when people help you must start crying about nothing?

u mad bro?

Quote from TFalke55 :I don't think the sim is perfect. How can it, it is not even a gold status game, it is just an alpha. It lacks quiet some stuff. Some collision physics are strange, the fuel milage of some cars is way too high, there is no dynamic wether nor dynamic daytime. Etc., etc., etc... Just take a brief look through this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626 and you see what stuff has been requested over the years.

Still, LFS offers some strengths: The car and tyre physics are really good, the tracks are propperly coded, there is a good variety of virtual racing series of which most can be entered by just posting into a thread in these forums, it has a quiet high consistency (i.e. no need to download thousends of mods).

Where was I trolling? And why is it hard to believe that I meant it serious? And by the way, what do you mean by being very young?

What stuff?

If you really are serious(like some other kids posting here) then you are very very young or just incredibly non educated
i dont want to be rude and say that you are dumb or something,it just looks like you cant even comprehend some basic stuff

peace
seriously, you make a post, and then you bitch about people telling you answers to your lack of knowledge to the simulator? You think the interface is confusing even though its the simplest interface ive ever seen in a game, hell, you didnt even know you had to put the car in gear to start moving, I think its time for you to go read some books SON. I didn't know that intelligent people like yourself play FPS games, bahaha. So funny, this guy.
The guy says what sort of gaming background he's coming from and gives his first impressions of LFS (that kind of feedback is pure gold to dev's btw). Does he get a 'welcome to LFS, you get used to its quirks', no, he gets an 'RTFM dumbass kid' in response to questions he didn't even ask. Watched a few games get popular just because of a friendly community and watched the same games die a death when the trolls follow the herd, maybe there is some truth in the 'LFS is dying' posts after all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG