The online racing simulator
Spin Tires - Vehicle/Track physics sim
(60 posts, started )
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :didnt know about that one...did get stuck yesterday...but after fiddling for 5 min i got myself unstuck

I had the first truck and was on a 70° descend, with my nose pointed down and facing a massive tree... The truck was too weak to push the tree and I couldn't move more than a few cm to the back so after like 5 mins, I did a ragequit and started over.
waasntthis game made by a russian crew o am i thinkin of a different game ?
What a coincidence to see you posting about Spin tires here! I was looking for info on editing DDS files, and google led me back here.

It's quite easy to mod the trucks by manipulating the XML files, my Kamaz currently has balloon tyres, 6x6 with diffs locked, and rear steering.

Been waiting for an hour or something now, but the damn site doesn't show the demo yet for me, and it's slow as feck. Can't wait to play this! I've backed them.

edit: mirror: www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=203055
I liked the demo, though it's a shame they didn't include a cockpit camera yet.

I found the map a bit too limited compared to the old one, but overall I like the hadling, it has not that much of steering delay it previously had
Was doing what seemed to be a hundred miles an hour in 3rd, hit a tiny rut and it dig itself right in :| I left it banked on some sand next to the puddle to the left of the starting position, the tyres sunk all the way in even while the tyres weren't spinning. Seems in general to be quite an excavator . Scenery and tyre deflection looks nice though.
yesssss finally
Is it weird to say that it gets boring after 2 minutes?
ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz
Just too limited this time.
This game looks really good, had a good play with it. Although could do with more content, but to be honest can't complain as its a early demo.

Just love driving down the road, sees trees "na F**k it I'm going to make my own road" and drives right through them

It is cool how some mud is a lot softer then other and you really need to judge where you are in the path or you're stuck.

Maybe in a future version you can have multiple vehicles in use and like tow a stuck truck out the road, would of helped me a lot
Graphics look great, psyhics feel great also. It's more limited this time but I'm hoping for a faster release for the next version.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Was doing what seemed to be a hundred miles an hour in 3rd, hit a tiny rut and it dig itself right in :| I left it banked on some sand next to the puddle to the left of the starting position, the tyres sunk all the way in even while the tyres weren't spinning. Seems in general to be quite an excavator . Scenery and tyre deflection looks nice though.

Yeah behaviour over those small tyre tracks is a bit weird, tiny little soft patch stops a behemoth like that in metres.
Quite fun for a short time. Graphics nice if you cross the lake in the dusk lighting.
I love how the trees and tyres interact when you hit them, very impressive.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I love how the trees and tyres interact when you hit them, very impressive.

Yea, I spent 20 minutes trying to break a tree using wheels. Actually, there is not much else to do since this demo does not contain any gameplay elements.
Already boring after 5 minutes. The physics kinda seem strange though, it feels so scripted while driving...

Spin Tires - Vehicle/Track physics sim
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG