The online racing simulator
V8 Bathurst 1000
(32 posts, started )
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :All the cars have basically the same chassis. So what makes the Vodafone car consistently faster than the other teams? Whenever I watch V8, it's always the 888/88 car at the front.

Better drivers? Better engineers who can go far more borderline towards the rules? Better strategists? Better mechanics who can change the tires quicker?
I'd say Lowndes and Whincup are a big part of their success... Also, they invest heavily in talent, like snatching Burgess from Jim Bean Racing...

From what I've understood, they have the same basis, but apart from the few standardized parts (mostly along the aero and drivetrain) they can build up the car within the regulations how they like... The rollcage alone can help massively with rigidity, then there's the engine, the front suspension, airdam design and so on - even ducting can make a difference if Larkham is to be believed...
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :All the cars have basically the same chassis. So what makes the Vodafone car consistently faster than the other teams? Whenever I watch V8, it's always the 888/88 car at the front.

I'm old school and it's not Holden v Ford anymore, the cars are so simular. Bathurst is the only V8 supercars I watch now and that says more about the track than the cars.
I wonder how many people out there now follow the driver more than the brand, it was a very exciting race for the last 10 laps and a great come back from Craig Lowndes.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :There was a worse fireball in V8 Supercars earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFG05xRM8Qw

considering that, I'd say somewhat a lack of safety. off the start line, and one backed into the wall... I mean sure, they were fairly hard hits, but I've seen way harder, all the time.

like Ford Pintos out there

Reindler stalled (thanks to clutch failiure) at Bargallo though, and Owen was unsighted and couldn't react quick enough, and for Besnard, he backed it into the wall. I thought they used fuel bladders in V8s?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I thought they used fuel bladders in V8s?

Yes they use bladder. I think these are freak accidents that oddly smash the whole tank so much that the bladder must break OR that the cars are built harder so that the bladder has nowhere to go now, but had in the past.

I think 888 is on top becuase all talent are in sync, all aspects/personel are top notch. Not only is the setups top ten in the field, its to the drivers liking, etc.

As we saw, Murphy can still be no1 if everything is in his favour. That is not the end of the field he is used to currently. And I think he just got the setup perfect for daring to go flat out.
Wow... that spotter guide is so much nicer than the ALMS ones...

RE: fuel bladders; the bladder itself was probably fine, I'd bet it's the nossle that separated from the bladder. That's what usually happens.
Quote from MAGGOT :Wow... that spotter guide is so much nicer than the ALMS ones...

That's because Andy Blackmore didn't do the illustrations. He's very professional about the entire process of keeping them up to date, but his illustrations aren't anything special...

V8 Bathurst 1000
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG