The online racing simulator
Receive Data from insim
Hi,

I would like to get information from LFS to command my instrument cluster. I found on internet some dll to program with c#. But when I want to connect to outgauge nothing happen, the software I developed cannot receive any information. I configure the file cfg.txt as follows:

OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 40000
OutGauge ID 0

Thank you.
You opened up an InSim port in LFS?

/insim=40000 thisthat?

No stupid firewall systems running?
InSim and OutGauge are two different things, I suggest you rename topic to better describe the problem.

Both common C# libraries have OutGauge support and there should be some examples available... We'd also need to take a look at your code, are you getting any warnings during compiling or errors when your program runs?
Thank you for your answers. It was due of my firewall. MadCatX I would like to use Outgauge, but do I need to run insim server with the command /insim=40000 or do I have to run another server ?

When I run the InSim server, I have this message in the game : "Insim : insim : first byte in packet does not match".

I have already found a program which work. But it crash every time at this command : "outGaugeHandler = new OutGaugeHandler(port);". I think it is because the outgauge server does not exist but I do not know how to do it.
I suggest you read the insim.txt file in the LFS documentation, it describes in detail how to setup and use both InSim and OutGauge.

In a nutshell, InSim and OutGauge are completely different and independent interfaces. InSim uses TCP, OutGauge uses UDP. With InSim you have an actual server (LFS) which listens on a specified port (the one you define with /insim=12345 command) and some clients - for instance your application.
With OutGauge LFS just dumps the OutGauge packets on a specified IP/port and it doesn't care if the packets arrive correctly or if there is anybody to receive them.
I found dll to connect to insim or outgauge: http://insimdotnet.codeplex.com/. I manage to connect to insim and to send messages to the game. But it doesn't work with outgauge. Maybe it is because the dll is out of date (I have lfs 6.0B). Do you know dll which are working with this version ? Or do their is any possibility to get outgauge information through insim ? Finally, when does the data from outgauge are sent ? If I don't use the command lfs /insim=40000 does the outgauge server is on ?
InSim.NET is one of the most up to date libraries available and OutGauge should work fine even with an outdated version. Not being a C# programmer I can only give you some general suggestions. Do you have OutGauge enabled in cfg.txt and is it set to a different port than InSim? You can check if OutGauge is working properly by using any of the numerous mods that utilize it, LFS Dashboard for instance.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG