The online racing simulator
Nordschleife vs. TRENTO - BONDONE
(7 posts, started )
#1 - AJS
Two very different tracks thats for sure but both very long and challenging.

Im learning the Trento Bondone track now with nKPro obviously.

What are your opinions ?

Which one is more fun, challenging, harder to memorize etc?
Personally I prefer nordschleife. There are all kinds of corners and it has a good flow of following turns while trento seems more stop and go track with. Also the polygon edge bumps make trento a bit tedious at some places.

I think you should add isle of man into the mix as well. One long circuit that too. I'd really wish some game had iom so I had to learn it. It seems even faster than nordy (I think rfactor has it need to check it out). But then again it took literally months and years to learn nordy so iom with its even longer length will probably make it a lifetime project for me.

And I will not even mention targa florio in this post
I'd say The Nordschleife. it took 4-5 years for me to learn how to drive it properly and now i can drive it extremely well (at least on GT4/GT5 etc. games). And the elevation changes, the corners and all makes it much more challenging. But yes, the Isle of Man could be interesting And the OLD Spa-Francorshamps could be quite interesting too.
If you want extreme old skool track go for rFactor + HistoriX + Targa Florio.

Oh and I love Nordschleife.
IoM was in GPL and NR2003, too. Targa Floria is in GPL and rF. Haven't tried Trento yet, but I also don't yet have my hands on a copy of nKPro... might still pay for it, I did like the demo, and I'd like some more playgrounds...

Personally, I love the ring. Partly because of its infamous reputation, partly because of its insane speed, partly because of the scenery but mostly for the variety of challenging corners and elevation changes. Just a wonderful circuit to drive in a game, and I'd imagine in real life, too.
Quote from MAGGOT :Just a wonderful circuit to drive in a game, and I'd imagine in real life, too.

I can attest to that! I've enjoyed driving it in GPL and GT4, but driving it in real life after 10 years of dreaming about it was amazing

I've played IoM in GPL, and also in that Suzuki IoM game for the PS2, and find that an amazing track too. Driving the 'Ring in real life wasn't really scary, but I just could not imagine doing the IoM on a bike!
I prefer the hillclimb.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG