The online racing simulator
Hello everyone.I'm new !
(12 posts, started )
Hello everyone.I'm new !
Hello everyone.I'm new here and i have some questions.For now i have demo version,but i want to get a full license with all tracks and cars.But i saw on the website that on full version a lot of cars are missing.Some cars i've saw on youtube:Supra,Silvia,350z etc...In the full version i have these cars?
#2 - J@tko
Quote from ViorelP :Hello everyone.I'm new here and i have some questions.For now i have demo version,but i want to get a full license with all tracks and cars.But i saw on the website that on full version a lot of cars are missing.Some cars i've saw on youtube:Supra,Silvia,350z etc...In the full version i have these cars?

Hi Viorel

The cars you've seen on youtube are known as "VOB mods" where the VOB file of the car (which details what it looks like) has been edited to make them look like these other cars - they are the same as the standard LFS cars underneath. It's not allowed to discuss VOB mods on the forum as they're modified content but they are freely downloadable from a quick google search. Be careful that any mods you do use don't affect the collision detection system, which means you'll crash even though no-one has hit you.
Ok.I understand.Like a car mod right?For example you have x car and u replace with y car.This affect the multiplayer game?I mean with these changes can play online?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from ViorelP :Ok.I understand.Like a car mod right?For example you have x car and u replace with y car.This affect the multiplayer game?I mean with these changes can play online?

I'm not 100% sure. Recently Scawen implemented the "CPW" system which checks for mods, and I'm pretty sure this checks for VOB mods. However if your VOB mod has a "check value" that is the same as the normal car then it gets past the check, although maybe this means that it doesn't affect the collision physics. I'm no modder so I'm not sure
I think if you take a VOB-mod online, it allows you to drive as long as the mod does not affect the default collision model. If so, you get OOS - CAR.
Anyway I suggest to keep off mods completely,as this is a racing simulator and not look-with-how-cool-car-I'm-cruising game. Rather enjoy one of the realistic physics and the racing it offers! With modding you will only find troubles...
Quote from Flame CZE :I think if you take a VOB-mod online, it allows you to drive as long as the mod does not affect the default collision model. If so, you get OOS - CAR.

I agree!

Hello ViorelP have a goodtime with LFS and LFS Forum.
Goodbye!
Ok.I understand.I don't want mods just for how they looks,i want for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYu3kTjMVo4 . The engine and the sound and THE TURBO are amazing.So are the engine,sound and turbo in original game?
You could check the description of the video - all info is there. There are no 800 HP cars in LFS (exept BF1 - BMW Sauber F1 car),this power is made with tweak - external program with wich you can change car's parameters,but just for offline play or special modified servers,as in normal ones you'll get banned automaticaly. The car seems original XRT,not sure about that,you can unlock it by buying S1 licence (for that track you need S2 though),sounds can be modified,as it's just clientside feature,it's fully ok,unlike modifying shape with vob mods.
Ok.Thanks for replies.Soon i will become an S2 licensed too .
One question only: if i make some changes with tweak to play offline,i will lose my license?
Quote from ViorelP :One question only: if i make some changes with tweak to play offline,i will lose my license?

No, don't worry. And you can also use tweak online on servers that permit it - they have "modified" in the host list screen
Ok.I understand.Well,thanks for your time and for replies.Have a great day.

Hello everyone.I'm new !
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG