The online racing simulator
Season 1: Standings after Round 6

Here are the standings after Round 6 @ Fern Bay Gold
#2 - IMOL
\o/!!! Poland FTW!
Can you tell the point system, because it is amazing how only 6 teams have points
Quote from krkriv :Can you tell the point system, because it is amazing how only 6 teams have points

Yes please, since it's not 25,20,17.... as stated in "points system" thread nor it's 25,20,17... per each of the three races?
Its F1 style between drivers and then I added up points of drivers inside the countries, and that's how i got the final points. Only people of 6 countries scored points. Imol and Joe were dominating the first round.
WTF!? F1 style is to gain points from 1st to 10 , isn't it?
Read and understand.
Quote from Kristi :Its F1 style between drivers and then I added up points of drivers inside the countries, and that's how i got the final points.

Yes, but wasn't it more logical to add all nation's points first, since this is Nations World League, and then rank them and give them 25,20,17...?

It just isn't logical to have a F1 points system where, after first race, leader has 39 points . We are not fighting here for Driver's Championship too, as they do in F1.
Gathering from this, I'm guessing if next race lets say GBR finishes 1-2, then they will get 45 points from that round? Basically it isn't averaging the score of the nation's cars, but more a team championship renamed to nations?

I'm just asking for the consistency of points for the series. Either you have to give points per car (like you are), or points per nation (as sermilan states), but don't mix it up throughout the season.
It surely won't be mixed up. We might choose either one to avoid confusion. BUT. Even if it would be a team championship renamed to a nations champ. How does it make any difference? It's still a race between nations.
We might wanna work on the F1 style point system though and give better results to the worse nations too.
well ... only 6 teams out of something lie 15 got points. Seems rather silly to me
What i think you should do is give points (f1 system or whatever) per nation per round based on results of both nations drivers together. Thats pretty simple and fair.

Quote from Kristi :Even if it would be a team championship renamed to a nations champ. How does it make any difference?

Here is whats the difference: the points system you choose where you make accent on drivers will split number of nations that gain points in each round on about half, so you will get 5 nations that get gazillion points and other 10+ that get null (not 0, null, like they don't participate at all, judging by your standings table). So you get situation where in first round you have Bulgaria that had driver in top 10 in 2 out of 3 races, and Belgium that had top10 driver in race 3 but they haven't got any points
After 2 or 3 rounds, points difference will be so big that other, non top5-6-7 nations, will loose interest in participating in this league and you will get 10-15 cars per race in league. Don't believe me? Look at how many drivers finished each race in round 1: 27 - 21 - 16. They lost interest because they realized they get nothing because drivers on top are too fast and only top10 drivers get points. Now after the race when you changed(?) points system they realize that even if they are in top 10 there is a solid chance they don't get any points for their country like Bulgaria and Belgium..
My point is, if you don't reward much more nations for participating, they will have nothing to race for..
Quote from Kristi :We might wanna work on the F1 style point system though and give better results to the worse nations too.

When? League is in progress, you can't change something basic like points system after every race.. Thats ridiculous! You should have sorted that out before league start, not improvising during league
Quote from fadeaway :

When? League is in progress, you can't change something basic like points system after every race.. Thats ridiculous! You should have sorted that out before league start, not improvising during league

We did think about everything before starting the league.
What we are doing, is to make the league customer friendly, and we are not ignorant bastards who do not take driver's opinion into account.
We do, and now that we have been given negative feedback of the current points system, we will change it. Simple as that.
IMO we also should do the points for Round 1 again as it would be unfair to keep going from now with the old ones..
Quote from Hahmo :We did think about everything before starting the league.
What we are doing, is to make the league customer friendly, and we are not ignorant bastards who do not take driver's opinion into account.
We do, and now that we have been given negative feedback of the current points system, we will change it. Simple as that.
IMO we also should do the points for Round 1 again as it would be unfair to keep going from now with the old ones..

It also helps alot to know why the point standings are the way they are... sothat you see it. http://newdimensionracing.com/ ... WS/2011/Round4_Points.png this gives you an impression where you lost points, where you gained points...

I don't understand to be honest, why there is a debatte about "scoring teams or nations"... well this is a series with national teams. Every nation starts under the same sporting conditions, and the pure results of a nation decide. Please enlighten me what you mean with it
Every, even the current point systems are fair. It starts to be unfair if we'd use different system to each round, which won't happen.
I didn't know the points system going into the race. More info needs to be posted here IMO.

Why not change the points and make it retroactive and proactive for all further races.

It starts to be unfair when only

1/3 of the grid receives points. What about the other 2/3 who competed?
Quote from Bmxtwins :I didn't know the points system going into the race. More info needs to be posted here IMO.

Why not change the points and make it retroactive and proactive for all further races.

It starts to be unfair when only

1/3 of the grid receives points. What about the other 2/3 who competed?

Pointsystem was announced on the NWL-Forum quiet some time ago. It is pretty normal that only a part of the field scores points here in europe. E.g. all World Championships. Well the positive side about such a point system is that you can reduce the gap faster then in a system where everyone recieves points.
Quote from TFalke55 :you can reduce the gap faster then in a system where everyone recieves points.

That. Your point system wasn't overthought also, LLM team. Sorry, but it's been critized also and you haven't changed it.

Anyway, we listen to the ideas, and will change it but don't make us hurry. We don't have time to sort this kinda stuff out on weekdays.

Also, don't whine just because you are at the back and not getting points for a pretty weak performance. You know, rules are not made for you. They're made for the whole season of this league.

Quote :Don't believe me? Look at how many drivers finished each race in round 1: 27 - 21 - 16. They lost interest because they realized they get nothing because drivers on top are too fast and only top10 drivers get points. Now after the race when you changed(?) points system

Logically, you didn't even understand the point system. How would they have lost interest in race meanwhile. That's just an excuse to begin with.
Also, we didn't change it meanwhile, yet. Just to let you know, this was planned months ago.

You can only win if you are fast, and to be in top 10 in such a strong grid, you have to work for it really. Should it be my problem that you don't get any points for bad performances.
Quote from Kristi :That. Your point system wasn't overthought also, LLM team. Sorry, but it's been critized also and you haven't changed it.

Anyway, we listen to the ideas, and will change it but don't make us hurry. We don't have time to sort this kinda stuff out on weekdays.

Also, don't whine just because you are at the back and not getting points for a pretty weak performance. You know, rules are not made for you. They're made for the whole season of this league.

Logically, you didn't even understand the point system. How would they have lost interest in race meanwhile. That's just an excuse to begin with.
Also, we didn't change it meanwhile, yet. Just to let you know, this was planned months ago.

You can only win if you are fast, and to be in top 10 in such a strong grid, you have to work for it really. Should it be my problem that you don't get any points for bad performances.

This league is not battle only for the top places. There are some countries that can't be on the top level, and they're fighting in the middle of the standings. And how you can pretend for that Top 10 are good, when countries like mine(2 out of 3 races) and Belgium in 1 race don't have points! You should think about this kind of stuff before the league start. But...was fun anyway I saw a lot of clean racing between the top teams
I am finally home and working out a new point system to satisfy you guys.
Updated first post with new point system. As of now I summed up overall result of the 3 races to each drivers, I added those points up to their countries, made the order based on that and gave points to countries. Even 0 point order has meaning, down from 10th to 15th
Quote from Kristi :That. Your point system wasn't overthought also, LLM team. Sorry, but it's been critized also and you haven't changed it

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying.
No updates on standings yet?
Waiting for Miro to sum the results up with all the penalties etc... I can't do anything till then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG