The online racing simulator
Usual race lenght in S2?
(19 posts, started )
Usual race lenght in S2?
I have been planning to get a license for quite a while now and it looks like i can afford it after all

So how racing is done on S2 servers? I mean in demo every server is running a 5 lap race (i have had an 8 lap race only twice) and it would be fun to participate in a longer race (not talking about league racing )

Speak about your feelings when you bought an S2 license and entered an S2 server too!
Quote from marsaz :Speak about your feelings when you bought an S2 license and entered an S2 server too!

"OMG, S2 is so coool... Woohooo..."
Quote from PLAYLIFE :"OMG, S2 is so coool... Woohooo..."

that actually makes sense lol
Most public, connect-and-race, servers run 5 lap races, although you can find ones that run longer races.

For the real thing (one hour races for instance) you really have no choice but to look into organised (league or single event) races but there are so many of them that it can hardly be a problem to find one that suits you.
#5 - Fetzo
yep i think 5lap and 10 lap servers are tyical (depends a lot on the length of the track) approx. 15-30 minutes
Most servers run races up to 10 minutes - but u may be lucky and find some long races. Yesterday I joined a qualysession on Blackwood with XFR and then we did a 40 lap race
#7 - JTM29
I had a 15 lap racing today around AS nat, it was pretty good, and ive had longer races like 20-30 lap races
Quote from marsaz :
So how racing is done on S2 servers? I mean in demo every server is running a 5 lap race (i have had an 8 lap race only twice) and it would be fun to participate in a longer race (not talking about league racing )

You can join events, the ATC 60 lap GP for example.
I think, the DRT Racing Server #1 (dont know the name exactly) is set to 20 laps with the GTRs on AS National. Thats the longest race distance, I ever saw on a public server.
I was in a 4 hour race once, but never more...

My computer crashed at 3 hour and 50 min ...thats why...never more..
Quote from zeugnimod :I think, the DRT Racing Server #1 (dont know the name exactly) is set to 20 laps with the GTRs on AS National. Thats the longest race distance, I ever saw on a public server.

There has been 30-40 lap servers here and there at times through the 1 year + I've been racing, but the majority is 5-7 with some 10 lappers in there.

I ran a few of the 20 lappers at DRT this weekend, but there was only a few of us and laptimes were about 2 seconds apart per racer. Not very close racing and really boring.

League racing is the ticket for long races. They are organized and usually much better/closer racing. I happen to like the 5-7 lap public racing in the weekday evenings as I only log on for an hour or two.
:bewarespa
Quote from marsaz :... I mean in demo every server is running a 5 lap race (i have had an 8 lap race only twice) ...

Not quite all of them. The "Bremskiller" servers run 15 lap races with one required pit stop.
The problem with running a longer race on a public server is that people join and leave constantly. You get a huge mix of drivers from the alien, to the first-time driver. You get a lot of problems with some drivers just wanting to practice mixing with people who are actually in the race. It works out sometimes, but I have rarely seen a longer public race where more than a few cars actually finish the race, the rest either get bored and leave or just wreck out.

We do run occasional public races that are longer. We announce them on this forum, so they are semi-planned. We will usually lock the server down once qualifying is done so people can't join.

We also run some medium length races on a pickup basis. But, you really need an admin there the entire time to make sure things are running smoothly.

So, long races are best left to organized efforts. They rarely work well on public servers.
thx for your replys i think it is 95% clear that i'll buy it in next 5 days
#15 - JJ72
I have seen 25laps of kyoto national with LRF,forgot which room it is though.
ive noticed in last week that there seem to be more 20 lap bf1 races at blackwood now

probably due to lap times being so short and wanting a decent race

thinking about it i bet i took longer to do my first 5 laps in demo than what it takes to do 20 in bf1
Finally:D
Just bought it and did 200 km in a FOX and BF1
THIS GAME IS JUST WOOOAAAHH!!!

going back to play around with fox, liking it very much!
heeyy Grats :-D

FOX is awesome, if you want some really close but still fast racing the XFR or the UFR rocks to :-)
Quote from marsaz :Speak about your feelings when you bought an S2 license and entered an S2 server too!

My feelings werent so good at the beginning. I tried wrong cars like GTR's or RA and for the first hour I was thinking. Damn the demo was so good and the full version is worse than that. But during that week I was trying to get use to this slipping cars. Now I think there is no better game and I will never leave LFS.

Yes, yes I know I was acting stupid lol.

Usual race lenght in S2?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG