The online racing simulator

Poll : Should the max number of people allowed in a server be increased?

Yes
No
Should the max number of people allowed in a server be increased?
yes
no
Even worse T1's? Nothx.
No. Plenty of people now. I just think more people will cause for more lag.

What is your own reason why it should (not) be increased?
#5 - J@tko
Only if there were more racing slots. I find it hard to believe even NDR could fill 15 spectator spots with admins/stream/commentators
How often does one see the "Host is full" message these days anyway?
Why not?
For endurance races and such it could be interesting. 50+ car grids would be intersting.
By that time this is implented we can hope that dual core support has arrived
Quote from The Very End :By that time this is implented we can hope that dual core support has arrived

wait so my quad core is basically useless for LFS?
Quote from Bmxtwins :wait so my quad core is basically useless for LFS?

Yes. LFS doesn't support hyper-threading (is that the right word?!!) so it just uses one core. But you could say that anything else running won't affect LFS as it can use the other cores.

It is. LFS does only utilize single core usage atm.
Scawen mentioned some time back that they are thinking of adding dual core (quad too probally) utilizing in the future.

Yes,this means your e-penis is quite long,but isn't able to rise higher than smaller ones...
i want 64 player deatmatch in lfs
Quote from e2mustang :i want 64 player deatmatch in lfs

Skidpad!

60 cars + 4 spec slots would be good for endurance racing. Of course we would never get that field unless this field size update came with S3.
wouldnt mind more cars. theres the occasional league that gets more than enough people to fill the grid.
Quote from Mustangman759 :theres the occasional league that gets more than enough people to fill the grid.

Like Super GT with 45 confirmations,well,15 are cut out now...
Which will be broadcasted starting in 90 minutes, stay tuned!
No. Because with 32 players lag + fps drops + bad internet.
Who wouldn't love to have more cars in a race?

That said, 32 cars is already a huge grid and the developers have more important things to do, so no.
Quote from J@tko :Only if there were more racing slots. I find it hard to believe even NDR could fill 15 spectator spots with admins/stream/commentators

challenge accepted

anyways. For now 32 is a very good number. I remember times with just 20 cars being able to race. With 43 we could mimic NASCAR Racing :P but well due to the fact that the lag is not your friend but your enemy I doubt we should think of increasing it as for now.
Quote from Eclipsed :Like Super GT with 45 confirmations,well,15 are cut out now...

and LFSCART (and GTAL and the 16hours race)
It would be nice but there are these technical problems:

1. Even my PC which is getting like 350FPS single drive cant handle so well t1 when there are 20 cars +
2. Connection issues for sure
3. The mass of people who want to win at t1 will just cause a nice crash.

I would like to see that personally but at first, point 1 and 2 needs to be right.
pont 1 and 2,get a better pc and better internet. same for audi TT
That solves nothing.
PC is good enough for modern games so it should have no problems with lfs but as someone said it isnt really optimized for these PCs potential.

Not everyone can have a stable connection. And if there wont be on every place optic fiber connection there always be many people without stable connection.
With a computer there is no problem.
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250, 3.00 GHz.
Ram 2.00 Gb.
The GeForce GTS 250 1Gb.

Internet ADSL 1,2 mb/s (the maximum was 800 kb/s). In some regions of Russia is not so all is well with the internet, compared to the United States.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG