The online racing simulator
Uninstal deletes everything!
(12 posts, started )
Hi,

Last Week i donwload the 6B version, and instal it on my desktop (not in a folder, in the desktop im self) just for try it, when i'm done playing, i just click on the uninstal icon, my problem?? well basically it deletes everything on my desktop, whitout any notice, and now i have some important files missing...
How it horks yours uninstal feature? My files realy are deleted?

Thanks,
Fábio
Part of me thinks fool you for installing on the desktop but then the installer should not do this when uninstalling. Can anyone else confirm this?
Installing software to your desktop folder is incredibly stupid in the first place. The installed deletes everything in the LFS directory to make sure there are no leftover setups or custom skins after uninstallation.

You could try some file recovery software like Recuva, I don't see what else you could do.

Just BTW, putting ANY important files into your desktop folder is a bad, bad habit, I strongly suggest you don't do that...
#4 - Sobis
yah, I once deleted whole my documents folder in my school (including mine and others works).
#5 - Bean0
Just tried installing and uninstalling to see what happened.

I installed to folder LFSTEMP, which I had already created before installing and put a few files into.

Uninstalling emptied the folder, and would also have deleted the folder if I didn't have it open (gave error about already in use), however this is what it says it will do (see attachment).

Maybe it has not been correctly translated into other languages ?

Edit: The box to remove LFS folder was ticked by default.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
See if the files are still in your Recycle Bin, and if so, then open the bin up and highlight the files you want back, and then right click, and choose Restore.
I assume using the Windows restore function would get the files back to the where they belong?
#8 - Bean0
Quote from sinanju :See if the files are still in your Recycle Bin, and if so, then open the bin up and highlight the files you want back, and then right click, and choose Restore.

Nothing went into the Recycle Bin here.
The files didn't go to the recycle bin, and to the ones who call me stupid, i have to say that when you ask a program to instal on the desktop or other folder, usually it creates a new folder inside, in the case of LFS is strange but simply instal directly on the desktop, you say stupid, i say bug...

My files aren't that important, simply random new stuff i didn't have time to store in the rigth place and .txt i use everyday whit infos and reminders, but losing files is allways bad.

Thanks for try to help!

And i hope that the developers watch this problem.
See if with Recuva you can find the folder or some archives (Link: http://www.recuva.com/download/builds) or with other cleared files recuperation program.

When you uninstall a program it clear all. Sometimes not the .reg or .ocx, but i think that LFS haven't .reg's or .ocx's or .dll's and if it have, they aren't important and don't haves any important.

Goodbye!
I try several programs and nothing...

I already move on, thanks everybody.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG