The online racing simulator
#1 - CSF
GT2 World Series 2012: Introduction
Racers,

GT2 World Series is back and will be "filling the void" left by IGTC's withdrawal and will be raced in the summer of 2012.

Firstly I will introduce the team that will be forming the administration panel in the coming months, just incase you need to PM us with some questions about the series:

Chris Ford (CSF) Founder, Head Admin, Occasional drunk, Best person in the world.
Dominik Engel (Deutschland2007) Vice Admin, Breaks Computers German.
Jonathan Palmer (dekojester) Does a bit of everything, American, likes Sammiches.
Steven Martin (Steven_Martin) Junior Admin, Has long Hair and wishes his cat was called Mustang.
Thilo Falkenberg (TFalke55) Junior Admin, Media, Fights windows 7 and the internet, Is another German

PRO-AM and Drivers titles:

Essentially this is still under discussion, but for now I will open up the signups to include the Pro/Am split. However, if there is a limited take up of Am signups, I may consider pulling it.

I would like to think every team has its own suspicions on whether it thinks it should be pro or am, but if you feel you want to enter pro, I won't be stopping you.

As for any potential driver championships, this is again under consideration, however I think it is likely that I will open up a separate signups for people who have been signed up by a team to compete in GT2WS as I understand that not everyone will be out for drivers points.

So yes, that about does it. Signups will be opened very soon, Deko's just deciding whether his new app thing will be ready on the NDR site or not, so it just leaves me to say:

GOOD RACING!

Chris, Founder, Head Admin, Occasional Drunk, Best Person in the World (quote Dom Engel 2011)
Any idea about car restrictions?
Finally!! I can't wait already to start in this :P Hope I'll take part more frequently than last year.
Since it's already been asked, restrictions are the same as last season, they were proven to work, so there is no need to change them.
Glad you are taking my pro/amateur idea I mentioned a while back seriously
#6 - CSF
I think we'd already had thoughts about something like that, but its been nice to see some folk on the same wavelength!
#7 - RLeb
I want to mention I really like the spaced out schedule. It gives everyone plenty of time to get ready for the events.
Quote from RLeb :I want to mention I really like the spaced out schedule. It gives everyone plenty of time to get ready for the events.

This. Perfect for us, if any members decide to bail on practicing. No excuses for not practicing, with such a big gap.
Tststs, first fail of the season:

Quote from CSF :

Applications are now open for GT2 World Series 2012!

Please follow all instructions or your application WILL NOT be considered.

Manager: Jonathan Palmer (dekojester)
Vice Manager: Chris Ford (CSF)
teamName: Eoin loves his stang on a Friday Racing
class: Pro/Am
car: FZR
number: 01
drivers: - {username, Forename Surname, Country}

Remember, I will not be assigning Numbers (between 02-99), YOU and your teams have to choose your number for this season, so choose carefully! My3id gaming are the only team who may choose 01 as the reigning champions from Season 2011.

Multiple cars are allowed if you are having 1 car in PRO and one car in AM. If there is not too much take up of the AM side of things, we will just withdraw it quietly.

SIGNUP LIST:

Car Count:
FXR: 0
FZR: 0
XRR: 0
TBA: 0
overall: 0 cars

Quote from CSF :Manager: Chris Ford (CSF)
Vice Manager: Dominik Engel (Deutschland2007)
teamName: TeamSpeak Racing (TBA)
class: Pro
car: TBA
number: 07
drivers: - {username, Forename Surname, Country}

TO COME

I just wanted 07

Not updating the TBA number when it is increased by the own entry
#10 - CSF
I'm not exactly going to sit here all day going ooooooooooooh another entry. I'll do it once in a while or something.
Quote from CSF :I'm not exactly going to sit here all day going ooooooooooooh another entry. I'll do it once in a while or something.

np with that but it was your own entry^^
Aww,race starts 19utc...frikin timezones...
What about trading drivers from Pro to Am teams between races?
Quote from Ziomek21 :What about trading drivers from Pro to Am teams between races?

We're not quite fixed on that yet, but it will probably be possible to use one pro driver in the am teams, but his amount of driving will be restricted.
Yay GT2 Worlds Series is back!

By myself I am not sure at all how the Am/Pro split works, can admin or someone else give a brief explanation?
Quote from martinson :Yay GT2 Worlds Series is back!

By myself I not sure at all how the Am/Pro split works, can admin or someone else give brief explanation?

This.

And yea, would like some criteria, because we are now having discussion inside the team who's worth to be in Pro and who is yet to be Amateur.
Quote from prOmo_LTU :This.

And yea, would like some criteria, because we are now having discussion inside the team who's worth to be in Pro and who is yet to be Amateur.

Yep but is it like 2 classes with separate points or what?
It's one class (GT2), but with two divisions (Pro/Am). So there would be an individual championship for each and an overall championship.

For criteria, I believe it will most likely be less harsh than GTAL. I'm just saying what I think, could be all wrong. Chris will go into detail I guess.
Quote from Bungo :Yep but is it like 2 classes with separate points or what?

Am is a subdivision, there'll be an overall championship and Am and Pro sub championships.
Separate races/servers or both pro and am cars in one race?
ok was a bit curious how they were separated but that makes things more clear
@Fadeaway: All in one. Think of it like the GT Pro/Am in real life.
I talked with CSF earlier, and he said that if a team has both a Pro and an Am car, we can have a unified team roster for both cars and exchange drivers freely (as long as you don't use more than 1 Pro driver in the Am car, etc).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I talked with CSF earlier, and he said that if a team has both a Pro and an Am car, we can have a unified team roster for both cars and exchange drivers freely (as long as you don't use more than 1 Pro driver in the Am car, etc).

For the race will 50% of grid be pro, 50% amateur or just top 30 cars.
#25 - CSF
Top 30.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG