The online racing simulator
too many ass hats
(24 posts, started )
too many ass hats
Hell with it. Too many ass hats in this game. Cya.
Oh dear.
And the point of this is..?
Dude, check out our replies to your previous threads, don't give up now, you are missing some great fun, Come to ![amg] gti motorsport today. Tell me when you are coming, I will be there, and make sure you are well treated
Quote from MJL1966 :Hell with it. Too many ass hats in this game. Cya.

Sad but true, not everyone on LFS behaves as you would expect. This is not issolated to LFS, its an issue in most online multi-player games. The act of being a troll extends back far beyond gaming communities...

Having a demo licence does make the issue worse, users on demo tend to care less about others! I could suggest buying a s2 licence to avoid these types of users. I am sure most of the community will back me up when I say s2 drivers are overall, better drivers!

In summary, nobody is keeping you at lfs, you do that yourself. If your not 100% satisfied, find another game!

But really, best thing to do is ignore ass hats as all they want is to get your attention and annoy you, currently your letting them win. Chin up, skin up!

O hai der.
> implying a thread like this does not make you an ass hat.
Quote from rageshgr :Dude, check out our replies to your previous threads, don't give up now, you are missing some great fun, Come to ![amg] gti motorsport today. Tell me when you are coming, I will be there, and make sure you are well treated

Fewer ass hats on this track, but that is where I met my last straw. AA demo is even worse.

I'm surprised at the number of ppl who responded here. Shocked, actually. Typical response to noob hat throwing a hissy is "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out the door."

Childish, yes. Warranted, absolutely. I took the time to prepare. And got screwed anyway.

You want new blood in this game? Police your fellow veterans. There is a split crowd here. There are the very cool vets like mcs mad max who use their brake pedals and say encouraging things. (And ... this is important... manage to get past me without tossing me off the track. Imagine that) Then there are the "others" who go out of their way to haze new drivers. Maybe that's the culture. Maybe that's the initiation process that works. But it is 180 out from the spirit of this forum and the documents describing how you expect this community to behave.

Yes, their are ass hats in every online gaming community. But with racing, it's far more damaging. A good race requires a very high degree of cooperation and it only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone. One could argue that a beginner like me is one of those who ruin it for others, but there is a difference between trying to get with the program and deliberately punishing those with less skill. Trying real hard to improve? Screw you, I'm going to run you off the track until you're as fast as me.

Some argue that new drivers should practice off line until they get their lap time up to a certain level. The problem there is lap speed is only about 40% of the equation. Racing with the pack is a whole different skill set, far more important and only obtainable by driving on line. The unavoidable truth is new drivers are going to have a learning curve and the only way to get through it is to get on the track with others. This is why we have clean driving rules - so people don't run slower drivers off the track.

Some could also argue that "pros" who don't know how - or don't have the discipline - to control their speed and line to compensate for slower drivers aren't as good as they think they are. I've found that taking my foot off the gas and even using the brake pedal on a straight to stay behind a slower driver works great. Sooner or later, you will catch them in a position where you can pass safely. Patience is a skill, too.

What we really need is a graduated track system. There is that first round of skill improvement where you go from spending most of your time in the dirt to a good lap with a clean line and a time of about 1.45 or more. Then there's 1.40 and then the elusive 1.30. Tracks set up for three or four well-known milestone lap times with qualifying and accumulated driving time requirements would help new drivers work their way up without getting in the way of the pros.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins : See below posts.
MJL1966, glad you found fewer asshats at AMG, but mocking and passing sarcastic remarks on the people like me (and everyone else who replied to this thread with +ve comments) who are trying to help you out is not appreciated.
Quote from MJL1966 :Fewer ass hats on this track, but that is where I met my last straw. AA demo is even worse.

I'm surprised at the number of ppl who responded here. Shocked, actually. Typical response to noob hat throwing a hissy is "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out the door."

Childish, yes. Warranted, absolutely. I took the time to prepare. And got screwed anyway.

You want new blood in this game? Police your fellow veterans. There is a split crowd here. There are the very cool vets like mcs mad max who use their brake pedals and say encouraging things. (And ... this is important... manage to get past me without tossing me off the track. Imagine that) Then there are the "others" who go out of their way to haze new drivers. Maybe that's the culture. Maybe that's the initiation process that works. But it is 180 out from the spirit of this forum and the documents describing how you expect this community to behave.

Yes, their are ass hats in every online gaming community. But with racing, it's far more damaging. A good race requires a very high degree of cooperation and it only takes one or two to ruin it for everyone. One could argue that a beginner like me is one of those who ruin it for others, but there is a difference between trying to get with the program and deliberately punishing those with less skill. Trying real hard to improve? Screw you, I'm going to run you off the track until you're as fast as me.

Some argue that new drivers should practice off line until they get their lap time up to a certain level. The problem there is lap speed is only about 40% of the equation. Racing with the pack is a whole different skill set, far more important and only obtainable by driving on line. The unavoidable truth is new drivers are going to have a learning curve and the only way to get through it is to get on the track with others. This is why we have clean driving rules - so people don't run slower drivers off the track.

Some could also argue that "pros" who don't know how - or don't have the discipline - to control their speed and line to compensate for slower drivers aren't as good as they think they are. I've found that taking my foot off the gas and even using the brake pedal on a straight to stay behind a slower driver works great. Sooner or later, you will catch them in a position where you can pass safely. Patience is a skill, too.

What we really need is a graduated track system. There is that first round of skill improvement where you go from spending most of your time in the dirt to a good lap with a clean line and a time of about 1.45 or more. Then there's 1.40 and then the elusive 1.30. Tracks set up for three or four well-known milestone lap times with qualifying and accumulated driving time requirements would help new drivers work their way up without getting in the way of the pros.

There are quite many bad demo drivers out there, unfortunately. But not all fast people drives others off the track. I'd suggest you to buy S2 and try out some league-racing. The racing there is some of the best, where drivers are penalized if they drive unsporting. These series are usually driven by fast drivers though, but I am pretty sure there are people out there who can assist you with setups and practicing. If you want some tips, you can just throw me a PM.

-Tommy
Everywhere you're having to do with people, it's inavoidable that you meet idiots. That's just how the world turns nowadays. If you want to keep away from ass hats, keep away from humans. Hide in your basement and catch some rats.
Quote from MJL1966 :manage to get past me without tossing me off

He literally wrote that, I haven't changed anything. Yeah I've been drinking but hey it's... Wednesday? Probably Wednesday.
The only way to drive with no problems in demo, is:

1) Drive fast enough to be far from bad racers.

2) Avoid the bad racers.

At T1, from 6th to behind, will be a complete mayhem... You need to find a good line to avoid who spins at exit and avoid who goes wide.

If you are in front of a big pack of faster drivers, they gonna hit you, maybe not on purpose, but because they want to go faster and need to pass you.

Its racing things, you need to be fast enough to be far from crashers, and for dont disturb the race...

Also, people gets irritated too, and drive aggressively. This is hard racing, people wont get you all the space, sometimes being unfair...

All that i can say, is: Happens. Even at top categories like F1, Indy and GT...
The demo races are only 3 to 5 laps long, so it's not the end of the world if you get shunted off. I think people generally cry about it a little too much and sometimes the incidents in the first few turns can be quite funny (well to me). I've also found that learning to avoid the carnage and staying out of trouble, if practiced enough, can gain you places because a fair of the faster drive have their setups rigged up so much on the edge that they often fly off, the minute they go off their racing line. Plus, people overtaking, need to remember that the peripheral vision on LFS is not the same as in a car, so it's better to give consideration to that. Especially to people doing 1.19 round blackwood demo circuits.

Maybe it's just luck but I've never found it as bad as some people post on here
Quote from MJL1966 :Fewer ass hats on this track, but that is where I met my last straw. AA demo is even worse.

if you buy s2, things don't improve... Deal with it broski.
Quote from englishlord :The demo races are only 3 to 5 laps long, so it's not the end of the world if you get shunted off.

Yeah it's ridiculous... Three lap 'races'

Quote from rageshgr :but mocking and passing sarcastic remarks on the people like me (and everyone else who replied to this thread with +ve comments) who are trying to help you out is not appreciated.

Ass hat himself. Well, I didn't expect that *coughs*
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah it's ridiculous... Three lap 'races'

look at your demo empty as nothingness
Yup, does not seem that I care do I?

How did that happen? I started hosting a successful demo server two years back with some friends and had lots of fun. The server was full every evening and everybody was driving quite nice.

Actually I feel very sad to read that AA also is dying. Sounds like demo is becoming the ultimate junkplace of LFS. (And thats a bad development).
Actually that guys seems to have left, we are just flogging a dead horse :P, including thi post
There were plenty of full servers when I started going online in mid-2008-ish, but it's now a rare thing to see more than 1 full public server since CTRA closed. It wasn't just people losing hope on the VWS postponement.
Dont exaggerate, there are enough full demo servers 24/7
But sadly just a few full S2 servers.

And everywhere on Youtube, you can find crackers!

I wish LFS would get a good new update soon, and advertise a lot with it somewhere.

This would bring so many back I guess.
#24 - PoVo
lol wtf?!

too many ass hats
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG