The online racing simulator
Nice and competitive Quali. Cheers.
Was very good quali, was none of problems (expect BC problems)
I enjoyed it and failed it

Cant wait until race,
thanks admins!
Good qually. Didnt have any issues with other cars and everyone was respectful
Afaik 29 teams took part in the qualifying (we missed it sadly) and there is only one space left on the grid?
As in round 1 waiting list teams qualify but are not guarunteed a starting spot.
It would be stupid not to let a team on the 3rd place in champ start due to missing the Q session
Thats true, but if 30 teams has qualifed already, then it is not stupid.
A team shouldn't get a better treatment just because they are higher placed on the standings. The rules are the same for everyone. I'm not sure how they handled it in the past/current season.
A team as professional as yours should be there for Q everyone else made it. What makes you more special than others to start? Jut echoing sasha really...
There are only 29 teams who attended qualification but those echoes said that there is a canditate for the last spot. Deciding whose that last spot is really wise to decide it by looking at the tables.

@James, none of the teams aren't professional in LFS. We don't get any money for playing the game and having fun, are we?
Quote from Kristi :

@James, none of the teams aren't professional in LFS. We don't get any money for playing the game and having fun, are we?

Read that back, you make no sense. Yes none make money but some take it seriously enough to know that they need to qualify for the race to be able to participate in it.
Quote from Mustangman759 :As in round 1 waiting list teams qualify but are not guarunteed a starting spot.

I don't get what are you arguing about, this^^ says it all.
spdo car #1 is not on waiting list, so even if they missed qualifying they are in the race unless they withdraw
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
I thought about this.
Quote :-Race team roster updates (such as adding a new driver to the applicable drivers list) must be done 24 Hours before qualifying start.

We will be reworking the rule book to make it refined and clearer, but this rule states (above quote). All teams who qualified will be allowed to race. The final 30th grid position will be given to the highest points car who confirmed but missed qualifying. All other cars who were on the waiting list/accepted list who confirmed but did not show up to qualifying will be placed on a waiting list if any grid spots appear on race day. The starting grid will be posted later this week.
As for the 24hrs (may be shortened to 6-12 hours) before qualifying confirmation. We will ignore it this round for those who made qualifying. The next round we will not, the penalty will be for late confirmation for qualifying will be loss of qualifying privileges that round.
Quote from vipex123 :A team as professional as yours should be there for Q everyone else made it. What makes you more special than others to start? Jut echoing sasha really...

As Ray said rules says that permanent teams have a priority, and says nothing about non participating in the race if a team hasn't taking part into the Q session.

Btw it is quite the same in every proffessional racing IRL exept special event like Le Mans 24hrs or others 24 hours races where every drivers need to complete an amount of lap during the night. I think you know that in real life professional teams can skip quali because of some technical troubles, these can also happen to sim racing amateur (since we are all amateur) teams.

Then that kind of thing happened in round 1 where many permanent teams didn't attempt in quali and race also so I don't see where the argue is. spdo #03 car will start from the back as I can read in the rules.
yes, but there was also grid space. #03 will start this race by default since they are the highest positioned car that confirmed and did not attend qualifying.
I have no sympathies for people who skip qualifying and do not notify us.
That rule quote is just a example of things we will rework. But we gave our ruling and if you have a problem with it. It is called effort and show up for scheduled sessions.
Truth is, rules don't say anything about that. It is called qualifying because you are qualifying into the race.
p.s. Ray does not dictate specific rules for GT3, he has set general rules which we use mainly for discipline in both our LFS and NHeat leagues.
Quote from Kristi :There are only 29 teams who attended qualification but those echoes said that there is a canditate for the last spot. Deciding whose that last spot is really wise to decide it by looking at the tables.

100% agree with you.
I'm quite confused...

btw Matt we simply forgot both Kristi and I that quali was one week before the race and we were quite focussed because of sgts. That's an error from ourself and anyway we accept any consequences. Now we missed it, it is done so no point at arguing because of that. kristi wanted only to make things clear if we will be allowed to race at the end of the week or not.

Then we apologize for not showing in Q session and all the inconvenience it creats but we simply forgot about it (that's the reason why we didn't notify you, only thing we can do now is apologize and this is exactly what we do here). Anyway starting from the back is already a big penalty (that we deserve). Btw we aren't really used to qualify one week before an event, but be sure it will not happen anymore since starting from the back is dangerous.

Anyway would be quite a good stuff to have clear message from admin because what I have understand is that from one side waiting list is here only to have a full grid if a permanent team cannot do a race, and from the other side we understand that from next event until the end of the season permanent team will still race in priority but if they don't show up in Q, they will be allowed to race only if there are so free spot and if some can't race because of spots, only the best ranked will race. What is the good one?
I think qualifying is one week in advance to force teams to practice earlier.
What can I say? As midlefielder or backmarkers the qualy isn't that important to us. We spend all our time to make a good race set and use to do the qualy on this.
This weekend we never got a chans to qualyify and we knew about it a couple of days before the event. We forgot to notify you guys due to a misunderstanding.

What ever ruling you have done or do we of course accept it. We also want to apologize for our clumsiness.

As I understand from the discussion above we are on a waitinglist?
Quote from Bmxtwins :I think qualifying is one week in advance to force teams to practice earlier.

tbh with you a quick eye on MoE quali show that teams doesn't practise earlier. Ofc there is no second quali one day before the race but still, round 1 quali was few minutes after MoE 24hrs race start, this one was one day before Super GT Series, 3hours of AS classic would be on the same week end as Super GT,...

I know how hard it is to find a schedule for a championship but for drivers that are doing many leagues it is quite difficult to prepare one week before the race and only solution is to, first take each race in sequentialy and then decide which league has a biggest interest/level than the other to organize his practise.

So basically if I take round 1 and round 2 as example my plan was like that :
R1 :
Week 1 (MoE + qual) = MoE training + few laps for Q on friday
Week 2 : rest from 24hrs race + training for R1 race

R2 :
Week 1 (SGTS + qual) = SGTS race training (none for GT3TCC because I was quite busy)
Week 2 (Race) : GT3TCC training
Week 3 : SGTS practise

So basically as I have pretty short time to practise, I have to organize it like Henri Ford organize Ford T factory so the fact that quali is one week before the race doesn't help.

NOTE : This is my statement, I'm aware that the majority of the field has not that planning and isn't as busy as me. Then I don't say "plz change schedule and quali time", when we signed up, we were awared of that and we deal with it.

I don't write that post to flame or whatever, simply give my point of view about your statement about training and give example of someone that have a busy planning due to plenty of league + engineering studies + social life + auto-racing amateur life in rallye.

Would say GT3TCC is now in a maturity age so let's have fun starting from the back Fade we are coming from nowhere
Quote from MoMo92i :I'm quite confused...

btw Matt we simply forgot both Kristi and I that quali was one week before the race and we were quite focussed because of sgts. That's an error from ourself and anyway we accept any consequences. Now we missed it, it is done so no point at arguing because of that. kristi wanted only to make things clear if we will be allowed to race at the end of the week or not.

Then we apologize for not showing in Q session and all the inconvenience it creats but we simply forgot about it (that's the reason why we didn't notify you, only thing we can do now is apologize and this is exactly what we do here). Anyway starting from the back is already a big penalty (that we deserve). Btw we aren't really used to qualify one week before an event, but be sure it will not happen anymore since starting from the back is dangerous.

Anyway would be quite a good stuff to have clear message from admin because what I have understand is that from one side waiting list is here only to have a full grid if a permanent team cannot do a race, and from the other side we understand that from next event until the end of the season permanent team will still race in priority but if they don't show up in Q, they will be allowed to race only if there are so free spot and if some can't race because of spots, only the best ranked will race. What is the good one?

The waitinglist is for that, and it is also for qualifying. If there is room in qualifying I let as many reserve teams in as I can. So too bad if you did not tell us you could not make qualifying and don't make the grid. (this time you guys lucked out...)
Quote from Cawwa :What can I say? As midlefielder or backmarkers the qualy isn't that important to us. We spend all our time to make a good race set and use to do the qualy on this.
This weekend we never got a chans to qualyify and we knew about it a couple of days before the event. We forgot to notify you guys due to a misunderstanding.

What ever ruling you have done or do we of course accept it. We also want to apologize for our clumsiness.

As I understand from the discussion above we are on a waitinglist?

correct, but you will still be put above the other teams on the waiting list (sorted by points) so you should still send a driver in case there is room on the grid. If you send us a notification and the admin staff thinks of it as acceptable we can let your team take a back of the field starting position and hold your spot for you. That must be done before qualifying starts.

@ Morgan's second post, http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76894
our schedule was out long before the schedule of those. No excuses should be made due to an other event, your either here or your there and thats your own fault if you overbook yourself.

@ Bmx's post - qualifying was made then for partially that reason, and the fact that no other days work for me as a admin and I would not want to do it right before the race, that was a mess!
yea I realized that after I posted
Quote from MoMo92i : Fade we are coming from nowhere

Ok, just hurry up so we can bumpdraft
Actually, i deliberately failed qual so you can catch us earlier
Any stream tonight?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG