The online racing simulator
I need help with getting a license.
I haven't been to active on the forums, lurking mostly... So I suppose this also counts as an introduction message... So... Eh, hello!

Now, I've been dreaming for a license quite some time now, but never actually succeeded in getting one as my mother is REALLY paranoid about paying anything through internet... Well... My dad promised to buy it to me, but well.. He got shot dead half a year ago, so that option is kinda locked away.

Asked pretty much all my friends if they could help me out a bit but they didn't agree, don't know why tho'...

But.. Please keep the flaming and trolling away from this thread, thanks..!
I believe you can buy a LFS license with paypal.com. You create a paypal account, and then you have the option to transfer money to your paypal account. This can either be done from regular net bank (same way as paying a bill), or even in a physical bank.

In this way, paypal will be a link to hide any credit card or bank account details for potential bad guys. Even if badguys could accsess your paypal account, they can not obtain any money from the credit card or bank account used to transfer the money.
Quote from Skagen :I believe you can buy a LFS license with paypal.com. You create a paypal account, and then you have the option to transfer money to your paypal account. This can either be done from regular net bank (same way as paying a bill), or even in a physical bank.

In this way, paypal will be a link to hide any credit card or bank account details for potential bad guys. Even if badguys could accsess your paypal account, they can not obtain any money from the credit card or bank account used to transfer the money.

I already tried to tell that to my mother, started to babble something about her bank account getting frozen if she uses it.
1. Well show this forum to her. 1000s of us won't be buying license if it was n't safe
2. If you have a friend who is willing to use his credit card to pay for it, then your mother can pay him back in cash.
I don't think you need a Paypal account to buy a license, if I'm not mistaken. That's how I added some extra credit to my account.
You could use moneybookers. Where i live - moneybookers have a partner whose local bank account is being used with the service. So i just transfered the money to that account and worked with those comfirmation codes and got my money to where i needed it. If Finland has one too - it should be simple. All You need is a bank account.
Quote from rageshgr :1. Well show this forum to her. 1000s of us won't be buying license if it was n't safe
2. If you have a friend who is willing to use his credit card to pay for it, then your mother can pay him back in cash.

I said my friends aren't up for it and I suppose my mother is more likely afraid of keyloggers.
Paying with a credit/debit card online is exactly the same process as paying with it in a store. Similar level of security and speed, I've bought tons of stuff with my debit card and never had a problem.

If you really can't use any online payment method, you can use money order to pay for your account. See lfs.net for details.

BTW, how exactly do you expect us to help you? Sending money to LFS devs would be no different than sending money to one of us.

EDIT: There's of course Moneybookers which could be an even better shot as somebody already pointed out.
Quote from manian112 :I said my friends aren't up for it and I suppose my mother is more likely afraid of keyloggers.

Well you are on your home PC right? so keyloggers won't be a risk, unless you are talking about viruses which use the method. Make sure you don't have any viruses, reinstall OS if needed, then as first step buy s2 license :P
Quote from MadCatX :BTW, how exactly do you expect us to help you? Sending money to LFS devs would be no different than sending money to one of us.

He probably expects one of us to be kind enough to spend money on someone with 2 laps and 39 miles of online racing. :rolleyes:
Show her the Privacy Statement section and the rest of the content at the bottom of this link:

http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement

This is showing that there is nothing to worry about.
wow, your dad got shot dead ?

Was that in the news?
Quote from boothy :He probably expects one of us to be kind enough to spend money on someone with 2 laps and 39 miles of online racing. :rolleyes:

Lol, i didn't notice until you mentioned. 2 years, 2 laps
If you want anyone to be kind to you, You've most likely picked the wrong spot.
dennis, that wasnt good enough, be more sarcastic... makes my day
@OP : How old are you?
If you have the money yourself, you can walk to the bank, give them the money and tell them to put them on your account, and make a debit card, like Visa Electron or something, that's what i do.

And also Sean :

Quote from manian112 :http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2011060413836206_uu.shtml
Just an article about it.

And guys, I mostly played offline, but now that my friends started to play online.. Well, I'd like to join them.

And op is 15, can't open up my own bank account, or enable internet payments.

If it was the 1st of the month i would've probably help'd. but so close to xmas and all.... PM in January if you havn't got a license before, otherwise i'll sort u out
Quote from manian112 :
And op is 15, can't open up my own bank account, or enable internet payments.

You wouldn't need a bank account to make a bank transfer. Register at paypal and follow the instructions to send money to your new paypal account.

You would simply go to a bank (doesn't matter which one), ask to make a bank transfer for x amount of money (you can hand the money in cash to the cashier at the bank). In Finland paypal's account is in Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in Helsinki.
Quote from hyntty :You wouldn't need a bank account to make a bank transfer. Register at paypal and follow the instructions to send money to your new paypal account.

You would simply go to a bank (doesn't matter which one), ask to make a bank transfer for x amount of money (you can hand the money in cash to the cashier at the bank). In Finland paypal's account is in Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in Helsinki.

You must be 18 to sign up to PayPal.
Can't you do exactly what hyntty suggested, except use Moneybookers instead of PayPal? I'm sure you don't need a bank account to order a money transfer for which you pay cash.
Quote from Joku123 :You must be 18 to sign up to Moneybookers.

Now that's rather insane, one would think that sending money to someone is not that big a deal. Well, there's still the money order or a classic account to account transfer, which would, however, require manian to find someone trustworthy who would buy the S2 license for him.

Just BTW, I don't think PayPal or MB's would check his actual age if he opened an account just for this one transfer.
He only needs to transfer the money the normal way to a normal bank-account of someone here in this forum. Then this "someone" buys the voucher code online and sends it to him via mail...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG