The online racing simulator
Round 3 - South City Long (SO4) - Drivers' Briefing & Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

Welcome to Round 3 of the Super GT Series!

We have a number of things to discuss before the racing gets underway, so have a look at the categories below:

1. Rule changes

There has been one rule change since Round 2. It is fully explained here. Please read!

2. Start Procedure

The start and restart procedures are unchanged from Round 2, with the exception of the rule change mentioned above (SC speed always 60mph/100kph).

As usual, we will be asking the polesitter in each class which side of the grid they prefer to start from.

Also, the GT500 leader should keep Rule I2.2 in line:

Quote :2.2) After crossing the restart line, the leader may return to full race pace. Once the leader has returned to race pace, the green flag will be displayed.

3. Weather

Per rule B4, a random number draw is used to determine whether low wind will be used. If the number drawn is odd, wind is used; if even, wind is not used.

The number drawn for this round was 20. There will be no wind for the qualifying heat race, qualifying, or the race.

4. Penalties

In the Super GT Series, all protests are ruled upon after the event. Post-race penalties may be given in the form of time penalties, points penalties, or grid position penalties. Post-race time penalties will be as follows:

DT: 14s
SG: 28s

5. Qualifying Heat Race

The grid for the Qualifying Heat Race is as follows:

GT500:

1. #07 CoRe Racing 2. #03 Sonicrealms Racing
3. #09 Last Lap Motorsports 4. #25 South of Heaven
5. #24 Spirit Racing Team 6. #14 PlayerZone
7. #23 Wicked Racing Team 8. #26 LFS France

GT300:

1. #64 GTS Motorsport 2. #63 Piri Motorsport
3. #57 Last Lap Motorsports 4. #70 Scuderia Gas Racing Team
5. #68 The Danish Racing Team 6. #75 Glowing Pistons
7. #81 Mafia Racing 8. #69 Hellenic Racing Team
9. #76 Tiger Express Motorsports 10. #78 GraVt Racing Team
11. #55 Team Vires 12. #54 Conquest Racing
13. #74 Avārijas Brigāde 14. #73 Sex Tourism Organizers
15. #67 Bulgaria Motorsport Team 16. #80 Turkish Racing Development
17. #82 Gnarly Racing

The top 5 finishers in each class will be allowed to participate in the official qualifying and race sessions.

*** If you do not finish in the top 5 in your class in the Qualifying Heat Race, DO NOT attempt to participate in qualifying. ***

Please keep Rule F5.1 in mind:

Quote :F5.1: Protests may be lodged regarding incidents that occur during the qualifying heat races, but these too will be judged after the event has been completed. Penalties resulting from these incidents may range from grid penalties, to points penalties, to exclusion from the feature race results.

6. Qualifying Servers

We will use two qualifying servers, one for GT500 and one for GT300:

Super GT Series = GT500
Super GT Series Backup = GT300
Will be tweeting at wkd's twitter about the race from our side.
My stupid screen stopped working while I was spinning
Thank you #81. Hope so you enjoy!
Y we can't make to the top 5?
Horrible track and horrible driving.. Well, small amount of practice and I really hate SO, so this is what to except..

Anyways, Reno will do better

BTW, wtf #23?
arox, destroyed my race :|
#8 - Kova.
Well so, if all drivers are like that on all races, all championships confused, so i'll be like that on futures races.
Quote from Kova. :Well so, if all drivers are like that on all races, all championships confused, so i'll be like that on futures races.

If you have issues with specific pieces of driving and it is worthy of a protest then please do, otherwise you are simply saying that you have no problem with it.
Sorry Genuine Racing GT300
Quote from gangsteer : i dont know what u talking about...

You took his teammate out of the race in 18th lap during the qualifying heat race, that's what he is talking about. There was some weird lag, something very similar to what happened to me. Distance between cars was 1-2m, but your lag still hit him and he got thrown out of TOP5 at the sharp turn/2nd sector.
Omg, #63. Sorry, but that's lag issues.
I asked to myself if i push u, but, in my replay i didnt see it.
Nooooooooooooooooooo, Reno drove over 1hr How was this possible?

Anyways, I still want to say thank you Reno in this from whole team, you had great pace and we are greatful from your willinges to help..
Quote from JackDaMaster :Include the following in your protest
• Final lap (61)
• 06 and 82
• final sector motorway straight
• GT500 car 06 drives straight into the back of me (GT300 car 82) on the straight. I was leaving him the outside and he didnt get out of the draft in time and killed me.

Mitz said in spdo irc that he have seen lag from you.

Quote from mitz @spdo IRC :<mitz> some GT3 got lag infront of me, dissapread, then appeared again and I ****ed him in the ass

I can't believe it! We've finished the race (gt300) without any problems!:throwrose

EDIT: Congrats to the winners of both the classes.
#17 - Emyn
Quote from Ghost_CZ :I can't believe it! We've finished the race (gt300) without any problems!:throwrose

Yeah same, but it was so close because I had 0.1% fuel left after finish line Anyway, good race!
Damn. What a race! Could be better just a bit though, but still I'm satisfied with my performance.
Quote from boothy :If you have issues with specific pieces of driving and it is worthy of a protest then please do, otherwise you are simply saying that you have no problem with it.

So, we can protest against drivers that didnt slow down a phew in case to avoid a crash?

That's what i've done because i saw Joku and a FZR having contact and dancing, and suddenly, it was the orgy on my back..

It's just not the 1st race where it happen... That's becomming annoying
I just also wanna say that there was a big mess of what I said to the organizers pre-race. It is indeed a problem that there's not any statement in the Rulebook of how a GT300 should let a GT500 pass. GT300 drivers think they're eligible to not even look at the mirrors when a GT500 comes nearby, just because they are doing their own race.
In multiclass racing, GT3 can hold their line. And by the way, thank you Piotr :throwrose
Quote from Kristi :It is indeed a problem that there's not any statement in the Rulebook of how a GT300 should let a GT500 pass.

Rules,section K,no rocket science for a noob like me though...
It is about the blue flags within the same class. Also, if it was applied to blue flags between GT500 and 300, then I still met about 5-6 unfair reactions to the blue flag throughout the race. Most of them just closing the line even if I put the nose in there.
At least I thought there is no difference if lapping same or other class. In case you feel treated unfair,there's a protest thread,as you know...
tbh I prefer reading the end of the rules about that...common sense guys! There is no need to dive in the hairpin, both cars are loosing time and tbh GT300 were in general better than GT500 in the hairpin.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG