The online racing simulator
Scottish Team
(74 posts, started )
Scottish Team
The Birth of Caledonian Racing

A few post on the BF1 skins forum has given me the idea to form a small team for the haggis-hunters amongst us. Nothing to rival the likes of N1 but just a way to get a group of us together to race with our fellow countrymen and improve our racing.

There is also the Nations Cup which there was a Scotland team entered in and racing for the first part of the group stages until we lost a team manager and I had to move to places without internet for 5 months!! With some luck we may be able to enter that for the next season it runs as well.

Any suggestions, interested parties etc. post here and we will see where it takes us.

So far we have,

typhoonf1
wicker
zorrofox
jaimi
Bramski
RockMonkey
DarkTimes
lurcho

As he races with me most nights.
Scottish team would be magic! I want in!!
Count me in man. sounds like a great idea. We'll all be in the same time zone (apart from Edinburghers, obviously) so we should all be able to meet up at the right times. I'll do anything that's needed so ask away.

*EDiT* - almost anything.
#4 - jaimi
count me in im not the greatest but i'll learn
I'm up for racing with a few of my fellow Scots.
Sorry, Im already taken

If there are every any other 'nations' events though, let me know
Aye, i'm kinda taken aswell.

But, if you want me to take part in Nations cup events, i'd be happy to give it a bash.

I wouldn't mind becoming semi-involved though, if you need help with anything

Cheers,
David
It looks like we have a team then!!

My idea was to have a team like any other but mainly for Scots (or Scots in Exile) with some kind of Scottish theming or identity.

The Nations Cup is a separate event where racers from other teams can race together for their country - that means those of you that are members of other teams can still race in the Nations Cup and the two teams (the Nations Cup and this one) will be separate entities (although they may well be run by the same people and have a lot of the same members).

I could do with some input as to possible names - something with a Scottish theme preferably - and skins etc. Also what type of cars/racing most people here are into.

Will post some more details as they come to me.
I'm in - I'd love to be in a Scottish team.

As you can see by my flag, I'm Scottish.

I enjoy most of the cars, although I particularly like the FOX, XFT and LX4 at the moment. Generally I'm up for a bit of anything though, so long as the company is right.
Brilliant! Not sure about a name though. What about Ecurie Ecosse or a variation thereof? Something classy definitely. I'll sleep on it. As for my cars? I only drive Single-seaters and GT's and I'm not great in either. I do appreciate the rules though and think it would be great to work in a team. I wish I could understand how to make skins but I've tried and tried and it's beyond me.
For Team names... how about The Flying Scots, Celtic Connection or The Scotia barons.

I like the single seaters, the GT's the LX's and the RA5 and the MRT. I like a bit of rally cross as well and the occasional drift.
Celtic Crusers, Pictish Warriors,

inccidently if you open the soud recorder in windows and record the name hamish and play it back wards it sounds like my name. I found that kinda cool.

Zorrofox, we've raced together on a practise server before and you we not to bad. We would have to set up a training server to allow us all to race each other at a competative level.

I like the single seaters also but cannot drive the LX series at all.

Have put up a preview of my scottish skin for the BF1 still working on it, and a couple fo FXO/FXR skins as well.

If anyone has the tennants T or any other logos i would appreciate them greatly Stax
Attached images
scotland.JPG
FXO_saltire1.JPG
FXR_scotalpha.JPG
Attached files
Scots.txt - 41.3 KB - 211 views
Google is your friend.
Attached images
Tennents-Logo.jpg
Tunnocks! Excellent! I'm happy with "Flying Scots". Sounds good. I used to own a Flying Scot. Lovely bike.

*EDiT* - How many of us use voice in-game? I have Ventrilo installed.
I don't tend to use any voice-chat with LFS, but I have team-speak and could easily setup Ventrillo.
The saltire on the car is definitely the way to go...

Didn't have time for the back view render - need to go to work.
Attached images
bf1r-multiscot.jpg
typhoon what do you require to do a render of mine? And what do you use to render these images?
And a big thanks to zorro for the Tennants logo, Google was letting me down. I spent 2 hours searching for oit and got on the "T in the Park" logo
Nice skin Typhoon

Keeping scottish logos is a good idea too. The ones you already have are pretty cool.

A few others to add would be:
Irn-Bru/Barrs
Famous Grouse (+any other scots booze)
RBS (you already have but is a good one)

There is already another Irn-Bru skin going about which is made by my brother, if you want to see it ill maybe post it later. I think the flag one is best though.

Good luck chaps.
irn bru is under the 13 on the nose, thinking asbout another somewhere else, on the hunt for the finest of the scots whiskeys. and Baxters, campbells soups. wantting to keep it purely scottish logos.

just tryting to fit a slogan on just now
"Home is where the haggis is"
where in the beutiful country do you all hail from?
I did a Irn Bru skin for the BF1 that can be seen here for those that havent already..

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6610&page=13

To do a render all I need is the skin file itself - the rest is already set up and uses standard textures (I can change the tyre manufacturer - steering wheel etc if needed). I use 3ds Max with Brazil to render them.
ok this is NOT FINISHED (hence the name BF1_test.jpg) but a render would let me see the Faults that need correcting.
thanks man.
gouranga
Attached images
BF1_test.jpg
No probs - will do it later this afternoon after work (dont reckon the boss would thank me for running it on my PC whilst he's trying to get onto my databases!!!)

BTW - I'm from the only part of Scotland worth coming from....EDINBURGH
cool cool, me i,m from Arbroath (origonaly best town ever) now live in Aberdeen (dull, grey and wet).
OK, been thinking on the name thing...

I like Bramski's suggestion of resurrecting the old Ecurie Ecosse name in sim format - but are we good enough for such a venerable old name?!?!?

I had thought classy was the way to go - something like Reiver Racing or Caledonian Racing.

Flying Scots isn't bad but sounds a bit cheesy...

Although not as racy as what came to me last night....McRacers!! (NO,NO,NO)

[EDIT]: Sorry - Zorrofox mentioned Ecurie Ecosse
[EDIT]: I believe we now have the possibility of a dedicated team server thanks to Lurcho

Scottish Team
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG