The online racing simulator
Spin Tires - Vehicle/Track physics sim
(60 posts, started )
litterly got bored after 2 minutes. and a big truck not that it wont even crush the uaz,but cant even stand it up from its side. lawl
Oh, they finally got something to do in the game

That video looks amazing, it looks quite promising. Though it looks too expensive to me, though I'll keep an eye on it, maybe it is worth it
preordered
Is that even real? :|
So who's playing this?

I'm not a pc gamer anymore, but i've tried it with a work laptop and it runs almost smooth on highest settings (lenovo t530, i5 something, intel hd4000 graphics).

I really enjoy this game! Took me a good 6 hours to complete one of the maps.
I am
I'd been playing the tech demo for quite some time, even the original version from 2011, but I bought it about a week ago. Really fun game, since I'm an off-road nut. The best part by far has to be the multiplayer, grab a few good friends, pick a map, go out driving for hours. That's priceless.

It does need a fair bit of work, though. It feels somewhat like a demo still, and can get boring if you're playing alone. The maps also need more diversity IMO, it's just mud, mud, mud, mud, and mud. I'd like to see some rocky hills that require more than just a slightly modified Russian truck to navigate. Possibly even a more international feeling map, something from the Northern US, or Canada, a bit more of a lush forest feeling, possibly some snow mixed in. There's a lot than can be explored with the game, they have the base down, they just need to improve the content quality. That will partially be taken care of with mods, of course, but you can't leave everything up to the community.

Also I feel like the damage deserves mention, I find it entirely too easy to damage your vehicle in a lot of situations. For instance, I'll be driving down a road minding my business, then I go over a tiny bump, usually barely noticeable, yet I get double digits in damage. How is that realistic? I can understand when I plow full-speed into a large rock, but come on. It's a bit comical to me.

Now all of the other features seem to be in-check for the most part, the physics do feel a bit heavy and lifeless at some point. But it's not a racing simulator. I mean, you barely get over 20-25mph most of the time. Yes, the physics can be improved, but the question is, should they? They do what they need to, and I think the excellent physics brought forth by the mud, vegetation, and water's behavior kind of makes up for the lack of detailed vehicle physics.

Overall I give the game a 7.5/10. It's worth the $30 I spent on it, simply because it's one of the best off-road oriented games out there. But I can understand why some people are disappointed in it.
Spin Tires is a bit like LFS since there is only one programmer and one 3D artist working on the game. Taking that into account, they did alot of progress since the kickstarter tech demo. They intend to update and improve the game, so it's going to get even better over time.

I've been playing in hardcore mode lately, since casual mode becomes very easy once you gain some expernice.

Spin Tires - Vehicle/Track physics sim
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG