The online racing simulator
Why is Photoshop doing this?
(28 posts, started )
I never knew why is this happening, this was a perfectly cut circle with Eliptical Marquee tool, and pasted on a new image.. Sometimes it's just flattens the edges like this..

are you sure you select it with shift + click?
If this was AutoCAD i would put in the Command re. but thats not gonna work on photoshop i think :s
What do you mean Shift + click? No if i cut something from one file i always drop it with Move Tool to another image..
The image you cut was probably larger than the boundaries of the file you were working on.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :The image you cut was probably larger than the boundaries of the file you were working on.

Nah I think it has something to do with those interpolation settings. When i cut it it's perfect circle, when i paste it on another file it sometimes gets these flatten edges instead of retaining it rounded.
Quote from Boris Lozac :What do you mean Shift + click? No if i cut something from one file i always drop it with Move Tool to another image..

use the circle select tool and select image with shift + click for a perfect round selection, photoshop usually don't select 1 or 2 pixels inside the selection area that's the reason why you didn't have a nice round image, with this you may lose a few pixels but it's going to be a perfect circle

if you want to be precise use two guidelines, grab them to the edge of the object and start the selection where the to guidelines met each other
Not sure if i understand you, what is circle select tool? If you mean Shift + as to keep it proportional/perfect circle, i do that offcourse.
Only other thing I can think of is that Photoshop has the nasty habit of making images look like crap when not at round zoom numbers (12.5,25,50,75,100, for example all look fine. Anything in between looks like hell). Are you viewing the image at 100%?

Short of that I have no idea what else might be the issue, as you say it was a circle to begin with.
Hehe, i'm playing with Photoshop for like 10 years now on semi/amateur level so it's not things like that But this is bothering me for a while now, it butcheres things so randomly sometimes..

annoys the **** out of me too. i just utilize creative cropping lol
Attached images
PS.jpg
Does it matter when you put the markers? I know how to make the circle, problem comes when i drag that on to another image, edges get corrupted.
i always shift+drag, to get a circle (otherwise you just get a retarded ellipse unless your handeyecoordination is second to none)
still leaves the sides ****ed, with le marquee, guides or not
So there's no solution for this?
#16 - JJ72
leave some margin when selecting?
i just realized that the part of the circle i posted is actually okay O_O
Quote from Fuse5 :i just realized that the part of the circle i posted is actually okay O_O

yep, that's why i didn't understand why you told that it wasn't okay
haha, i was tired last night

but yea, i do get the issue sometimes
>_>
Think i probably should've mentioned that most often it happens if i resize that circle.
Photoshop is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from pixel perfect or accurate tool.

I mean, Photoshop doesn't even know how to mirror or turn stuff in 90 degree angles and the problems have been documented. Adobe does not know how to code simple stuff to save their lives/company and it shows.

So, you just probably stumbled on some rounding error of some sort. As far as I know PS uses inches as its internal units so rounding errors are plentiful.
Quote from spankmeyer :

I mean, Photoshop doesn't even know how to mirror or turn stuff in 90 degree angles and the problems have been documented. Adobe does not know how to code simple stuff to save their lives/company and it shows.

I don't know what Creative Suite version your using but dam that was dumb of you to say.
Since in CS5 as well as CS5,5 you can easily mirror the layer you are currently working in.

And that is from me a creative Desktop Publisher who has done work for companies like: NatGeo, Discovery and Hunkemoler.
While NatGeo and Hunkemoler are companies I still hire my services to.

Although I'll agree with the fact that it is far from accurate, but that is why we have Illustrator and Indesign.
So long story short want perfect high quality logos circles rainbows or just arty stuff use Illustrator!

Vector for the WIN!!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I don't know what Creative Suite version your using but dam that was dumb of you to say.
Since in CS5 as well as CS5,5 you can easily mirror the layer you are currently working in.

And that is from me a creative Desktop Publisher who has done work for companies like: NatGeo, Discovery and Hunkemoler.
While NatGeo and Hunkemoler are companies I still hire my services to.

Although I'll agree with the fact that it is far from accurate, but that is why we have Illustrator and Indesign.
So long story short want perfect high quality logos circles rainbows or just arty stuff use Illustrator!

Vector for the WIN!!

Well, duh, I know there's transformation tools, rotation and the crap but I now for a fact that PS is mostly unable to do transformations, mirroring and rotation with pixel perfect aliasation. Not sure if you ever tried to do pixel perfect design, for, say iOS UI but it's frankly a pain in the ass with shoddy Adobe software.

I eat junior designer for breakfast and crap out smart objects daily so your out of your depth boy.
Quote from spankmeyer :Well, duh, I know there's transformation tools, rotation and the crap but I now for a fact that PS is mostly unable to do transformations, mirroring and rotation with pixel perfect aliasation. Not sure if you ever tried to do pixel perfect design, for, say iOS UI but it's frankly a pain in the ass with shoddy Adobe software.

I eat junior designer for breakfast and crap out smart objects daily so your out of your depth boy.

Well we could start a rant about how adobe sucks and we al need quarkxpres?
If that is what you are on about.

And to be really honest with you yes there are alot of design flaws in the adobe programs.
Like where I have to actually click duplicate layer, instead of just ctrl-c or applekey-c.

Which for me is about the most annoying flaw of PS.
So basically i noticed that the more you have to reduce the object (circle in this case), the more edges will get corrupted. Like reduce it 3, 4 times the original size. What works is that i first resize the original file i want to cut from (image/resize), then cut out the shape and paste it to another image.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG